Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2203397 times)

Bruce

Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #4925 on: November 04, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »
It doesn't matter where an auction is at with a day to go, or even five minutes. Lots of posters last night went from low to high in the final minutes (but no one had a poster snatched away by a snipe because of our five minute time-extended feature).

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #4926 on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
I am a little surprised that these aren't going for more already!!!

You might want to check NOES Quad again. It is more then $110

guest8

« Reply #4927 on: November 04, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
You might want to check NOES Quad again. It is more then $110

Yeah even at the new high bid it sounds like a deal. Heck the cheapest I can find right now is closer to $700-800+!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4928 on: November 04, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
I am a little surprised that these aren't going for more already!!!

They will.

;D

-Jeff

guest8

« Reply #4929 on: November 04, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
They will.

;D

haha .. PM me your highest bid and I will be sure to bid just under that! ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4930 on: November 04, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »
Yeah even at the new high bid it sounds like a deal. Heck the cheapest I can find right now is closer to $700-800+!

Also remember that some people who want this poster won't bid on it because it's linenbacked.  Hmm, wonder who that could be...
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #4931 on: November 04, 2013, 02:02:44 PM »
Also remember that some people who want this poster won't bid on it because it's linenbacked.  Hmm, wonder who that could be...

You dont buy any linen pieces?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4932 on: November 04, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »

I missed that little detail, too. For something this new (for me), being linen backed would not be me first choice, either. (Although, there were some fold line separations and minor crossfold paper loss, so it was the right way to preserve & conserve this particular copy, imo).  thumbup

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4933 on: November 05, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »
You dont buy any linen pieces?

No, I don't buy linen...  The few times that I have, and I can count them on my fingers, are because I knew that I would never find the posters folded.

I don't buy linen because 1) I want to know very specifically what kind of restoration was done and most of the times sellers lie about them and 2) folded posters are easy to file away while linenbacked posters take way too much room.

I'd much rather buy a poor condition folded poster and have it restored than an already linenbacked poster.  Generally speaking, though, I stay away from poor condition posters ;)  I'd say that 95% of my collection is in very good/near mint condition.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #4934 on: November 05, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »
I'd say that 95% of my collection is in very good/near mint condition.

T

Because 95% of your collection hasn't had time to age... ;)
David

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4935 on: November 05, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »
Because 95% of your collection hasn't had time to age... ;)

Ouch, that stings.

Probably a little true, though.

T
My Personal Collection

Bruce

« Reply #4936 on: November 05, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
Personally, I don't think this is too much for this, but what do I know?

Charlie

« Reply #4937 on: November 05, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
Some of my wife's best work.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #4938 on: November 05, 2013, 10:04:51 PM »
Some of my wife's best work.

Sweet!  ;D

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #4939 on: November 05, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
Amazing quad for a great film. The restore job looks spectacular.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4940 on: November 06, 2013, 12:22:44 AM »

So what do you think of the ending prices?
Chris

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #4941 on: November 06, 2013, 02:45:45 AM »
So what do you think of the ending prices?
WOW is all I can say. I was amazed to see it end where it did. I figured it would end somewhere around the $500 but not $893

guest8

« Reply #4942 on: November 06, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »
Yes, Charlie and his wife do good work and i think it shows in the pieces that were auctioned last night! :) There should be one more coming up in a future auction that iirc caused something of a major headache for them as well. Ill tease it with this clue .. GWTW. :)

As for the prices, I am very happy with them. I was actually a little surprised at the Lost Boys final price.. (without any logical reason) I felt it would go a bit higher. But considering one sold on ebay a few hours earlier for $120 (unback/unrestored) I think everything worked out well enough.

I will take this time to say, that although I don't agree with Bruce a lot on the forums. You cannot argue that his auctions do pull in many great bidders/consigners and before he gets a chance to toot his own horn. It is because of what a great job he and his people do and the level of customer service that they provide to both their consigner and buyers!

Now with that said, I feel like I has to say, that Bruce pushes the boundaries around here too. It's been said before, Bruce is like the pushy used car salesmen of the poster auction world. (Don't ask me when or where, I don't recall. Hell, I may have said it) My advice to Bruce, is to just calm down with the salesmanship, at last around here. We all know who Bruce is and his stellar reputation and posting about it 10x a day in 10 different threads is just going to annoy people.

We already know what kind of amazing results eMovie can provide! So maybe take your own advise and only post eMovie stuff in one thread and let Bruce come out to hang out with the rest of us without his eMovie hat on. If the other dealers don't follow suit, who cares!?? Fighting it out on here isn't helping your case at all and quite frankly could end up hurting you in the long run.

So that's that, my advise take it or not.

Back to the posters!! I really thought this one would be fetching a higher price than this?? I always felt this was a stunning piece.

Bruce

« Reply #4943 on: November 06, 2013, 08:20:10 AM »
Thank you for clearly stating your views in a non-childish way.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying you would prefer that I be like Heritage, and solely post For Sale listings in the two forums designed for those, and make no other posts.

I can do that.

guest8

« Reply #4944 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:07 AM »
Thank you for clearly stating your views in a non-childish way.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying you would prefer that I be like Heritage, and solely post For Sale listings in the two forums designed for those, and make no other posts.

I can do that.

Not at all!!! I said, to post only eMovie stuff in the dealer section and Be Bruce out here with rest of us ..

We already know what kind of amazing results eMovie can provide! So maybe take your own advise and only post eMovie stuff in one thread and let Bruce come out to hang out with the rest of us without his eMovie hat on. If the other dealers don't follow suit, who cares!?? Fighting it out on here isn't helping your case at all and quite frankly could end up hurting you in the long run.

This is what I am talking about, it was you who had the idea that dealers should have 1 thread that they post in, but when someone brings that up you make it seem as if we are chastising you and do not want you on the forum which is the complete opposite of what I said. I want "Bruce" to be posting 100x a day .. I just don't want eMovie posting 100x a day in a dozen threads. I respect you (and all the other dealers) for having a successful business in something that we all find enjoyable. I feel I speak for more than a  few of us, if we could turn our hobby of poster collecting into a profitable career I think most of us would jump on that chance and here you are doing it! So I want to hear from "Bruce" and your stories about helping people and doing the right thing. Maybe you dont have to end those stories with a summation about how eMovie is outstanding because of x y z .. We know how and why eMovie is a great business, we don't need the constant reminders. But your knowledge and experience make you a valuable member of the forum, and you are more than just eMovie! Thats what I want, more of Bruce the man and less of eMovie the business.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #4945 on: November 06, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
I second fallenangel's remarks.  A year ago, both Bruce and Rich hung out here and contributed to the discussion.  Lately both dealers have been having this pointless feud where they keep seeing who can have the more obnoxious banner ad, who can have the last commercial post, and who is giving the best deal.

Give it a rest.  We buy from and we sell to both of you.  I personally don't come here for the current cage match.
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #4946 on: November 06, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
I second fallenangel's remarks.  A year ago, both Bruce and Rich hung out here and contributed to the discussion.  Lately both dealers have been having this pointless feud where they keep seeing who can have the more obnoxious banner ad, who can have the last commercial post, and who is giving the best deal.

Give it a rest.  We buy from and we sell to both of you.  I personally don't come here for the current cage match.

OK. It won't be me to break the peace.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #4947 on: November 06, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
I was going to consider making a documentary about the poster dealer feuds. Bet it would be interesting.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Bruce

« Reply #4948 on: November 06, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
One last question. What size should banner ads at the bottom be, and what size should the avatar be?

Since I won't be promoting my auctions in any way outside the "For Sale" threads, I WILL use both the avatar and banner spaces to advertize my auctions, so I would like some guidance on what size they are limited to (and then I promise to stick to those limits, and of course, I imagine all other dealers will do the same).

It is great to have clear rules that everyone abides by.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4949 on: November 06, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »

Back to the posters!! I really thought this one would be fetching a higher price than this?? I always felt this was a stunning piece.

Did you consign this to Bruce?
Chris