Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2222693 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #6725 on: May 22, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »
Yes, I have just send email to Matt, who is in charge for this kind of stuff.

Edit Edit: Matt just reply: "This is actually the 1947 first release poster but someone added a United Artist snipe over the Constantin logo".

And Matt at emovie has and is always so appreciative, too, of any updates or things incorrectly noted on their site, that have been brought to their attention. He has written me back every single time, saying "thank you."  sm1

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6726 on: May 25, 2015, 11:03:00 PM »
I usually don't advertise the stuff I have listed for sale or consigned, but here's a darn cool Australian one sheet for Player (1971) at eMovie.  It's a lost film about pool, and features Minnesota Fats.  This is the only poster for the film that I've seen, and after doing some research about the movie and everything, it's an extremely rare piece, and in darn good condition.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&auction_uid1=3867497

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6727 on: May 25, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »
I have that poster in the gambling collection of course and it is rather tough to find

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6728 on: May 26, 2015, 12:11:39 AM »
I have that poster in the gambling collection of course and it is rather tough to find

cool1

Mirosae

« Reply #6729 on: May 26, 2015, 05:50:19 AM »
Good luck Brandon. Hope it will do well!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #6730 on: May 26, 2015, 08:47:45 AM »
Finally the previews to the June Major auction over at EMP are up.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6731 on: May 26, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
when Morrie Everett's collection part 1 goes up next month, all other auctions will be forgotten
Dan Strebin was showing loads of great cards that will be in the first sale.. Absolutely mind-blowing material

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Mirosae

« Reply #6732 on: May 26, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »
when Morrie Everett's collection part 1 goes up next month, all other auctions will be forgotten
Dan Strebin was showing loads of great cards that will be in the first sale.. Absolutely mind-blowing material

Oh boy... i am curious to see that one too!!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6733 on: May 27, 2015, 05:19:03 PM »

And the countdown begins....

waiting1

-Jeff

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6734 on: May 28, 2015, 12:47:55 AM »

I just went through every page.....HOLY BALLS X 1 MILLION..... faint2.gif faint2.gif faint2.gif faint2.gif

That is the greatest single auction I have ever seen....I was a little overwhelmed to be honest...Profiles is going richter in the 1st auction.....of course there will be some deals and steals with that much amazing....if someone gave me $150,000 to spend...I wouldn't even make it halfway through the first day....there will be some epic bidding wars....I'm hoping there will be a decent trickle down effect for years to come as people "flip" some of the lots and break up sets etc....kind of sad but inevitable...

...My first reaction was that I felt like tons of the material has never been seen at public auction before...this is truly the rarest and most complete group of one of a kind material ever assembled in my lifetime...and clearly a once in a lifetime opportunity for serious collectors!!
Tait

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
Tait

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6736 on: May 28, 2015, 02:15:53 AM »
words are redundant

-------

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6737 on: May 28, 2015, 02:45:11 AM »
I know...I just couldnt sit awestruck in silence any longer.....Rich...have you ever bid live via Internet at profiles before?..I wonder how it compares to the Heritage live format?...
Tait

Mirosae

« Reply #6738 on: May 28, 2015, 03:23:17 AM »
You might be better off using their phone service. Just to be on the safe side...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #6739 on: May 28, 2015, 07:19:54 AM »
A few years ago, I bid online for a poster at Profiles, and the whole thing ballsed up.  Nothing went through.

I am sure since then things have been improved.  I believe they were just very stringent on which browsers worked and didn't work.  I was on the latest version of IE at the time... so, who knows why that wouldn't have worked...?

Might be worth sticking a few bids on other Profiles auctions before hand, where the final price won't leave you holding the bag.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6740 on: May 28, 2015, 07:43:09 AM »
ooops...forgot the link

https://www.profilesinhistory.com/auctions/morris-everett-jr-the-auction-part-i/

Thanks for posting this link.
It is an absolutely incredible collection.
 faint2.gif

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6742 on: May 28, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »
Awful poster.  I haven't seen the movie, but this is just bad.  All the talk about floating heads, I guess they started very early on.  If it wasn't for the title, I can't imagine this poster selling for a dime.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6743 on: May 28, 2015, 11:08:03 PM »
I know...I just couldnt sit awestruck in silence any longer.....Rich...have you ever bid live via Internet at profiles before?..I wonder how it compares to the Heritage live format?...

yes and it works fine. although like all auctions if you are serious.. be there!

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6744 on: May 29, 2015, 04:43:29 AM »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6745 on: May 29, 2015, 10:01:45 AM »
It's back... with a $10,000.00 price reduction.  8)  Now listed at $29,999.00 / OBO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261906215352?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Even though we both posted about the relisting Jeff (see above) I still doubt it will sway Thierry's sentiments ;)
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6746 on: May 29, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »
Even though we both posted about the relisting Jeff (see above) I still doubt it will sway Thierry's sentiments ;)

A lot of these 30s-40s posters are pure crap, imo.  If it wasn't for age and title, people would not look at them twice.  Just because it is Bella Lugosi, or Frankenstein, or the Werewolf, people are like Ooooh and Aaaaah and spend 1000s of dollars on them.  But the designs are poor, unimaginative and I see a lot of what people hate in modern posters on these so-called beauties.  Granted, it probably comes from the fact that I haven't seen a lot of these movies.  I buy The Apartment even though the poster is crap just because I love the flick.  But I can recognize that the poster is crap.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6747 on: May 29, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
A lot of these 30s-40s posters are pure crap, imo.  If it wasn't for age and title, people would not look at them twice.  Just because it is Bella Lugosi, or Frankenstein, or the Werewolf, people are like Ooooh and Aaaaah and spend 1000s of dollars on them.  But the designs are poor, unimaginative and I see a lot of what people hate in modern posters on these so-called beauties.  Granted, it probably comes from the fact that I haven't seen a lot of these movies.  I buy The Apartment even though the poster is crap just because I love the flick.  But I can recognize that the poster is crap.

T

A lot of the 'Universal Horror Phenomenon' is related purely to nostalgia (and in some cases rarity).  It's certainly not because these posters have the greatest artwork above all other paper...
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6748 on: May 29, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »

I flew past some of the last few entries, here Chris; I had some internet connection issues and was not logged on for chunks of time the last couple of days.

1000 apologies for the double up.  prayer.gif

Doh.gif
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:59:56 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6749 on: May 29, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
yes and it works fine. although like all auctions if you are serious.. be there!

Thanks for that, Rich.

A sense of calm now reigns once again.  ;D

-Jeff