Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203722 times)

guest8

Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #4950 on: November 06, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »
Did you consign this to Bruce?

Yup

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4951 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »
Chris

guest8

« Reply #4952 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:33 AM »
Oh I see what you're up to now ;)

Whoo ?? ME!!? :) Im just helping Bruce advertise is all!! :P

You weren't hoping to swoop in on the TDK and get it for a song were you?

guest8

« Reply #4953 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »
Here are some more people should add to their watch list!! Some of these dont even have any bids!!! :o

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4954 on: November 06, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
The chicanery is palpable  :D
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4955 on: November 06, 2013, 01:01:02 PM »
Come on Chris.. dont be beat out..

Get that bid in on the Hackers and Stripper one sheets.  wynk

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4956 on: November 07, 2013, 06:36:30 PM »
I second fallenangel's remarks.  A year ago, both Bruce and Rich hung out here and contributed to the discussion.  Lately both dealers have been having this pointless feud where they keep seeing who can have the more obnoxious banner ad, who can have the last commercial post, and who is giving the best deal.

Give it a rest.  We buy from and we sell to both of you.  I personally don't come here for the current cage match.

What he said.  thumbup

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4957 on: November 07, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »
One last question. What size should banner ads at the bottom be, and what size should the avatar be?

Since I won't be promoting my auctions in any way outside the "For Sale" threads, I WILL use both the avatar and banner spaces to advertize my auctions, so I would like some guidance on what size they are limited to (and then I promise to stick to those limits, and of course, I imagine all other dealers will do the same).

It is great to have clear rules that everyone abides by.

I haven't seen any specifics from T and H.
Frankly, I think they are too busy with things that are important to them and not sizing limitations of banner ads-used-as-signatures by feuding dealers.
This forum is supposed to be fun.

I don't think anyone had any gripes with the banner you were using.
Size-wise or otherwise.
 cheers

Bruce

« Reply #4958 on: November 10, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
Remember how someone here was saying the R51 Realart FRANKENSTEIN one-sheet was "over-priced" at $6,000+, and I explained that it is more rare than the 1931 regular one-sheet, and that many Realart lobbies are beyond rare, likely because they were shown at far fewer theaters?

Take a look at this babe: http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3174718

That's for ONE lobby card for a re-release of a late Frankenstein sequel. Suddenly that R51 FRANKENSTEIN one-sheet doesn't seem over-priced (at least relatively)!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4959 on: November 10, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »
Someone must need it to complete the set
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #4960 on: November 10, 2013, 05:20:41 PM »
Someone must need it to complete the set

At eMoviePoster.com you need TWO somebodies to get a really high result. It seems like a real long shot that BOTH of them need this to "complete their sets", but I guess stranger things have happened.

guest8

« Reply #4961 on: November 10, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
If these are as rare as you say then it could be possible this is a remaing piece that would be needed for multiple persons collections. Good luck and congrats to you and the seller!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4962 on: November 10, 2013, 05:30:40 PM »
At eMoviePoster.com you need TWO somebodies to get a really high result. It seems like a real long shot that BOTH of them need this to "complete their sets", but I guess stranger things have happened.

Option #3 - One needs it to complete their set; the other just enjoys making completists pay more ;)
Chris

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #4963 on: November 10, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
Remember how someone here was saying the R51 Realart FRANKENSTEIN one-sheet was "over-priced" at $6,000+, and I explained that it is more rare than the 1931 regular one-sheet, and that many Realart lobbies are beyond rare, likely because they were shown at far fewer theaters?

The Realart Frankenstein one-sheet is not More rare than the 1931 one-sheet. Sorry, there are quite a few more than six copies known of the Realart one-sheet.

BUT...

The House of Dracula Realart set is extremely tough, and contains two of the very best Frankenstein images (easily the best Glenn Strange ones), the other being this great card you auctioned last year:

There are MANY collectors looking to add this card to their set. I would think that you could sell 3 or 4 more of each of those two cards and they would still sell in the $1000 range.

The Realart set for Frankenstein Meets the Wolf man also has what I feel is one of the very best Universal horror cards period and the only card in the entire series (Universal or Realart) to feature photos of two monsters on the same card. The next time you sell one of these my guess is would easily double the price of the House of Dracula card you just sold.

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #4964 on: November 10, 2013, 06:19:33 PM »
Sean knows his stuff.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4965 on: November 10, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
Sean knows his stuff.

he is definitely an EXPERT in this area. He could probably put together a list of how many are known to exist for each various title in each various size and I'm sure he has done so for himself.

But why would these later posters sell for pretty good money? It's very simple, no matter how many exist, they don't change hands very often and for the most part when they do they never reach a price list or auction because they sell privately. Moreover, active collectors or those not currently collecting and not yet selling are resistant to sell them for market prices because they know if they want to replace it later, it will possibly cost them more than what they are selling for and that makes it a zero-sum game. Even more, when they sell in the future, again most will never see a public sales venue. Those collectors who are not fortunate enough to "be in the loop" will have a much more difficult time acquiring them.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4966 on: November 10, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »
I have read - and hopefully you "old time" collectors can confirm - that these Realart re-releases used to be considered basically detritus?  Was that the impression/consensus for a long time?  It's only in the last 20 years or so perhaps that they have steadily risen in value?
Chris

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4967 on: November 10, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »
maybe the last 25-30 years Chris..
but you know what, 90% of what sells today in the hobby was considered detritus back then and alot of what is considered detritus now was considered top notch then..

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

guest8

« Reply #4968 on: November 11, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
Some decent bus shelter posters hit eMovie! You know what they say .. bigger is better!! :)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4969 on: November 11, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »
Mel sure is having a clear out...
It's more than a Hobby...

guest8

« Reply #4970 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:03 PM »
This one actually is a bit surprising.. I guess the prices have really dropped on these.

Charlie

« Reply #4971 on: November 11, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »
RR 83  it will climb a bit to $50 to $70...

guest8

« Reply #4972 on: November 11, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
RR 83  it will climb a bit to $50 to $70...

BUT!!! When I bought it they were ~$100 !!! :P

Charlie

« Reply #4973 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
BUT!!! When I bought it they were ~$100 !!! :P

Actually, we figured it out on APF that there was an 83RR...

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2405.msg36744.html#msg36744

You were on the wrong side of the 83RR coin...  The first releases are still holding steady at $80 to $120...  The RR 83 are down...

guest8

« Reply #4974 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
Actually, we figured it out on APF that there was an 83RR...

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2405.msg36744.html#msg36744

You were on the wrong side of the 83RR coin...  The first releases are still holding steady at $80 to $120...  The RR 83 are down...

Alright!! That's it!! All you pesky meddlers owe me $30-75!! Divide up however you want!! I will give my PP address when you are ready to send payment!! :D