Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203755 times)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #7550 on: October 05, 2016, 08:20:41 AM »
I hate the fact that Emovie destroyed some great looking sets, I'm guessing in an attempt to make more money.  Why would you separate a set like Laura?  That set should stay together.  It's hard enough to put a set together, but you finally do, it's sad to see it go different places, as I'm sure this set and others will.

T

Need to be fair to Bruce.  He clearly has stated that this is the seller's call and he is only the agent.
-Jay-

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #7551 on: October 05, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »
I love that some people may be more shocked by a Male nipple, rather than the fact that the body has a huge grisly cut through it! Made me laugh.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4395637

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7552 on: October 05, 2016, 10:43:56 AM »
I love that some people may be more shocked by a Male nipple, ......

Really, all my beach shots have me covering my nipular area.

Sometimes, I even go to the beach wearing daisies in case anyone else is photographing me.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7553 on: October 05, 2016, 11:55:30 AM »
I love that some people may be more shocked by a Male nipple, rather than the fact that the body has a huge grisly cut through it! Made me laugh.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4395637

There are some that would be offended seeing a bare chested dude on a poster? What is the world coming to?  faint2.gif ;D

I've never noticed if posters that had shirtless guys on them were also "white boxed" over on EMP's auctions. Has this always been the standard, as it is for images of the lovely, nude female form?

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7554 on: October 05, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »
$s and business endeavours aside, and following another thread that I contributed to that looks at lobby sets that are sold split or complete, what are the chances that in this day and age, someone who is looking to collect an entire set of Laura cards, does not already have a few in their possession?

Even if a set were sold complete, and if we agree with the above, all that would happen is that someone would shell out big bucks for the set for the remaining cards he needs, and Then have to sell the rest off.

The result would be the same.

But I agree that the emotion and beauty and allure of an entire set is now lost.

Not necessarily.  I, for instance, only buy full sets, which is why I bought the Laura set in the first place.  It's hard enough to keep track of posters, I don't have time to run after loose lobby cards.  So to me, it's a travesty.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7555 on: October 05, 2016, 12:11:51 PM »
Need to be fair to Bruce.  He clearly has stated that this is the seller's call and he is only the agent.

Where did you read that?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #7556 on: October 05, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
Really, all my beach shots have me covering my nipular area.

Sometimes, I even go to the beach wearing daisies in case anyone else is photographing me.

If a daisy does it you must be either very young or very small. Glad I wasn't drinking when I read your comment though :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:34:16 PM by skyjackers »

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #7557 on: October 05, 2016, 02:13:23 PM »
Where did you read that?

T

Actually here, when Bruce was still participating.  It was part of the bulk lots vs individual items discussion, but I'm not going to go to the trouble of finding it.  Bruce stated that the seller always had the option of selling combined, individually or letting emovieposter decide.
-Jay-

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7558 on: October 05, 2016, 04:06:15 PM »
I've never noticed if posters that had shirtless guys on them were also "white boxed" over on EMP's auctions. Has this always been the standard, as it is for images of the lovely, nude female form?

Not sure but man butt cracks have been censored for years. Pure filth they are

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7559 on: October 05, 2016, 04:24:04 PM »
Not sure but man butt cracks have been censored for years. Pure filth they are

Steve, you crack me up (i know, i know... SOOOO bad & corny but I couldn't resist).   whistle.gif

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7560 on: October 05, 2016, 05:39:10 PM »
As only Todd Feiertag can offer. Ive never seen this double bill US half sheet poster image before. Wow!  faint2.gif

And it will only cost the lucky new owner $15,000.00 (BIN)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOUSE-OF-FRANKENSTEIN-THE-MUMMYS-CURSE-1945-KARLOFF-CHANEY-22x28-COMBO-/381798320373?hash=item58e4f408f5:g:stgAAOSwoi1X8vF3

-Jeff

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7561 on: October 05, 2016, 06:50:41 PM »
Actually here, when Bruce was still participating.  It was part of the bulk lots vs individual items discussion, but I'm not going to go to the trouble of finding it.  Bruce stated that the seller always had the option of selling combined, individually or letting emovieposter decide.

I still participate, on occasion. When I am asked a question, I usually reply. I have not seen an actual question in a long time.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7562 on: October 05, 2016, 06:52:30 PM »
Why did you break the Laura set, BRUCE HERSHENSON?  Is that a question?

T
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:52:48 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7563 on: October 05, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »
Be nice now...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7564 on: October 05, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »
To Bruce, never.

I have to suffer his political rant on FB.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #7565 on: October 05, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
I'm with T all the way on this, I hate to see sets broke up. I'm in the middle of finding odds I've bought along the way, and it's not quite the thing. >:(
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7566 on: October 05, 2016, 07:05:23 PM »
Ok, I am not an FB convert so can't comment on comments, political or otherwise.  (...aN FB convert / a FB convert... you decide)

That said, we are where we are right now and splitting sets up for sale by those who have collected disparate cards to Make their set is quite surely, the norm, in this day and age.

Emotionally, it does rent a hole in the heart.  But, we're all big boys now and we can find a way through.  Right?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:24:43 PM by Simes »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7567 on: October 05, 2016, 07:11:42 PM »
Why did you break the Laura set, BRUCE HERSHENSON?  Is that a question?

T

There are a limited number of "deep pocket" collectors who much prefer complete sets. But auctioning all 8 cards individually does not stop those collectors from going after all of them, it just means they much place 8 bids instead of one. If that is too much trouble for them, I understand.

You might say, "What if I get 7 cards and some nut (or "shill") outbids me on the 8th?" If that happened, in the case of Laura, you surely could find the 8th card elsewhere later.

On the other hand, there are lots of non-deep pocket collectors who would love a single Laura card for their collection, even one of the lesser ones, and this way those guys get a chance to get one of them (and with 8 auctions, they have a really good chance).

But if you only will bid on complete sets, that is fine for you to do. We will have hundreds of complete sets next week, and I hope you look them over carefully!
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7568 on: October 05, 2016, 07:13:31 PM »
To Bruce, never.

T

Doh.gif

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7569 on: October 05, 2016, 07:27:26 PM »
Don't get sucked in fella...

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7570 on: October 05, 2016, 07:30:12 PM »
Don't get sucked in fella...

No worries!

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7571 on: October 05, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »
To Bruce, never.

T

Bruce politically rants?  Huh.  I wouldn't have thought that as he is very diplomatic in these parts.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7572 on: October 05, 2016, 09:27:25 PM »
Bruce politically rants?  Huh.  I wouldn't have thought that as he is very diplomatic in these parts.

I haven't read them. Does Bruce support Trump or Clinton?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7573 on: October 05, 2016, 10:35:40 PM »

I haven't read them. Does Bruce support Trump or Clinton?

Bruce thinks both candidates are far and away the worst two candidates ever to run on a Major party, and that either would be easily beaten by any credible candidate.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7574 on: October 06, 2016, 01:19:19 AM »
Another BIN, so not really a mid-auction item, but this US OS of Hitchcock's The 39 Steps, is really pretty spectacular, on both artistic and historic cinematic levels.

And with a handsome, BIN price tag of $26,250.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381701934640?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-Jeff