Author Topic: Dark Knight "Armed Joker" international DS 1S poster  (Read 53537 times)

guest8

Re: Dark Knight "Armed Joker" international DS 1S poster
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2012, 08:28:56 PM »
I think i may just sell them off as reprints labeled "One of the great poster mysteries of the 21st century!"
As it doesn't look like we will get the answer. I didn't expect WB's or BLT to get back to me really but i was hoping.....

Either that or i will keep them in case 10 years from now some proof comes out and says they are real.

How many of these things do you have??!?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »
So given this information I would be better off paying MG's $10 for their DS original copy as opposed to paying $150 for HG's copy? :)

Looks that way.

Sorry. I forgot to add this >>>>>  :P

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:01:49 PM by Zorba »

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
I'm really not seeing any material differences between the MovieGoods poster and yours.

I think you're worrying about it too much. The only requirement is that you fully and fairly disclose the issues with this poster.  

I recommend you list these as originals and add a disclosure like this in your Ebay ad:

Although I am listing these posters in the originals section, I cannot guarantee they are originals.  I obtained them directly from a reliable source at Warner Bros who has always provided rock-solid originals, so I have good reason to believe they are originals.  Plus, double-sided reproductions are very rare and expensive to print and the small text and logos on them are very sharp, which normally proves originality.  However, I've learned that one sheets with this image were never distributed to theaters, so I believe this poster is either an unreleased one sheet or a very high quality reproduction.

Okay, that seems like the decent thing to do.
I'll put up the listing at the weekend and see what happens. I'll avoid calling it international though seeing as it seems to not to be with the July 18 date.

Okay if i quote your blurb above?
Dave.

guest8

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »
Looks that way.

Sorry. I forgot to add this >>>>>  :P

Mel: Hallucination Generation:, did you attempt to sell potentially fake movie posters?*
Judge Randolph: You *don't* have to answer that question!
Hallucination Generation:  I'll answer the question!
[to Mel]
Hallucination Generation: You want answers?
Mel: I think I'm entitled to.
Hallucination Generation: *You want answers?*
Mel:*I want the truth!*
Hallucination Generation: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Hallucination Generation: Son, we live in a world that has suckers, and those noobs have to be taken for all of their money. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for over TDK fakes being sold, and you curse the printers that make them. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That these fakes, while tragic, probably make those noobs very happy. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, stimulates the economy. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me selling these posters, you need me selling these posters. You use words like original, theatrical, authentic. You use these words as the backbone of a life spent collecting something. I use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who has such a moral code. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a copy of photo shop, and start printing. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Mel: Did you attempt to sell potentially fake movie posters?
Hallucination Generation: I did the job I...
Mel: *Did you attempt to sell potentially fake movie posters?*
Hallucination Generation: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

bed1

• Collector
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2012, 09:36:18 AM »
Mel: Hallucination Generation:, did you attempt to sell potentially fake movie posters?*
Judge Randolph: You *don't* have to answer that question!
Hallucination Generation:  I'll answer the question!
[to Mel]
Hallucination Generation: You want answers?
Mel: I think I'm entitled to.
Hallucination Generation: *You want answers?*
Mel:*I want the truth!*
Hallucination Generation: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Hallucination Generation: Son, we live in a world that has suckers, and those noobs have to be taken for all of their money. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for over TDK fakes being sold, and you curse the printers that make them. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That these fakes, while tragic, probably make those noobs very happy. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, stimulates the economy. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me selling these posters, you need me selling these posters. You use words like original, theatrical, authentic. You use these words as the backbone of a life spent collecting something. I use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who has such a moral code. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a copy of photo shop, and start printing. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Mel: Did you attempt to sell potentially fake movie posters?
Hallucination Generation: I did the job I...
Mel: *Did you attempt to sell potentially fake movie posters?*
Hallucination Generation: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

bed1

That is classic. :D
Very well done, had me in fits of laughter as i read. ;D

And I like that I'm Jack Nicholson.  8)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »

Very funny

If these are fakes, HG will have to face his doom....

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:39:15 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2012, 08:59:35 PM »

I recommend you list these as originals

spew

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2012, 09:55:40 PM »
spew

You should go vomit on Dan, the godfather of authentications, cuz I directly modeled my recommended language on his. How likely is this ROLLED Manhattan an original? Not. But the disclosure is sufficient.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:59:13 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »
No.

You made a call on this poster. Has nothing to do with anyone or anything else.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »
No.

You made a call on this poster. Has nothing to do with anyone or anything else.

For what it's worth, I "think" ALL of these "July 18 Armed Joker" one sheets are fake since the Loces of the world have it, it was never released to theaters, and it's unnaturally dark, so I've labeled it a reprint on MPC now.  

But my opinion is no more valid than anybody else's and at this point we can't rule out that HG's particular posters came from a stash of unreleased posters directly from Warner, so it's proper for him to sell it with full disclosure, just like Dan is doing with his Manhattan poster.  
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:12:30 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
Fair enough sir.

• Collector
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »

Freefall

« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
I feel dirty.
Feel free to call me names.

Do not tempt me.  :P

• Collector
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2012, 06:33:16 AM »
Hey I've got a bid.
Wait a minute!!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2012, 06:36:39 AM »
Your bidder has a 5000-plus rating.
Maybe he knows something we don't.

• Collector
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2012, 06:45:49 AM »
Your bidder has a 5000-plus rating.
Maybe he knows something we don't.

Here's hoping.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »
After holding one of these in my hands, I believe that there is almost no possibility that they are real.  The paper looks (the gloss has a texture), feels (too thin) and smells (no smell) plain wrong.  Dale's earlier comments based on the pictures are spot on...

BTW, the fact that it has a US ratings box would preclude it from being 'an international' more than the date would...

guest8

« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:40 AM »
HG should do what DaveL did with his Hairy Belt SW posters, sell them to us for the cost of shipping! :)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2012, 12:19:18 AM »
Look familiar?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:19:37 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

• Collector
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »
It's a fan made poster, probably from the Dark Knight photo manip topic on Superherohype.com boards

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
and smells (no smell) plain wrong. 

I was waiting for someone to comment on the smell.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
I was waiting for someone to comment on the smell.

happy1

-Jeff

• Collector
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
German double sided one sheet.
Note the lack of detail on the green vest.