Author Topic: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)  (Read 350710 times)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1025 on: November 15, 2016, 01:45:31 AM »

I like Body Candy (though the hand on the candy looks a bit dodgy) thumbsup.gif

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:47:32 AM by 50s »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Monster A Go-Go's Shock-A-Rama Poster Show (in Blood-Curdling Freak-O-Vision!)
« Reply #1026 on: November 15, 2016, 03:49:23 AM »
LOVE NEST:

Not in the best condition, but...this is my very first Marilyn Monroe one sheet (NOT counting re-releases and foreign re-releases for things like SOME LIKE IT HOT or ALL ABOUT EVE). Also bought during the same auction where I had to use my phone...although there are issues with it, I am thrilled to have it.

Love me some retro.
Nice posters as always, Shawn!
 cheers

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1027 on: November 15, 2016, 06:41:05 PM »
STEVE: I am glad you like the poster. I hear though that BODY CANDY leaves you with sticky fingers. Just an FYI.

TED:  Glad you like the Marilyn one. It's not in too shabby of shape at all. I'm thrilled to have it. Thanks for visiting the thread.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1028 on: November 24, 2016, 12:00:39 AM »

Gobble! Gobble! Gobble! Happy Thanksgiving! (Well, it is in the USA today.) I thought I'd have post a BONUS post to share my bounty of posters and wish you all the best of Thanksgivings. I am WORKING all day (7 am to 730 pm), but that is okay as I have NO family in town any more to celebrate with. So, I'll celebrate with all of you, my poster family, in our own unique way. My offerings this time are, for the most part, pretty tepid...but there are some savory tidbits I'm sure you'll enjoy as you go down...and remember, dig in. There are NO CALORIES in this poster feast.

Forget the turkey or the pumpkin pie, pass the posters.

Okay...here you go:

NIGHT OF THE GRIZZLY:

No idea why i bothered with this. It was there...it was cheap. I've been bummed because I'm broke and just picking up inexpensive things here and there...  Oh well.

THAR SHE BLOWS:

No, this is not an accidental repeat of something I posted earlier this month. It's actually a second copy I got in late September. Ooops!  Stupid me. But it may be nicer than the other one. We'll see.

FEMALE TROUBLE(French):

Yowza! I am beyond thrilled to have this. John Waters is one of my favorite directors (well, his earlier stuff). FEMALE TROUBLE is a classic. I'll never be able to get the (ultra rare) US release one sheet...but I've seen this French poster and it looks sooo cool. But they usually go for big dollars. There was one on emovie in September that went for $140. This is NOT that one. I scored this one for less than $40 just days earlier. SOLD!!!!  Yahoo!

FATHOM:

Zowie. I may never be able to get my hands on a ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. poster with a fur bikini-clad Raquel Welch...but I was surprised to get this bikini/parachute-clad Raquel (the studio obviously trying to recall the earlier poster art to lure in movie goers) for only the opening bid price of $14.99. I saw this flick years ago...it seemed like it wanted to be a female James Bond type of movie....but remember it was a mess and a missed opportunity. Oh well....

FLOOD:

Oh my stars! i am soooooo excited to get this poster. Yes, FLOOD is that crappy TV disaster movie made by Irwin Allen in the late 70s. So why am I excited? Because---I love my vintage disaster flicks. I had found a copy of the FIRE poster (the companion TV disaster flick made by Allen around the same time), but was always looking for a FLOOD poster. Did one exist in English? I knew both films had been released theatrically overseas (hence the posters). I had seen one for FIRE early on (and eventually got one a few years back)--but FLOOD? Hmm. For years, the closest I came was this French poster. I was happy-ish with it, but longed for a one sheet. A one sheet sized poster showed up from Lebannon...and I got it...but the title was so unusually small...and it didn't really seem like a US one sheet. Then I spotted THIS one. Finally. From Switzerland of all places. It's a US printed one sheet for international distribution. Whoo hoo. I still think it's funny/sad that we got to see this crap for free on TV...and others had to pay to be disappointed in Europe.

SAVAGE SISTERS:

Just a little B-movie grindhouse fun.

WOMEN IN CELL BLOCK 7:

Ditto above.

MAN FROM DEEP RIVER (German):

This poster for the German release of MAN FROM DEEP RIVER (aka SACRIFICE) has me wondering if Steve used to work for the German film board in some way. I can see his keen sense of design in the use of this scene to convey the film as a whole. NOT. This is the first of what would become the Italian cannibal sub-genre. Interesting choice of ad material for the poster though. Really? Breast meat anyone? Gobble! Gobble!

PSYCHO (linen):

HOLD the phones...Holy crap-a-rama. What the hell was I thinking? I was purposely NOT going to watch the Heritage Auctions last weekend when Jeff posted about the Italian CASABLANCA going for $170,000. That made me curious and I tuned in. I had placed a few bids that are sure to be outbid. I was watching this one, but had NOT bid on it. Are you crazy? I got a re-release poster earlier this year and this was nearly $1000. PASS!  But then they announced that there was a change in the description, that yes it was on linen (crap---this is now my 4th linen poster. Grr. HATE linen), but that --unlike described--it had NEVER been folded. Something in my (little) brain clicked and I BID! It was $1200. EEEK!  Hopefully someone else would outbid me? No one did. Holy F&%#! $1,434 with buyer's premium. This is now the most expensive poster I ever purchased. CRAP-A-RAMA DING DONG!  I can NOT afford this. But....ooooo. PSYCHO! WOW!

NOT OF THIS EARTH (linen):

STOP the car...and HOLD the presses! Holy SH*T! What the %$#@ happened? How did I end up with THIS? It was NOT even on my watch list and suddenly I find myself bidding on it. EEEK! Now my fifth poster on linen (which I had NO IDEA about when I bid...)...and really, I didn't really want this.  (It's a great poster, don't get me wrong...I just was NOT even watching this)  GRR. i knew I should have stayed away. $600 (or $717 with fees) for this. UGH!  There goes my debt again. GEEZ. i'm so stupid.

SCREAMING SKULL:

NOOOOOOOO!  No! No! No! NOOO! I'm writing this entry after work Sunday night (11/20). I came home and discovered that a bid I had placed days ago (one of several) that I was sure would be outbid (as the others were) was NOT...and I am the proud owner of this SCREAMING SKULL poster. Oh my. While it is stunning and features a marvelous gimmick (free burial if you die of fright while watching), how the hell am I going to afford this additional $380 ($454 with fees). Oh GOD! I'm doomed... But what a snazzy poster! Oooo.  Shazbot!  And...WHAT THE HECK!?! Heritage is only accepting e-checks or regular checks this auction. Huh? I've always paid with Paypal before. Hmm... Time to get creative with my finances so I can cough up almost $3,000 ( $2,858.44 ) pronto. Ugh--what a nightmare (albeit with pretty posters in it).

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Glad I'll be working 12 hours and making holiday pay today...I NEED it! Ha!)

Now let the feasting begin...

Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1029 on: November 24, 2016, 01:09:43 AM »
Wow, the last three, congratulations. Each of those I'd love in my collection. thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1030 on: November 24, 2016, 02:01:13 AM »
Im with Steve.. especially on the last 3. Congrats on the pickups, Shawn. The Female Trouble is also tres cool! What size is that poster?

I will be curious when you receive it to check, but in looking at your Psycho poster, I can see 3 horizontal folds (but no vertical fold), so I would guess this was a tri-fold poster? I see the horizontal folds (going from top to bottom and most easy to see in the blue area on the right side of the poster), going thru the name Miles, then just above the last name McIntire, and then last in the narrow white bar below the name CRANE. It continues thru the orange tinted elbows of John Gavin and continues left, into the black area.

I happened to be sitting at an angle from my monitor, and all 3 fold lines kinda jumped out at me. Does anyone else see these, too? I wonder why HA would call this an unfolded (rolled) poster (or would have revised the description).  dontknow.gif

Regardless, congrats on snagging a OS for an iconic flicker. clap clap

And that Screaming Skull rocks. I've eyed that poster for a very long time. Jealous to the max.

-Jeff

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1031 on: November 24, 2016, 03:10:25 AM »
Shawn WOW big spender mate - here i was tuning in to see your little gems then BANG out with the Big purchases - love the Psycho  - its on my list but with the price it will stay on there for a while haha. Hope you enjoy it - one for a good quality frame and constant enjoyment or reminder of how much it cost.  ;) Look forward to the next update as always
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1032 on: November 24, 2016, 03:11:56 AM »
Holy crap have to post twice - wow weeeeee Psycho just wow - enjoy

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1033 on: November 24, 2016, 08:34:50 AM »
Good morning all. Happy Thanksgiving.

STEVE, JEFF, and DAMO, glad you like the HA posters. I like them too...it's just the killer price that I am still in shock with. OH MY STARS! I can't afford this... I NEED to step away from posters for a while...but i know that will not happen. Oh man...  But thanks for the kind word about the posters. You can see now why i just about soiled myself during and just after the auction. EEEK!

STEVE: Thanks also for the post on the New Acqs page. i knew you'd like those three exploitation posters...so, to separate them from the HA.com load, I posted them there for your enjoyment (and less distraction. Ha!).

JEFF: As I said in my little blurb about PSYCHO, the auctioneer (the female one) said there was a change in the printed description, that the poster had never been folded. At least, that is what I heard. She may have said it hadn't been folded vertically (or maybe she MEANT that and it came out "never folded"?). I don't know, but that is when my brain misfired and I somehow pushed the bid button. ARGH!

Also Jeff, the FEMALE TROUBLE poster is a smaller French, 22x16 according to the description.

And SCREAMING SKULL had long been on my wish list as well.

DAMO...a DOUBLE post. Wow! Ha!  Thank you and its small steps at first---but you've been going like gangbusters already. You'll "get there' eventually and score your own PSYCHO or whatever it is you truly, truly want/need. (But then you'll be looking for something else afterwards. It NEVER ends.)

Thanks all for visiting. Have a groovy day and happy Thanksgiving.

Now to hit the showers and get to work... (Sigh.)

CHEERS!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1034 on: November 24, 2016, 08:57:53 AM »
Great posters (and hilarious gifs), Go-Go!
Years ago, I sold off a PSYCHO RR poster with the intent of later replacing it with an original release.
Bad mistake, what with the prices where they stand, but you got a good deal -- an iconic Hitchcock poster.
I remember the buzz in school the day after it made its television premiere.
Everyone was talking about it all over again.
Few films have the staying power of PSYCHO -- still chilling to this day and one of the greatest endings in cinema history.

While you are busy working today on this national holiday, take comfort in the fact that while you are not gorging on turkey with family all around, your patients are giving thanks that you are there for them. God bless you, sir!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1035 on: November 24, 2016, 12:19:39 PM »
Alll your latest stash look to be in wunderbahr shape, Shawn. You scored big time. And just in time to gobble awqy, even with you having to be at work. Congrats again!!  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1036 on: November 25, 2016, 12:13:54 AM »
TED: Glad you like the PSYCHO one sheet. I'm thrilled about it as well...but the price haunts me. I'll get over it in time, right? UGH!  Thanks for stopping bye and saying 'hello'.

JEFF: Zowie---back with more kind words...about all of the posters in the post. Golly, thank you. I am thankful for my posters and especially for APF. I hope your and everyone else's Thanksgiving was swell.

CHEERS!

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1037 on: November 25, 2016, 01:48:07 AM »
It seems that way e very time i find one i really want another three are added to the wanted list - a never ending loop

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1038 on: November 26, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »
It seems that way e very time i find one i really want another three are added to the wanted list - a never ending loop

Welcome to the world of poster collecting. That sounds just like everyone else on here. :-)  CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1039 on: December 01, 2016, 12:55:44 AM »

Oh my stars!  How did it get to be December already? Another year is coming to a close... Man! That went by soooo fast.

As we gear up for the holidays (eeek! I have NOT even started THINKING about them yet...), here is a look at 10 recent acquisitions. Yes, they are less than stellar. Hello? If you saw my last post, you'll know how much $$ I spent recently...and how much I can NOT afford right now. OUCH! Anyway, here are this posting's mediocre posters.

HAIRSPRAY (French small affiche):

Different style of the John Waters hit movie's poster. And cheap... (which is a key factor right now).

DEATH DRIVER:

Here's yet another poster I should have passed up. DEATH DRIVER? Who ever heard of that? I hadn't...but this was a movie by Earl Owensby. I have been collecting Owensby's string of low-budget, regional 3D titles from the 80's. This is NOT one...but it was only $4 or $5. Eh.

GIDGET GOES TO ROME:

Being a fan of the Frankie & Annette Beach Party movies, getting a GIDGET poster was inevitable. No, they are not the same series, but they sort of have the same spirit---especially the first GIDGET movie (the success of which may have inspired the BEACH PARTY series). This is my first GIDGET poster. I know--snore. But I dig it. And so does Moondoggy.

HELLRAISER: DEADER:

I could swear I just got one of these not too long back---but i do not see any record of it. No big deal. YES, this IS a video poster--not a one sheet. There was no one sheet for this as it never got a theatrical release. This is a case of if you want a poster you'll have to settle for a video release poster. It's your only option. This is one of the dreadful direct-to-video sequels, but I figured that I already have the posters for the first four films, I might as collect the rest of them. Whatever... (It was only $4).

HERCULES:

I already have the poster for this 80s HERCULES remake starring Lou Ferrigno. It was part of a lot with another poster i wanted.

STARCRASH:

This wacky STAR WARS-inspired space epic is sooooo cheesy. Ha! I already have a copy (or two or three) of this poster. Like the HERCULES poster above, it was part of a lot with another poster I wanted.

ALIEN CONTAMINATION:

This ALIEN rip-off is hard to find. I had been looking for one forever. I found this one and was the ONLY bidder, so i got it cheap (along with the other two posters --HERCULES and STARCRASH--above). Only $14.99. Yahoo. Have I even seen this movie? Zowie! I don't even know...

SNAKE BUSTERS:

Where you gonna crawl? Snake Busters...uh huh. I get it. The obvious "Ghostbusters" riff. Hmm. The 80s release appears to be of a 70s Asian flick involving snakes. Also knows as SNAKE QUEEN, it was just different/silly enough to snag. Never seen one before. Sssssss...

KILLER SNAKES:

Speaking of snakes, based on the credits (and not the poster art), this looks like another Asian import...but it's rather curious. A killer snake movie that is X rated?! Zowie!  There must be more than one kind of "snake in the grass" in this one! Ha!  And of course I love the blurb in the warning box: "WARNING: Extreme fear of snakes (ophidiophia) can cause severe shock! IF YOU FEAR SNAKES: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SEE THIS MOVIE. We CANNOT be responsible for what might happen."

AWAKENING OF THE BEAST (Brazilian):

Oh my stars! Another thing I could not afford, but was not about to let slip through my fingers... This is another of the early COFFIN JOE movies from Brazil circa the early 70s. The Coffin Joe character is featured on the left, in the top hat, clutching the girl. This means NOTHING to any of you---but I am a fan and I am beyond excited! While not as iconic as the original Coffin Joe flicks (AT MIDNIGHT I'LL TAKE YOUR SOUL and THIS NIGHT I'LL POSSESS YOUR CORPSE), but still a Coffin Joe flick. Yowza! I was the ONLY bidder. Yahoo!

Okay...Black Friday has come and gone...and so has Cyber Monday. There are only 24 more shopping days until Christmas. OMG!  Get busy!

CHEERS!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1040 on: December 01, 2016, 02:49:13 AM »
Killer Snakes is a terrific SHAW BROS film, all their films are good but this is great!
Poster art has little (nothing) to do with the film really, haha. GREAT! (thats exploitation)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1041 on: December 01, 2016, 12:22:23 PM »
Nice Ze do Caixao. I am trying not to expand to Brasilian Horror, but some of Coffin's posters are hard to resist.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #1042 on: December 01, 2016, 06:15:05 PM »
Great pick up on the Psycho one sheet Shawn. I still haven't got me a Hitchcock one sheet  :o

Congrats  thumbsup.gif

Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1043 on: December 01, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »
Hi all. Thanks for stopping by.

ARI:  You convinced me about KILLER SNAKES. I went ahead and ordered a USED copy from Amazon. Thank for the heads up. ;)

MATIAS: I have one more vintage Ze do Caixao / Coffin Joe poster I'll be posting soon-ish. I'm so thrilled they've recently started to pop up. Thanks for recognizing how special the poster is.

MARC: Finish your Gene Tierny collection first...and then expand your horizons. Ha!

CHEERS!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1044 on: December 01, 2016, 07:58:37 PM »
ah great, once you see a few Shaw Bros, be warned THEY ARE ADDICTIVE.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #1045 on: December 04, 2016, 08:38:43 AM »

Holy schmokes... I need to pop in here more often....

Congrats on all of your stellar schlock that we're all use to and love, but an OG Psycho, Screaming Skull, and Not of this Earth!?!  notworthy.gif

Did you sell a kidney? I need to seriously step up my game.

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1046 on: December 06, 2016, 03:26:25 AM »
ARI:  i'll let you know what i think when the movie gets here (and I get around to watching it...).

CHRIS:  No, I didn't sell a kidney...but that's a GREAT idea to finance future poster buys! Glad you like some of my new stuff. THANKS for popping in.'

Always a pleasure to see both of you here.

CHEERS!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #1047 on: December 12, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »
Hi there. Happy holidays. It's time for a mini-bonus. From now until the 23rd, I'll be having a special 12 Days of Christmas advent calendar, with a new purchase shown every day until we get to Christmas Eve Eve (or whatever you'd call the 23rd). I'll have a special bonus post on Christmas Eve...and one on Christmas Day as well. I'll also have my usual post on the 15th in addition to one of these mini-bonus posts. These mini-posts are nothing special...but I just wanted to do something for the holidays.

Here is Day 1's post:

MORTUARY:

Another flick I have surprisingly NOT seen. I remember when this came out. I intended to see it. It's never happened. (Yet.) There were several similarly titled films at the same time...In addition to this, there was FUNERAL HOME, MAUSOLEUM, and THE HEARSE (which was the only one I have seen). This one stars one of "The Waltons" girls...I think the character's name was Erin? The middle girl...if you even know the show. Simple but effective artwork.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1048 on: December 12, 2016, 06:12:44 PM »
Liking that Mortuary, Go-Go.
Well done.
 cheers

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #1049 on: December 12, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »

Stoked for your lead-in to Christmas... excited to see what's in store.

That Mortuary hand looks suspiciously similar to the Evil Dead 'hand' OS.