Author Topic: My Zany Home Framed Collection  (Read 149960 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: My Zany Home Framed Collection
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2011, 02:20:12 PM »
Yep, as I've said several times, I wish I could go back in time and emphasize quality over quantity.  In the early days, I bought boatloads of $15-$20 Photoshop montage hyper-modern posters.  I wish I had that money back to buy better older stuff....

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
I am liking the franky and astounding wall too.

Speaking of boatloads, when are you buying the boat(s)?

Bruce

« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »
Just dump the mistakes and start over. As to the money you lost on them, think of it as having had a three year relationship with a girl who seemed great and who ultimately proved to be crazy. I guarantee you would have spent more on her than you did on the junky posters over that time!

Then put it all out of your head, and only think of it as a lesson learned in what not to do in the future.

Bruce

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
Just dump the mistakes and start over. As to the money you lost on them, think of it as having had a three year relationship with a girl who seemed great and who ultimately proved to be crazy. I guarantee you would have spent more on her than you did on the junky posters over that time!

Then put it all out of your head, and only think of it as a lesson learned in what not to do in the future.

Bruce

Or just roll them up, and hide them on a shelf for 20 years.  Then throw away the 90% which is junk, and get back your money from the 1-2 that turn out to be gems.
-Jay-

raulleaf

« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2011, 07:52:20 PM »
Do another round of freebies!!!!!  I'll take the uber-modern posters.   Just think that in 50 years or so inflation will hopefully, at least, get you your money back...

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »

Mel, are those nipples on the Astounding She Monster!!!!!!!!!!  How in God's green earth, did they get away with that in the 50's?

Brian

PS.  I am always amazed at how a posters impact is magnified when hung in a frame
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2011, 10:51:15 PM »
Think of it as having had a three year relationship with a girl who seemed great and who ultimately proved to be crazy. I guarantee you would have spent more on her than you did on the junky posters over that time!

I already did that!  I moved up to DC chasing after a crazy-fun femme!  She's long gone and I'm stuck with 1000 pieces of pretty paper!  No doubt she'd say I'm the nut!

Mel, are those nipples on the Astounding She Monster!!!!!!!!!!  How in God's green earth, did they get away with that in the 50's?

Guys in the 50s were a bunch of horny bastards just like they are today! :)

Do another round of freebies!!!!!  I'll take the uber-modern posters.

Your poster greed knows no limits! :)

Speaking of boatloads, when are you buying the boat(s)?

When I quit spending almost all my discretionary income on these &*(Y@#(* posters!  So not anytime soon, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:51:49 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »
Looking good.

Ann Margaret and Sophia Loren make one hell of a one two punch.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »

Still amazed how cool your place looks.  As I have mentioned before, your Poster Nirvana wall decor photo's helped get me into the hobby before I knew that Pirate Mel and Poster Nirvana were one and the same.

I think my favorite of your current lineup would either be the Sophia Loren "Madame" or the Green Slime poster.  Now what that says about me, we should leave for professionals.   ;D

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

raulleaf

« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2011, 11:03:44 PM »
I think I am going to have to get a Madame....

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2011, 11:32:30 PM »
  Damn you Charlie, I saw it first.  Before it was my interest in the the Black Swans and now Madame.......... moron1

So totally kidding.  I am going on a purchasing hiatus until November starting tomorrow.  I will be posting but not purchasing. Though I did have a big weekend, but I am too tired to post about it tonight.

Brian
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:38:56 PM by ATLfun »

raulleaf

« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
 Damn you Charlie, I saw it first.  Before it was my interest in the the Black Swans and now Madame.......... moron1

So totally kidding.  I am going on a purchasing hiatus until November starting tomorrow.  I will be posting but not purchasing. Though I did have a big weekend, but I am too tired to post about it tonight.

Brian

Hey at least I can say you have good taste.  I saw your haul; nice!  Wish I would have known you were looking for a Fargo;  I have one and I can't stand it...  Good pickups; sorry about your hiatus although we won't miss the competition.  :) 

guest8

« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
Woohoo Its MEL !! :)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
Some guys have trophy cases....

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2011, 04:50:29 PM »

Nice trophy case.  Now, maybe you can turn your attention to securing a "trophy wife."  It cannot be that much harder than tracking down a Canadian LA Confidential.

Brian

Charlie

« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »
  Nice trophy case.  Now, maybe you can turn your attention to securing a "trophy wife."  It cannot be that much harder than tracking down a Canadian LA Confidential.

Brian

But he likes collecting and displaying posters?   hitself

Nice hat-trick Mel! 

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »
all good but man UNDERWATER must be one of the most over rated posters, imho, Ill sell you a $10 poster with a sexier image any
 day.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
I've been lazy lately and have been erratically changing posters and taking pics but here is most of what is up now as of September 26. (I've omitted some stuff that hasn't changed.) Mostly scantily-clad ladies, it appears.  Next month I'll put up my best stuff for the annual apartment Art Tour....

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:00:27 PM by erik1925 »

guest8

« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
I missed my chance to watch Another Earth when it screened here .. The posters nice as well .. Have you seen the movie Mel or did you just see and like the poster?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
I missed my chance to watch Another Earth when it screened here .. The posters nice as well .. Have you seen the movie Mel or did you just see and like the poster?

Naw, I rarely watch movies.  One of these days hopefully I'll escape this hobby and watch some of the movies for which I have posters.

BTW, yours truly designed this flyer and is on the tour this month.  Guess I'll have to put up my "classy" posters (do I have any?):

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:03:57 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2011, 09:38:16 PM »
Great flyer.  What fund are y'all raising money for?

It's hard to believe that you don't watch movies often, considering how many posters you have.  The PF Lucky Strikes, L.A. Confidentials, She Monster, and Black Cat are epic.  A lot of other great ones on the walls, too many to mention.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
Great flyer.  What fund are y'all raising money for?

It's hard to believe that you don't watch movies often, considering how many posters you have.  The PF Lucky Strikes, L.A. Confidentials, She Monster, and Black Cat are epic.  A lot of other great ones on the walls, too many to mention.

Long story.  But the gist is that DC is rent-controlled and the landlord is trying to jack up the rent improperly.  So we'll use the funds to pay for legal expenses. (And "we" is a huge number by the way - 450 apartments in one building!)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2011, 10:09:24 PM »
Battles are raging on all fronts!  Good luck, bro.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2011, 12:12:03 AM »
The "You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger" seems an odd choice for a man cave...or is it just me?
Ves

guest8

« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »
He has to show potential mates that he has a romantic side :P