Author Topic: It's Coming Monday!  (Read 21516 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: It's Coming Monday!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:39 PM »
This might be it...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »
Ooo... the French 4-panel.  Steller. 

This site has a great series on Metropolis posters: http://www.uow.edu.au/~morgan/Metroja.htm

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »
Ooo... the French 4-panel.  Steller. 

This site has a great series on Metropolis posters: http://www.uow.edu.au/~morgan/Metroja.htm

Thanks for the link Matt - very interesting
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »
I'd also rather have this one...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 11:22:17 PM »
I'll sell my sublime daybill for $849,999.99?

Chris

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
Congrats Sean!  I just listed a few items to give it a whirl.  How long do I have to wait before they show up? 

By the way, you may want to consider increasing the maximum photo size (1.2MB, 800px on the long edge).  Most of my photos are much higher resolution than that... it would be nice to be able to show the full detail.

Thanks Harry (and everyone else for the words of encouragement).

Your items are approved now, so I wish you good luck with them.
The photos you uploaded are not very large though, so you are welcome to upload larger ones (we recommend up to 2000px on the long edge, not 800, I think you might have read it backwards). If we find that the max size images are not working well or giving enough detail we certainly have the option to increase them.

The Metropolis poster is being advertised at what i feel is a realistic price given it's sales history and not a price so high it will never sale. This is a very real poster and is really being offered for sale.  We also have a couple of other high-profile pieces that we are working on trying to get for the site, so keep checking.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Der Januskopf

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »
Yeah, and they previously had it listed on their site at a cool 2 mil.

$2 mil??  jawdrop   When it was bought only 7 years ago for $690K?

$850K even seems a long shot in the current climate. (But one never knows).

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »
I'll sell my sublime daybill for $849,999.99?

clap clap clap clap clap clap
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
Nice website!  Look forward to checking it out more in the future.  Hopefully they'll be a increase in Italian stuff as time goes on.  Definitely like the ability to search by country and the very clean look.

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
so can anyone explain me how the shipping costs work? I'm probably as thick as a plank, but I haven't figure it out yet. Looks to me you're buying something now without knowing what the shipping costs are.

Also can someone please change the tag "horror" for the Blithe Spirit lobby set, that really annoys me

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »
Looks very cool.

I like the idea of it. I hope it takes off.

Good luck!

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
so can anyone explain me how the shipping costs work? I'm probably as thick as a plank, but I haven't figure it out yet. Looks to me you're buying something now without knowing what the shipping costs are.

Yea I'd be interested in a little more shipping info as well.  I assume sellers pay out of pocket to ship items MPE who then in turn ships to the buyer.  Also as the buyer is there a certain amount of time you have to pay like emovie, which would allow you to purchase multiple posters over a period of a week or so and combine the shipping costs?

Der Januskopf

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »
All looks great but I was reading about the way a winning bidder or buyer receives his/her items. A seller of the item has to ship the item(s) to MPE, where it then (reviewed-what does this mean?), turned around and mailed out a second time, to the winning buyer/bidder? With the horror stories of shipping damage, why risk having a poster mailed twice? It also makes for a lot of added wait time for the buyer, (2-3 weeks before anything is even shipped) rather than allowing the seller to ship directly to the winner/buyer. (Unless MPE was sent the item prior to it being put up for auction or sale).

Shipping to MPE

When you have sold an item on MPE, you are expected to ship the item to us as quickly as possible. All shipments should be sent to us within five (5) days of confirmation of purchase. If you have sold multiple items you are welcome to ship them all to us in one package.

Transaction Times

From the time MPE receives your payment, please allow 2-3 weeks for your items to be shipped. Remember, MPE does not store Seller items on premises during the period they are listed for sale or auction.  Immediately upon your agreement to purchase an item, the Seller is contacted and instructed to ship the item to MPE within 7 days.  MPE will then review and process the item(s) you purchased, and ship your order.

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »
that's what I try to understand as well. If I have it right this scenario would unfold. I from The Netherlands put up an item for sale. (I guess the costs of shipping to MPE are included in the price tag). Then I ship to the US. The buyer turns out to be a German. Bidder has to pay shipping cost to MPE and as he is so unfortunate not to be from the US he/she pays for FEDEX or such like. Somehow this seems bothersome and not very interesting for European or other non-Us buyers/sellers

Der Januskopf

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »
that's what I try to understand as well. If I have it right this scenario would unfold. I from The Netherlands put up an item for sale. (I guess the costs of shipping to MPE are included in the price tag). Then I ship to the US. The buyer turns out to be a German. Bidder has to pay shipping cost to MPE and as he is so unfortunate not to be from the US he/she pays for FEDEX or such like. Somehow this seems bothersome and not very interesting for European or other non-Us buyers/sellers

That is a great example. To ship an item from The Netherlands to MPE in the US, (I am guessing the seller's shipping cost is extra?) only to have the winning buyer/bidder, who is in Germany, pay a much higher shipping cost from the US back to him, in DE, as opposed to what it would have cost to send from the Netherlands direct to Germany.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »
yeah.. why shouldn't the seller be able to send the item right to the buyer? I mean, all that will happen is that MPE WILL BE EXPOSING THEIR CLIENT LIST TO PEOPLE WHO WILL BYPASS MPE TO SELL DIRECTLY TO THE BUYER

what could be wrong with that right??

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »
but that's the whole point isn't it, creating a quality marketplace in all aspects, where sellers meet buyers through MPE for a fee of 10%

Der Januskopf

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 05:30:11 PM »
This site is really, in many aspects, like a mini-ebay, but specializing in movie posters/lobbies/WC etc alone. The model (bid / BIN /Best Offer) are all identical.

Plus, unless a seller wants to have MPE sell his or her item(s) for them directly, why is a seller, in a sense, forced to pay to ship it there, regardless? MPE then is turning around and charging a 2nd shipping fee + insurance to the winning bidder/buyer. This area needs some rethinking or reworking, IMO.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
I understand why they've set it up that way, essentially they're going to verify it's not fake and the description is correct before it's sent out to the buyer.  It's kinda like a love child of eBay and eMovie.  eBay style of format with the added protection of knowing your getting something real like eMovie except the seller isn't burdened with big commissions or having to wait months to get their stuff listed because you list it yourself.  The wait time to receive your item doesn't really bother me, but I can see where shipping costs would come into factor for international buyers and sellers.  Still I kind of like the idea of everything being shipped from one location, for me I'm more curious about combined items though.  I'd like to know if they have a system like eMovie where I can buy things for two weeks and then have it all shipped out at once.  I wouldn't mind paying the item price upfront, but would like some time (maybe up to 2 weeks) to pay shipping in case I found something else.

Der Januskopf

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »
I understand why they've set it up that way, essentially they're going to verify it's not fake and the description is correct before it's sent out to the buyer.  It's kinda like a love child of eBay and eMovie.  eBay style of format with the added protection of knowing your getting something real like eMovie except the seller isn't burdened with big commissions or having to wait months to get their stuff listed because you list it yourself.  The wait time to receive your item doesn't really bother me, but I can see where shipping costs would come into factor for international buyers and sellers.  Still I kind of like the idea of everything being shipped from one location, for me I'm more curious about combined items though.  I'd like to know if they have a system like eMovie where I can buy things for two weeks and then have it all shipped out at once.  I wouldn't mind paying the item price upfront, but would like some time (maybe up to 2 weeks) to pay shipping in case I found something else.

Well, if MPE is concerned about sellers listing fakes or reprints on the site, that does make some sense. But those that would choose to engage in that practice would never use this kind of site anyhow, since they would be caught, most likely, during the "review" process.   pcorn

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »
Yes Answer, I understand that as well and I am no way knocking the concept. It sure looks a great concept to set up a quality marketplace and lock out the riff raff, but i thought the approval system was put in place to take care of that.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
but that's the whole point isn't it, creating a quality marketplace in all aspects, where sellers meet buyers through MPE for a fee of 10%

that's not what they have setup Wim.. in this case, they are the same as any auction house where the buyers and sellers have no clue who the other is. This is the same business model as the very successful Comiclink.com

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
I understand why they've set it up that way, essentially they're going to verify it's not fake and the description is correct before it's sent out to the buyer.  

exactly correct.. they are "vetting" the poster, but not just making certain that the poster is authentic but that the poster has been correctly described pertaining to condition. If you say as a seller the poster is C-8, they are going to make sure the poster is indeed C-8 or better. MPE is a facilitator & proof reader offering a service that insures happy business & not the foolishness that goes on at ebay.

yesterday I got a rare lobby card I won ebay - the moron didn't use any ferqin cardboard. He also hasn't bothered to respond to my message. This stupidity won't happen at MPE because the middleman is going to prevent it
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:56:06 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »
Yes Answer, I understand that as well and I am no way knocking the concept. It sure looks a great concept to set up a quality marketplace and lock out the riff raff, but i thought the approval system was put in place to take care of that.

Anyone can upload a picture, doesn't mean the picture is of what is for sale.  The approval of the listing is to simply making sure the listing is properly filled out according to their set guidelines, not to determine whether the poster is legit or described correctly as that cannot always be determined by photo.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:02:24 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
The site does not appear to be working correctly right now.