Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 350909 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1075 on: December 23, 2016, 05:46:15 PM »
Love that Escape from New York, Shawn.
Classic!
 cheers

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1076 on: December 23, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »
Love that Scream Quad, Shawn. It's on my wantlist but haven't seen one yet.

Escape from New York is an absolute classic well done on scoring one.

Simon

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1077 on: December 24, 2016, 12:06:16 AM »

TED: Thanks for the visit. I am pretty excited about the ESCAPE poster...but now the whole NSS vs Studio Style war is going on in my head. I know JEFF has a studio style also and was debating the NSS vs Studio thing as well (saw that conversation on here somewhere). I got this from eMovie...but, hmm. Maybe I should go for a studio one or is this okay?

SIMON: Always a pleasure having the new folks drop by, too. Glad you like some of my newer stuff. Looking forward to watching your own collection grow. Cheers!

Anyway, here's my post:.

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through APF, not much was going on...  I guess that is as it should be.

But here's a Christmas Eve BONUS post. Enjoy or don't:

OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY (British Quad):

I thought I should have at least one semi-Christmas-y poster on the Christmas Eve post, so i quickly bid on/won this for the equivalent of $1.24 (too funny) (plus postage). I don't know anything about this flick, other than it is playing right now. Good? Bad? I have no idea...but ho ho ho!

BASKET CASE (Australian Daybill):

I don't know why more people don't remember the original BASKET CASE more fondly. What a wonderful piece of bizarre-o psychotronica! I have a one sheet or two for it, but have always dug on this Australian daybill...and so, voila! Here's a copy for me. If you've never seen this--SEE IT!  (Skip the awful snore-inducing sequels, but check the freakazoid-a-go-go original flick out! It's wild!  I remember sneaking out of the house to see a midnight showing of this while in high school. Ha! These little low-budget gems just don't exist any more.)

Andy Warhol's FLESH (German):

Oh joy...this is mine. I'd love to have more Andy Warhol movie posters for US releases, but for some reason, most go crazy high. Here is a German release for FLESH. There is a plastic bag on the poster which makes the poster look wrinkled/saggy. I also won the German poster for Andy Warhol's HEAT (called HOLLYWOOD in Germany) at the same time. The poster featured a topless Sylvia Miles and a peek at Joe Dallesandro's pubes. However, when the seller was removing it from wherever he had it stored, it ripped. Waaaagh! Oh well. At least I got FLESH.

Hmm... Photobucket banned the picture. I found it online here:

WAYNE'S WORLD:

This was not too expensive and I thought I'd get it (do i already have one? Hmm...) as WAYNE'S WORLD is kind of an early 90s iconic bit o' pop culture.  Party on. Excellent!

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN:

I THOUGHT I had a copy of this poster (and I may still have one somewhere). However, when i was going through my boxes (only got half way through), I came across a small copy--11x17 or something like that. Is THAT the full-sized poster I thought I had? Hmm. Anyway, glad to have this based-on-a-GRINDHOUSE-trailer movie poster for the feature film. The film was fun, too...kind of like how the first MACHETE was.

WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S:

Like the WAYNE'S WORLD poster was to the early 90s, WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S is a quasi-iconic film from the late 80s. Getting the poster wouldn't hurt.

SWAMP THING:

This is something I picked up at eMovie's Black Friday sale. I was never a SWAMP THING fan, but I see this poster selling for $$$ a lot. So, while it was cheap, i got one for myself. Thanks eMovie.

TARZAN'S SECRET JUNGLE (linen):

This is one of the Gordon Scott (Talking Tarzan #3 after Johnny Weissmuller and Lex Barker) TARZAN posters i did NOT have yet. (I think.) This was the FIRST of the Scott Tarzans and starred his future wife (and future ex-wife), Vera ("Psycho") Miles. On linen unfortunately...but i had to try for it any way as i love my Tarzan movies. I bid on so many and when i came home, I found I only scored two: this one and the one below.

TARZAN TRIUMPHS and TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY (linen re-release combo):

This poster was accompanied by this blurb in the eMovie auction: "Important Added Info: Note that we have never seen this poster before! Each of these movies have 1949 re-release movie paper (mostly lobby cards), but both of those re-releases have different NSS numbers than this one-sheet. Therefore, we strongly suspect that theaters in 1949 were given the option to either show one of the movies or both, and that they created re-release movie paper for each individual re-release, as well as for the double-bill release, and it is possible that only a one-sheet was created for theaters that wanted to show the double-bill. You would not expect that this would be one of the most rare Tarzan one-sheets there is, but we suspect that few, if any, theaters ordered this poster, which would account for why it is so rare, and why have never auctioned it before!" Zowie! Even though it was a re-release/combo for some of the last of the Weissmuller TARZANs (the Sol Lesser years... and they were "lesser" movies...)--and this is my 2nd poster with Weissmuller as Tarzan, I really wanted this one (over some of the other choice Tarzan posters offered) due to its rarity. It's no secret TARZAN is one of my favorite series...and I'm thrilled to get this. Even though it's on linen (Blah!)

X: THE MAN WITH X-RAY EYES:

Wow! Wow! Wow!!!  I have long wanted this poster and it has always been just beyond my grasp. This time, I just went for it...and it was mine. I spent far more than i wanted...and had no business doing so...but...

That's it for this posting. Now, if you are reading this early in the day, remember to make it an early night. And if you are reading this late today....eeek!  Get to bed quick!  Santa is on his way and he expects to find you asleep with visions of movie posters dancing thru your head. Then you'll wake up in the morning and find that he has left you that amazing (fill in the blank) poster you ALWAYS wanted. (That is, if you were good. If you were naughty, you get ZILCH once again. Ha!)

Have a super groovy cha-cha-cha Christmas!

Ho ho ho!

CHEERS!

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:49:23 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1078 on: December 24, 2016, 03:40:37 AM »
The Swamp Thing... Liking the art work / attention to detail Congrats thumbsup.gif for them all. Happy Xmas

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1079 on: December 24, 2016, 05:06:55 AM »
basket case RULES.
actually I think the first video cassette I ever saw was at the kids over the roads house and was a beta of basket case. OH BOY!
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1080 on: December 25, 2016, 01:23:53 AM »

The Swamp Thing... Liking the art work / attention to detail

Hi STEVE. Merry Christmas to you as well. After I read your comment, I took another look at the SWAMP THING poster. I know which "details" you were paying "attention" to. Ha! May you have the breast Christmas ever.

ARI: If anyone out there enjoyed BASKET CASE, I KNEW it would be you. Awesome taste, pal...and what a great first Beta tape memory! Ha!

Happy ho-ho-holidays! I hope Santa was extra-special nice to you and brought you all of the exciting posters you've been dreaming of all year long. Here are a few goodies I unwrapped...

DEATHSTALKER II:

Since the posters are kind of like Hercules posters, I decided to track down the 4 DEATHSTALKER posters (1-4). Only the first movie was actually released in theaters. The sequels were direct to video...or so I thought. I got a DEATHSTALKER II video release poster...and then stumbled on this one. A theatrical release? SOLD! Never seen any of the movies either...they probably suck.

BEACH GIRLS AND THE MONSTER:

Call it a bash! Call it a ball!  Call it a blast!  Call it an oops, i really didn't need a 2nd copy!  I like this poster--a lot. I somehow found myself bidding on it--even though I already have one...and now I have two. Ouch!  Wish i had saved the $$$.

ZOMBIETHON:

Speaking of direct to video, this is an old VHS era poster for Wizard Video's zombie flick "best of" compilation video, utilizing scenes from things like ZOMBIE, ZOMBIE LAKE, OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES, etc. Just seeing the movies by themselves is better...but I have always dug this poster. SCORE!

BAD SANTA:

Ho-Ho-Ho... Yes, Santa is hanging out with three skeezy 'ho"s and is in a drunken stupor once again. Such is the basic premise of BAD SANTA (minus the "ho"s maybe). Not the best Christmas movie--or even a classic. BUT...it inspired a sequel (REALLY?--yep. See below...) and a Christmas posting has to have some sort of Christmas poster...right?

BAD SANTA 2:

Hmm. This was cheap and, of the two designs I've seen, this one is the preferred (over a close up of Billy Bob passed out on a bar). Ho ho ho-hum... We'll see if the movie is any good or not (and how many years has it been since the first one?)...however, i think it came and left already and FLOPPED. Ha!

THE 27TH DAY:

I know nothing about this movie...just have long loved the poster...which always has gone high and escaped my grasp. Cool poster. Is the flick any good?

THE LEECH WOMAN:

No, this is NOT the story of your ex-wife. I never saw this flick, but have coveted the poster for a while. It's always slipped out of my hands...until NOW.

BRIDES OF BLOOD:

FINALLY!  After years of searching and trying to get one, i finally have the poster for the first film in the BLOOD ISLAND series. I have MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND and BEAST OF BLOOD and various other BLOOD titles that Hemisphere Pictures tried to pass off as sequels or related films (HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS, BRAIN OF BLOOD, etc.). The poster art is poorly done--but screams out exploitation gem!  Zowie! I'm thrilled with this. (Although i paid far more than i should have...)

THE HOUSE OF USHER:

Ooooo, I am digging this. Classic Vincent Price in the best of the AIP Edgar Allan Poe adaptations. Doesn't the poster art, with it's white tunnel leading down from the surface, look like it inspired the poster art for 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE? Whatever---I am thrilled with this.

ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.:

Oh my STARS!!!  I never thought I'd be fortunate to land one of these. It's Raquel Welch and her prehistoric fur bikini in ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.  Zowie! I've been after one of these since i was a kid. Yahoo! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Now go away!  Be with your families! Enjoy yourself! Ho ho ho! (I'm working today anyway... waaaagh!)

CHEERS!

Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1081 on: December 26, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »
ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.:

Oh my STARS!!!  I never thought I'd be fortunate to land one of these. It's Raquel Welch and her prehistoric fur bikini in ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.  Zowie! I've been after one of these since i was a kid. Yahoo! 

Great selection of super-cool posters, Shawn!
So glad you scored this Raquel Welch classic!
Hope you had a very, Merry Christmas!
 cheers cheers cheers

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #1082 on: December 26, 2016, 07:35:48 PM »
Shawn... did you strike oil man? You've been hitting on some killer paper here lately... B.C., Brides of Blood, Beach Girls, 27th Day, and Leech Woman!!!!!!!

Loving them all!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1083 on: December 27, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »
TED: I hope you had a super duper Christmas-A-Go-Go as well. Oooooo i am SO excited about the BC poster. YOU, once again, reinforced the drive in me to get one with your tale of it being your first acq and how you later scored a replacement (super cheap--lucky dog!). I worked the 24th, 25th, and 26th (long, 12 hour shifts), but I did have a nice Christmas. Thanks!~

CHRIS: Me? Strike oil? NO...but I could be near to bankruptcy. Ha!  I am totally having to put a halt on my poster buying for a while. I have other things I need to concentrate on/get done and I am broke. Fortunately I already have a surplus of "posts" to put up for the next couple of months (including a few BONUS posts) into early March. Ha!  I am so glad you like some of my posters. I realize I only like the silly/cheesy/stuff (like all of the titles you mentioned). 

THANK YOU BOTH for visiting!

CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1084 on: December 31, 2016, 12:50:41 AM »

Happy New Year's Eve!

Oh my stars! WHERE did 2016 go-go?  I'm sure many of you out there have exciting New Year's Eve plans...so i'll try to be brief (well, that never happens, but...). Here's a BONUS post to send off 2016 and to welcome 2017. I think all of these new acquisitions (except one) are from eMovie's recent Black Friday sale last month. Thanks again, eMovie!

Okay, get your cocktails ready...

...and let's begin!

ASK ANY HOOKER:

I have no idea what this is. I had seen it lingering in the Fixed Price Items section for months...years, perhaps. I was curious about it but that was it. Then, during the sale, i thought "why not?" So i did.

MOMMIE DEAREST (half subway):

I know I just got a MOMMIE DEAREST one sheet not too long ago. I got that to try to fool a friend who bought me a framed PRINT years ago (that I threw out in the move) that the one sheet was the copy he gave me. This half subway is larger than a one sheet...but it's ROLLED (which the print was). So i bought this to be the one I'll frame and try to pass off as the one he gave me.

BATMAN FOREVER:

I am NOT a superhero movie fan. Although i love the 60s BATMAN series (and movie), I just am not a superhero kind of guy. However, I got this because A) it was cheap and B) if you saw any of my framed poster videos, you'll know I have several framed BATMAN posters from several of the 80s/90s series that had been a gift to my nephew 10 years or so ago. Earlier this year, he returned them to me--having outgrown them. I could not remember the name of the film some of the character posters were from. It was this film. Duh.

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS:

NOT a very good sequel by any means, I got this to go with my poster for the original...and it was cheap also.

THE BLAIR WITH PROJECT:

I got this one because, believe it or not, I don't think I had one yet. Many people today do not understand how/why this movie was a big hit. It was the first of its kind to do the found footage thing (which has now been done to death, thank you...). I saw the film in the theater...and walked away disappointed (the ending leaves a lot to be desired). I did, however, LOVE all of the promo stuff that went before the film's opening. The website was cool and convincing (it made it sound as if those people really DID disappear. And it was so detailed.). Better yet was the feature length (!) documentary about the Blair Witch that aired on some stations leading up to opening day. The first sequel was crap and I have not seen the reboot sequel yet...but having the first poster in the series is kind of cool.

I WAS A TEENAGE ZOMBIE:

I've never seen this, but got a copy of the (oops!) video poster a year ago or so, thinking it was the one sheet. My bad. For some reason the one sheet is usually pricey, but in the Black Friday sale, this was reasonable. Snag!

THE HUNGER:

This used to be a hard to get cult favorite...but lately it seems this movie has fallen more into the realm of the forgotten than cult. I saw this in the theater when it first came out. I wasn't that impressed with it. In fact, I've forgotten most of it. What I DO remember most about it was the cool song "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by the awesome band Bauhaus. This film introduced me to them (and their subsequent off-shoot bands).

KONG: SKULL ISLAND (advance):

This was NOT from the Black Friday sale...but I wanted to sneak this one in anyway. A NEW KING KONG movie? Although it looks like it's a bit skimpy on the mighty ape (based on the one trailer I've seen so far), I am all for it. Love me my KONG!  Had to get the advance ASAP.

THE BELLBOY AND THE PLAYGIRLS:

A 3-D nudie cutie? I'm there! I actually already have one of these posters, but when I saw the cheap price eMovie was asking for this better copy, I said SOLD.

GHOSTBUSTERS (International):

Wow! I was not a big fan of the GHOSTBUSTERS series either, but I recognize how popular/pricey the poster is. So, I've been on the hunt for one for years as well. I never liked the Ghostbusters symbol (ghost in the slashed circle) poster because the title was not on it. The US one sheet with the title features the three main stars...but no Ghostbusters symbol. However, the international one sheet features both styles of the US one sheets combined. This was the poster I was after (if I ever got one). This is what emovie had on sale...and this is the one I ended up getting. Who you gonna call? (And no, I will not be bothering with the posters for the sequel or reboot sequel...which I didn't even bother to see.)

Okay...the 31st is ticking away. Here is to a healthy and happy 2017....and a year filled with amazing posters!

CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1085 on: December 31, 2016, 03:30:46 AM »
The clock has not run out on 2016 yet! In addition to my New Year's Eve post above, I have a short video (31 seconds) of some newly framed posters!  Ooooo. Boring for most---but I am excited.  look or don't:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikV0lowrzw4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ikV0lowrzw4</a>

Or, for those who just like the link:

Now back to your year end celebration...

CHEERS!

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1086 on: December 31, 2016, 05:14:30 AM »
The Skull poster is wonderful - love the warning on the top left of the poster. Have a happy new years - its only 3 hours away here in Australia
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1087 on: December 31, 2016, 04:21:08 PM »
DAMOMAC By now you've started the new year. How exciting! I am still a little less than 11 hours away. How does 2017 seem to be shaping up so far? Thanks for visiting---and watching the 32 second video. Very few ever bother with them. Ha! Glad tyou dig the framed SCREAMING SKULL poster. That turned out to be my fave of the 4 I framed too.

CHEERS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:07:39 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Happy New Year and...ARGH!  This is my 2nd attempt at making this post. Just as I was finishing up the 1st attempt, I somehow DELETED it. GRRR! (Now i have to figure out which posters were on here and which I've already posted. OOOPS!)

THE GIRLS FROM THUNDER STRIP:

I don't know if i am thrilled to get this or not. I can't tell if the art is cool or CREEPY. Those heads, especially the one on the left, are so big with big eyes. Weird....

WIZARDS:

Something else I didn't really need. Joy... But I did see the flick. Bakshi (sp?) is collectible, no?

DEATH BED:

This strange little curio has been on my radar for a while...but I always seem to miss it. NOT this time. MINE!  Now to track down the movie. Is this any good? Death Bed...sounds like mine. I always seem to have trouble falling asleep (like now... It's late and I can't sleep. So I'm having a glass of whiskey and typing these descriptions again.... Joy... NOT!)

DRACULA SUCKS:

Speaking of curios, here is an X-rated Dracula movie starring golden age porn stars like John Leslie, Annette Haven, John Holmes, Kay Parker...and Reggie Nalder. What???  Nalder, star of THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, MARK OF THE DEVIL, and SALEM'S LOT appears (in a --thank god--non-porno role) as a Van Helsing-type role.  This was filmed at Scotty's Castle in the Mojave Desert and re-released in an edited R-rated version as LUST AT FIRST BITE.

THE HOLY MOUNTAIN (Japanese B2):

I love Alejandro Jordowosky. He is one of my all-time favorite directors, based on only three films alone; EL TOPO, HOLY MOUNTAIN and --my favorite--SANTA SANGRE.  I recently got a German EL TOPO poster and I have a video poster for SANTA SANGRE (which i prefer to the theatrical US version....but if I were able to snag one, I'd still buy it.). So I am thrilled to FINALLY score some paper for HOLY MOUNTAIN--a super psychedelic surreal movie that has to be seen to be believed. It's freakin' bizarre yet AWESOME.

OUT OF SIGHT:

Groovy, baby. I've never seen this flick but have long coveted this poster, which features a super duper custom car created by George Barris (creator of the 60's Batmobile, the Munster Koach, and other swell cars). I've never seen this flick, but it looks like a James Bond beach movie. Kowabunga!

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH (Thai):

This I bought from PHIL (aka OcularBeing) right here on the website in the For Sale section. (Thank you!!!!) I am broke and really need to curb my poster spending this year. BUT, I saw this posted and somebody (I think it was MIKE aka MWRIGHT) who had posted a copy of the Thai FAST TIMES on my thread (and, much like TED's posting of THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE HUNTERS inspired me to get THAT poster when he posted it on my thread). I went for it. I ended 2016 with a doozy...that i HOPE photobucket does NOT censor. Ha!

LEGEND OF THE WOLF WOMAN:

I do not know this movie, but I liked the poster. It's very colorful. Is the film any good? A true story so brutal and horrifying it was kept from the public for over a century...and kept from me even longer! Yowza!

THE MUMMY'S CURSE (British quad 70's re-release):

Not the prettiest of posters...hmm. This 70's British quad re-release for THE MUMMY'S CURSE is less than stunning--far less.But with so little paper on the Universal monsters, I'll take it.

FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN (British quad 60s re-release):

Another less-than-stellar British quad re-release, this time from the 60s. I'll take it because it's a Universal monster flick...but the design is very disappointing. The US re-releases were far more interesting...and that usually isn't necessarily the case. Oh well... Que sera sera. No one asked me for my input.

Okay--thanks for popping by and having a look. HAPPY NEW YEAR and may 2017 be the YEAR you get THAT poster you have been after the longest.

CHEERS!

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Should be another good year both life wise and hopefully in the poster department also. The collection grows bigger by the week and the wanted list keeps growing.
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

It's after midnight APF time. So what does that mean? It's now January 2nd...or JAN. the 2nd, if you will. What does that mean? It's FAKE JAN DAY! In honor of Geri Reischl, THE BRADY BUNCH VARIETY HOUR's "Fake Jan", people from all walks of life (well, those "in the know" at least) celebrate this most fake of holidays--FAKE JAN DAY! To salute Fake Jan Day 2017, here is a special BONUS post. Grab your cheeseballs (the official food of Fake Jan Day, because it is such a cheeseball holiday) and let's take a look! But as you do, see if you can spot the FAKE JANs as we move along.

But first, DAMOMAC, I'm super glad your collection is growing. That is awesome! Get busy posting. We all want to see what you've got. And, as always, thank you so much for stopping by.

Now, on to the special FAKE JAN DAY post:

THE CAPITAL HILL GIRLS:

Never heard of this adults only flick. So why did I buy it? Hello? 3D! I'm such a sucker for a gimmick...

SWINGTAIL:

Speaking of gimmicks and 3D (and suckers)... HA!

LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND THE MONSTERS:

Now, where can I find a copy of Red Riding Hood and the Monsters? That poster rocks.
I know you were just teasing, Ted...but here I am buying ANOTHER copy (for, unfortunately, a lot more than my first copy). It's an upgrade, as my other copy has a stamp on the back that bleeds through. I dig my kiddie matinee posters and I have all three of the Mexican LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD K. Gordon Murray kiddie matinee US posters. You may be kidding, Ted...but I really LIKE them. Ha! (I'm sure the movies are atrocious though...)

HAUNTED:

I'm not sure I ever saw this flick---which, by the cool poster, LOOKS interesting. I may have seen this a long time ago. But at the same time, i think I am confusing this film with something similarly titled called HAUNTS, which came out about the same time. That may be the one I saw. Whichever it was, it was sooooo dang boring. I don';t remember anything about a phone booth in a cemetery...so maybe this IS worth tracking down? Hmm...

THE BURNING:

THE BURNING was one of my first 15 or so posters. I still have my original copy, but the corners have pin holes and, I'm pretty sure, some missing paper. This is an upgrade.

THE JOYS OF JEZEBEL:

Ooooo. I've never seen the movie, but have long wanted the poster for it's wild, sexy and colorful art.

THE SPACE CHILDREN:

I've never seen this Jack Arnold directed sci fi flick, but with its giant brain (?) and all of the kids around it, it kind of makes me think of VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED...although i'm sure it's NOTHING like that. Cool image though.

ORGY OF THE GOLDEN NUDES (aka HONEYMOON OF HORROR):

First off, let me state that the image below is borrowed as I do not think Photobucket would host this image. Golly! I've wanted this poster for the last year or so---when another dealer had a copy. I tried to get that one, but it was snatched away at the last second. This time I put up a BIG snipe and...MINE! According to the research i did for this poster, it's a re-titling of something called HONEYMOON OF HORROR, which is supposed to be god-awful and tediously boring/incoherent. The ORGY version is supposed to have about 7 minutes of nudity (to make it less boring and incoherent, no doubt. Right, Steve?) that are absent from the HONEYMOON version...but the ORGY version appears to be "lost". (All possible copies are rumored to be in Australia somewhere though...)

BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER:

I thought ORGY OF THE GOLDEN NUDES was going to be my favorite poster of the post...but then I got this one. Ooooo--LOVE the futuristic art on this. The movie is hokey, but still kind of fun. Apparently this is a re-release poster. The original release was by some very small company (can't recall the name) and the poster art was completely different. AIP bought the picture and released it with all-new posters, and probably got it to far more theaters than the other company ever dreamed of getting to. Either way, it's a super cool poster (and it totally captures the look and feel of 2024. Ha!). Yowza!

And now go enjoy a cheeseball or two. Get your Fake Jan on. Have a fun day (or at least fake it).

HAPPY FAKE JAN DAY!

CHEERS!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Always a treat to see your new posters, Shawn.
Every one of 'em rocks!
 cheers

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Zowie, TED, you are too kind. THANK YOU!

Here is an extra special bonus post for FAKE JAN DAY 2017.  This first video is a quickie video of 4 more posters I have framed...including a peek at one I have NOT formerly shown anyone (and won't show until my next post on Friday the 13th!). 32 seconds. Watch or don';t:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DB6AKNZkPXE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DB6AKNZkPXE</a>

This second one is my tribute to Fake Jan Day 2017...  A very AWFUL video in which i embarrass myself to NO END. EEEK! Dare you watch? Turn it down as I (gasp!) sing (off key) and then, just when you think it's over, i make an even BIGGER fool out of myself. O' the horror of it all.

Watch or don't (I vote for DON'T).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDvGglQDGR4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gDvGglQDGR4</a>

CHEERS!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Yep 7 minutes of non boring orgy video is in my video vault :-p

Nice collection again including Orgy and Time Barrier (poster looking a bit TopGun-esque)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi STEVE!

I'm glad to hear those 7 minutes of ORGY OF THE GOLDEN NUDES are in your vault. I'll alert the authorities...er, um, film archivists so hopefully we can get it out there for all of the world to see. Glad you dig the poster and the TIME BARRIER one as well. (Those jet things on it do kind of give it a TOP GUN flair.)

I'll be back with a BONUS POST on Friday the 13th. In the mean time, here's a mini-bonus post...something I won tonight on Rich's movie poster bid auction (Thank you, Rich):

TOPAZ:

It's a Hitchcock film, and I have heard of it, but have never seen it  Any good?

I'll see you on the 13th.

Cheers!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

EEEEK!  It's a special FRIDAY THE 13th posting!!!!!  Most of these purchases are older. I've really curtailed my spending out of necessity. I do have posts ready to go through March though... so hopefully that will hold me over post-wise on here until I can get some bills paid off.

ARI, I finally got around to watching "NIGHT CREATURES" (aka "CAPTAIN CLEGG"). You were right. It was okay--not great. For some reason it reminded me of a Disney movie (minus the minimal violence and the power nipples in the slip). Ha!

And, one last thing before we get to the posters, a while back I got a poster for a movie called TERROR IN THE JUNGLE. There was only a short clip of the flick available on Youtube at the time, but someone has been wonderful enough to post it in its entirety. Do NOT watch the whole thing. The best part is the first 27 minutes. It is so over-the-top wonderfully bad. You will LOVE it (maybe). The very beginning is painfully awful to watch---but once they get to the airport, the entire flight, and up until the annoying kid is all alone is priceless trash! It's better than all of the AIRPORT movies combined in less than 30 minutes!  Check it out or don't: 

And now, since you were unlucky enough to stumble in here.... here are the posters. Yikes!!

SHAUN OF THE DEAD:

I know. I know. Everyone has had one of these for years. Everyone but ME, that is. Yahoo! I got mine FINALLY!

BLACK SHEEP (British Quad):

Although I bought the DVD as soon as I first heard of this flick...I was disappointed. A British horror comedy about a killer sheep...sounded fun, but...something didn't work for me. Ewe get what you pay for, i guess. (Ba-a-a-a-d joke.) Anyway, came across the quad and thought it was kind of fun...and it was cheap.

NAKED EXORCISM (aka THE POSSESSOR, CRIES AND WHISPERS, THE RETURN OF THE EXORCIST) (British quad):

Hot diggity! I love my EXORCIST rip-offs. This one is especially dumb and cheap--but I dig it. I first saw it on VHS as THE POSSESSOR eons ago and have been trying to track down paper on it ever since. I'd settle for a video poster if I had to. Luckily I scored this British quad under its UK title NAKED EXORCISM. Yes, i know. No one else is excited but me. That's fine.

THE STEPFATHER:

Normally I would have passed on this...but it was inexpensive. The STEPFATHER films were okay...but tended to be all the same. But the first one was a decent little thriller and did inspire two sequels, a remake and some knock-offs. It also more or less put Terry O'Quinn on the map.

HOUSE OF THE CRAZIES:

I think I have one of these---or do I? Just to be sure, here is (another) copy. Cool poster.

EMPIRE OF THE ANTS (British Quad):

I know most people don't bother with Bert I. Gordon's 70's opuses FOOD OF THE GODS and EMPIRE OF THE ANTS. They're guilty pleasures of mine. I proudly have one sheets for both. This British quad for ANTS is really nicely done...and completely different than the US version. And what an interesting cast---JOAN COLLINS, Pamela Susan Shoop (death by theraputic jacuzzi in "Halloween 2"), Robert Pine (the boss guy on "CHiPs"), John David Carson and Robert Lansing. And GIANT ANTS!!! Ha!

DEMONS:

Dario Argento produced, Lamberto Bava directed...this was a hit horror film I was lucky enough to see in the theater (which was weird as it takes place in a theater). Great horror flick that inspired at least one true sequel and several rip-offs/imitators. I already had one---this was an upgrade.

EMBODIMENT OF EVIL (Brazilian):

Oooo...The final film in the Coffin Joe trilogy. Ze do Caixao ("Coffin Joe"), the character, appeared in many low-budget Brazilian movies made by actor/writer/director Jose Mojica Marins. The first Coffin Joe flick was AT MIDNIGHT I'LL TAKE YOUR SOUL (1963). It was followed by THIS NIGHT I'LL POSSESS YOUR CORPSE (1967). The story line finally concluded in 2008 with this film, EMBODIMENT OF EVIL (which utilized a young look-a-like actor in the younger Coffin Joe flashbacks). I have the 2nd and now 3rd poster in the trilogy (as well as other Coffin Joe posters), now I just need to track down the first one.

THE BLOODY EXORCISM OF COFFIN JOE (Brazilian):

The EMBODIMENT OF EVIL poster above was a bonus find from the same dealer who had this poster. Yowza! THE BLOODY EXORCISM OF COFFIN JOE (US title---it was clearly called EXORCISMO NEGRA or BLACK EXORCISM in Brazil) dates back to 1974 and is one of the few Coffin Joe posters left I really, really wanted. There was another of those coveted titles (INFERNO CARNAL aka HELLISH FLESH) someone had for sale. I was watching it, stupidly waiting until I could afford it. It was re-listed a time or two and then...someone ELSE snagged it. ARGH! So when this one popped up, i just bit the bullet and charged it. But yippy yippy yeah! This film, clearly inspired by the success of THE EXORCIST and released approximately 1 year later (December 1974) is not your typical possession film. In many ways it is a precursor to Wes Craven's NEW NIGHTMARE in that Jose Mojica Marins plays himself and states on a talk show that Coffin Joe is not real, that he just plays the part in movies. He then sets off to write a movie about exorcism at remote house...and strange things start to happen. Not the best COFFIN JOE movie (the trilogy mentioned above is your best bet to sample Coffin Joe), but I'm glad to have the poster. FINALLY!

WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS:

Ooooo oooo oooo!  This is my prize this posting. (The 1974 Coffin Joe was a very close 2nd...) I have wanted this poster for decades. It has grown out of my financial grasp in the last 10 years or so---always tauntingly just out of my reach. There was one on emovie not too long ago and I fought hard to get it---but the price just went where I dared not go. So...I lost it. Then I came across this one, much cheaper and SOLD!!!!!!!  Zowie! It's cool enough that a movie called WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS actually exists, but the poster --with a motorcycle-riding werewolf, clutching an upside down chick (who is herself holding a snake) while running over some guy--is totally awesome! How can you NOT dig this piece of exploitation sleaze-genius!? LOVE IT!!!!

That is it for this time. If we both survive this unluckiest of days (EEEK!), I'll see you on the 15th for my regular post.

Now, like the gif says...

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:42:07 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Nice posters, Shawn!
Especially like Exorcismo Negro.
Finally watched the Friday the 13th remake last night.
Sorry I did.
 cheers

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Hi TED. Congratulations on surviving FRIDAY THE 13TH (the day and the remake). I am glad you like the EXERCISMO NEGRO poster. I am super jazzed about it. About the F13 remake. I hear ya... LAME! It could have been just another run of the mill sequel.  There was nothing really fresh or new about it.  Oh well.  I appreciate your stopping by.  Cheers pal.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder

Hi there. I'm B-A-C-K with my typical middle-of-the-month update. This is a somewhat "special" update. No, it's NOT a salute to the movie "CARRIE". Instead it is a remembrance, if you will, to an acquaintance of mine named Scott. I had met him through eBay about 10 years or so ago. He had sent me a note asking if he could buy a particular poster I had just purchased (back in the day when you could still see who the winning bidder was and contact them---before eBay changed it's privacy policy and did away with that). I did not sell him the poster...but we struck up a friendship of sorts. He was the first person i actually "knew" who also collected movie posters. Scott lived on the East Coast and was a few years older than me. We never met in person, but we talked on the phone, emailed, texted and occasionally sent real mail to each other.

Scott was kind of an odd bird, someone I probably would not have been friends with in "real life"--but he was a good long-distance poster friend. He was constantly stuck in the past or wondering why certain things didn't happen for him that happened for other people. He always felt like life had slighted him. He was obsessed with the movie "CARRIE", and I think he identified much too closely with the main character, always unliked, picked on, bullied, etc. A lot of times I thought Scott read far too much into things going on in his life or, in some instances, brought them on himself. But he really loved the movie so much that at some point last year he had his name legally changed to CARY.

Not long back I stumbled on an auction for a bunch of stuff I thought Scott/Cary would love. I had sent him photos and links to the auctions...but never heard back. For some reason, i thought he was mad at me. He had not texted/emailed me in some time and when i tried to call him, his phone said it was not taking incoming calls. Weird.

I bought several things from that auction. When i opened the box, inside were used tubes and envelopes containing the posters...all of them addressed to Scott. Super WEIRD! I tried to contact him about that--not a peep. I was thinking he had to sell stuff to make some money, figuring he'd been fired from his job at a library or something. Scott always wished it were the late 60s/early 70s. He loved the hippy look. The last photo of him I saw showed him with long hair that went beyond his hips. He looked like Cousin Itt from THE ADDAMS FAMILY. How would that fly at the library? Not very well, I guessed. So i was worried he may have been fired.

The same auction house I bought Scott's stuff from also has an eBay presence as I discovered when I stumbled on more of Scott's stuff for auction--including lots of CARRIE stuff and an autographed photo I had sent him as a gift once, signed "To Scott. I can see your dirty pillows. Piper Laurie.". Huh? How or why would he ever part with that CARRIE stuff? The blurb about the seller said he specialized in estate liquidations and that's when i had a sinking feeling... I sent a note to the auctioneer asking about Scott...and then Googled him. He was dead. The auctioneer told me later it had been suicide at age 53. Man! That and all of the surprise celebrity deaths towards the end of 2016 was a REAL wake up call that my own mortality could kick in at any moment. Geez!

I've been taking it easy on buying lately---but I had to bid on a lot of Scott's stuff. It just felt right that i should buy what i could, that he would have wanted me to.  Some of the things I already shared in past posts, like that SCREAM quad with the actors in the letters, for instance, were his (but I did not realize this yet when I bought them). We had talked about those and a few others he had---and he wanted me to get copies too.  I don't know... I suppose I should feel like a scavenger, picking up bits and pieces of his collection now that he is dead...but i don't feel that way at all. I think he would have wanted me to have these things. It kind of keeps him "alive".

Anyway, everything in this post was part of Scott's estate. Enjoy or don't.

CARRIE (aka CARRIE KILLER GIRL !?):

What the...!? Weird foreign (from where?) CARRIE poster with a strange subtitle and some sexy brunette is stockings and a black bra to entice the moviegoer...and she is NOT even in the movie! Ha! Uber cool in a funny way.

GAY LIBERATION:

Yes, Scott was gay. He mentioned this poster once but didn't really say anything else about it. I was going to let it go, but it just looked so rare. i've never seen it before (nor can i find a reference for it on IMDB...and yet it is clearly rated R. Is it a documentary? I have no clue.). I paid more than I wanted to for it, but feel reasonably sure I could make the money back--and MORE if I sent this to the right auction house. And, did I mention it is in "Gigantic Screenovision"? Zowie! The 4th Dimension!? Hmm...

ANDY WARHOL'S HEAT (review style):

I've been on a hunt for Warhol movie posters for a while. This review style is unique. I've never seen another...although I am sure it's not as sought after as the regular one sheets.

CARRIE (Argentinian):

What can I say? Scott, er...Cary was obsessed with CARRIE.

A BIGGER SPLASH:

Another gay title, i think. I'm not sure...but I know I have seen this poster at auction before and it has gotten some big bucks...so this may be headed for a resale soon. Sorry Scott. This poster is not working for me. Hmm. Maybe I am a scavenger after all?

CARRIE (French):

I'm guessing this is a re-release? Still a cool image.

ANDY WARHOL'S LONESOME COWBOY (German):

Another Warhol. How exciting. Wish it was a US poster though...

CARRIE (Spanish):

Bizarre but nice design. I think I've seen it used on a paperback book before.

CARRIE (Lobby card set):

As you know, I am NOT a lobby card person. I have a few---but generally stay away. But this set called out to me.

CARRIE (British Double Crown set?):

I'm not really sure what these are---but the two photos (from separate auctions) clearly belong together. It's my guess they are the British Double Crown set (or part of the set)? Would that be correct? I've never dealt with British Double Crowns before, so i'm just guessing. NOT in the best shape---some tears and missing paper, but unusual and I'm guessing fairly rare (?). Anyone know anything about these?

I bought other stuff of Scott's as well. Some listed before this post as I said...other stuff will come after. Thanks for indulging me in this odd tribute-like post to someone who was never even a member (and i DID TRY to get him to join several times... I do think he lurked around a bit).

Now go out and have a great finish to your January!

CHEERS!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:08:04 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
I just re-watched Carrie for the first time in years.
Holds up better than most.
Nice that you could salvage some of your buddy's paper.
I think he would've been happy.
 cheers