Author Topic: Amelie Japanese B1 - Help with Authentication  (Read 7480 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: Amelie Japanese B1 - Help with Authentication
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 01:18:21 PM »
I just saw that you had posted that Flickr link in your first post.  Sorry to repeat that in my post yesterday.

Thanks for the update about the LAMP thing and all.  It would be a helpful business for someone such as LAMP to start, though.

cheers
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:19:24 PM by Neo »

guest4947

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »
Dear All,

Thank you very much for the kind advice. Would it be possible for me to say that the collective verdict of the learned minds gathered here is that the B1 in my possession is most likely a high quality reproduction?

Thank you everyone again for advising on this!

best,
Joseph

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 05:28:17 PM »
I just saw that you had posted that Flickr link in your first post.  Sorry to repeat that in my post yesterday.

Thanks for the update about the LAMP thing and all.  It would be a helpful business for someone such as LAMP to start, though.

cheers

not a usuable format. Movie Poster Grading tried it. unless you're going to paste the paper onto the poster, how would you know 'this' poster goes with 'that' letter?

a lobby card can be encapsulated by CGC, a one sheet cannot.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »
not a usuable format. Movie Poster Grading tried it. unless you're going to paste the paper onto the poster, how would you know 'this' poster goes with 'that' letter?

a lobby card can be encapsulated by CGC, a one sheet cannot.

Right. It's not good in that sense, that is, for resale.  The LC encapsulation is pretty cool.  For a person's own peace of mind, though, I'm sure some folks would like to know whether their stuff is legit, without the whole encapsulation, etc. dealio.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »
Dear All,

Thank you very much for the kind advice. Would it be possible for me to say that the collective verdict of the learned minds gathered here is that the B1 in my possession is most likely a high quality reproduction?

Thank you everyone again for advising on this!

best,
Joseph

Yes. If you compare your copy to the known original copy, from the reputable person that is Mr. Linder in the Flickr link, you can clearly see the differences.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »
Right. It's not good in that sense, that is, for resale.  The LC encapsulation is pretty cool.  For a person's own peace of mind, though, I'm sure some folks would like to know whether their stuff is legit, without the whole encapsulation, etc. dealio.

buy from legitimate sources and you have the best chance of winding up on the positive. Though there are some mistakes that even seasoned dealers make when they aren't doing the 'due diligence' part and are just guessing

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 06:05:07 PM »
buy from legitimate sources and you have the best chance of winding up on the positive. Though there are some mistakes that even seasoned dealers make when they aren't doing the 'due diligence' part and are just guessing

Right on.  cool1

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 02:00:30 AM »

Ed Poole gives FFF a big thumbs up, so I would think all will work out between them and Joseph.

-Jeff