Author Topic: Black Swan from Tloce - what do we think?  (Read 6632 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Black Swan from Tloce - what do we think?
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:25:33 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370496352742&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

There are three and it's probably a reprint anyway so I don't mind posting the link. Tloce is rather infamous and I've had poor experiences with him already selling me lousy reprints. I've never seen this poster printed as a one-sheet, it is also single-sided, so everything is telling me that it's probably fake. Does anybody have any other feelings one way or another?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Black Swan from Tloce - what do we think?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »
It was printed as an INTL 1 sheet. As were the other two in the set (I believe there were three diff designs).
I don't know if the exact dimensions were 27x40, but someone here owns them and will certainly chime in.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »
I'm not up on the poster but I do know the Tloce has been known to sell reprints.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 12:38:16 PM »
It was printed as an INTL 1 sheet. As were the other two in the set (I believe there were three diff designs).
I don't know if the exact dimensions were 27x40, but someone here owns them and will certainly chime in.

I have a set but they are currently buried underneath about 30 other poster that are being flattened at the moment. Posters that have been rolled for about 6 months or more so it may take another week before I can access them without damaging my other posters.

If no one else chimes in before then with the measurements, I will access mine and measure them for you in the event you find them being offered by another seller. As you already know, stay away from that clown.

Cj

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 12:41:38 PM »
I have a set but they are currently buried underneath about 30 other poster that are being flattened at the moment. Posters that have been rolled for about 6 months or more so it may take another week before I can access them without damaging my other posters.

If no one else chimes in before then with the measurements, I will access mine and measure them for you in the event you find them being offered by another seller. As you already know, stay away from that clown.

Cj

Thanks a lot CJ. On a related note, how do you flatten your posters?

I've had some of mine beneath a big piece of cardboard which has a large mirror on top of that. I don't have a flat file or anything so they're currently occupying an old kitchen table with a table cloth in my basement.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:33 PM »
I flatten mine ghetto style. I lay them on a fold out table that I use just for this purpose, unroll the posters, place two sheets of 3/4 MDF boards on top and add weights on top of that. Prior to laying the MDF boards over top, I have a b ed sheet (yes, a b ed sheet) that I fold up and lay between the posters and the MDF boards.

Cj

Edit--HAd to put a space in between B and the E of bed to avoid that damn smiley laying in the bed with a poster woody.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:05 PM »
I flatten mine ghetto style. I lay them on a fold out table that I use just for this purpose, unroll the posters, place two sheets of 3/4 MDF boards on top and add weights on top of that. Prior to laying the MDF boards over top, I have a bed sheet (yes, a bed sheet) that I fold up and lay between the posters and the MDF boards.

Cj

I see. So you flattened your posters by laying them on their backs. How tantalizing. bed

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
frick.... it did it again in my explanation of B-ed bed..i give up

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »
frick.... it did it again in my explanation of B-ed bed..i give up

Hahaha, I think it's pretty funny. Don't worry, I understood. I'm glad other people do it essentially the same way I do, I was feeling pretty amateurish.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
I changed the name of this  bed1 emoticon from bed to bed(1). That will fix it. :)

Cj

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
I'm not up on the poster but I do know the Tloce has been known to sell reprints.

Understatement of the year. 

Even if I see something I like on Loce's Ebay, and I know it's real, I won't buy.  If you love this hobby, as I assume you do, you should do the same.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »
Understatement of the year. 

Even if I see something I like on Loce's Ebay, and I know it's real, I won't buy.  If you love this hobby, as I assume you do, you should do the same.

T

To be honest, I was considering buying it and then starting this thread. That way when it turned out to be fake and he gave me my money back I could leave him negative feedback. He has 99% positive feedback right now. I think we should all buy posters from him and leave him 0 stars.

It would be like a mob hit.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 11:54:04 AM »
I bought a set of the international double-sided OS 27x40s for Black Swan from a movie theater employee in Ireland.

I agree with Archie that single-sided posters are pretty rare nowadays, so these are probably fakes.

These would be pretty easy to fake since they don't have much small text.

The small (c) symbol on mine is sharp.  The text on Loce's fake Inception poster was obviously fuzzy, so I bet the text on these are fuzzy too.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »
This discussion should have ended at 'Tloce'.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »
Well put.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 05:53:31 PM »
And for someone who calls himself The King of Posters.. he sure has lousy, poorly photographed images on his listings. Things laid out on that brown carpet, shot at an angle and lit with what seems like one, poor light source....    puke2

-Jeff

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
I echo everyone else's sentiment. Once you are labeled as deceptive in this hobby you are done for as a seller.  I would not buy from him ever.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 08:28:09 PM »
And for someone who calls himself The King of Posters.. he sure has lousy, poorly photographed images on his listings. Things laid out on that brown carpet, shot at an angle and lit with what seems like one, poor light source....    puke2

Don't forget the dumbbell weights he uses to hold 'em down.
While on this subject, is Tloce and Bradburied one and the same?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »
no, but they are friends
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 10:09:09 PM »
The pics for their posters look almost identical.
So, this would be another dealer to shy away from?
Has anyone had bad dealings with Bradburied?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »
Has anyone had bad dealings with Bradburied?

Luckily I havent but I have a fellow newbie friend who I am 95-99% sure bought a fake DSided 09' Star Trek from him before I had a chance to warn.
When he told me who he bought it from, I had him measure the poster and it came up short. So naturally with the guys rep we began to fear a fake.

He then bought a second poster from a different source that measured the full 40", had a lighter shade on the reverse side and had crisper text. Oh yeah and some of the text was a different color also.

I was thinking about an authentication but 1) the pics came out crappy and 2)its an 09 Star Trek.  8)

A fake double sided 09' Star Trek ? Really? Yes really. Well probably. >:(

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 12:23:54 AM »
He is part of the same "gang" with Loce and Ritcher.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:21 AM »
He is part of the same "gang" with Loce and Ritcher.

Uh-oh...who's Ritcher? That's a new-to-me, Ari...  mesmrized
What's the dope on him/her/it?

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 01:29:32 AM »
(sorry it should be Richter)

well for starts, a real triple cross referenced link

http://stylec.yuku.com/reply/102848/Re-Stories-about-CARSON-BEING-A-THIEF-on-APF

Tom, Ed and Bradburied, are part of what used to be known as the famous four, who regularly sold/sell the same titles of minty whites, forget who the other guy was at this moment, but it will come to me.

heres some from MPF, just so Im not being forumist

http://www.movieposterforum.com/index.php?/topic/3614-bradburiedfake-originalsbuyers-beware/

Bradburied is Randall Poling BTW.

An Error Has Occurred!

longdog

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:25 AM »
And of course let us not forget 'Professor Powers' (PHD no less).