Author Topic: Jurassic World  (Read 18206 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Jurassic World
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2015, 11:16:00 PM »
I see that Hollywood Noise has raised their price from $59.99 to $99.99.
I still haven't been able to connect with the studio Bond.
But Klownicle's pics and measurements look authentic.
 pcorn

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2015, 12:57:21 AM »
I paid, 49.99.  Lmao

Just got out of the movie.  Plenty happy with how it turned out, doesn't feel at all like they are beating a dead horse but I'll be damned if they can figure out a sequel.

Edit; 100.00 + 10.00 shipping... Lol. Wonder if it'll end up being rare.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:00:32 AM by Klownicle »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »
These posters are authentic.  Same paper than the other 2 styles.  Same size. 

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2015, 10:48:59 PM »
Wow... Trending upwards of $160M+ for the weekend.

Crazy.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2015, 12:47:36 PM »
This seller is selling at $9.99!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251989551372?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What's interesting is that he has been on eBay only since March 2015.

Has no buyer reviews. hmmm.gif
Rudy

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
That's a fake for sure.  High gloss paper, no mention of DS.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2015, 12:50:42 PM »
And anyone who buys off them get what they deserve..

I'll only be getting this style if my Cinema fellow gets one.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2015, 12:53:06 PM »
It is categorized as a reproduction.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »
I got the 3 1sht and the 3 bus stops (Spielberg necessity) and I'm done.  I don't think the fish tank exists as a quad.  If it does, I might get it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »
I've not seen it at all over here T.   Maybe it's just a US release poster.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2015, 02:45:59 PM »

Theres that guy on Reddit, I asked about its size as he mentioned it was at the IMAX premiere.  

Edit; Hollywood Noise is up to $150 + 10 Shipping.  Lol. Glad I got mine when I did.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:49:04 PM by Klownicle »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »

Theres that guy on Reddit, I asked about its size as he mentioned it was at the IMAX premiere. 

That's the bus shelter size.  Cool photo.  cool1

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »
Mine is 1/8 to 1/16th" under width of all the other recent Universal titles I have. It looks great, I just still have doubts. I need to find out the origin of these things. They are not an exclusive IMAX poster, they are not INTL as it would have UPI verbiage on them.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2015, 03:08:16 PM »
I'll tell you, if it is indeed a forgery, it is the best forgery to date and it would definitely be a turning point in modern poster collecting.  If it is a forgery, which I still highly doubt, then no poster is safe.  Any modern poster can be reprinted at will with absolutely zero way to discern it from an original.

If it is indeed a forgery, I would eventually stop buying modern posters.

T
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »
For your viewing pleasure, if this is a fake I'll be a monkeys uncle, text is very sharp, no bleed.  Dimensions match up perfectly.  Back is faded as expected for a double sided.

http://imgur.com/a/ok8cT

Great photos and great poster!! Love that frame

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2015, 11:02:57 PM »
I'll tell you, if it is indeed a forgery, it is the best forgery to date and it would definitely be a turning point in modern poster collecting.  If it is a forgery, which I still highly doubt, then no poster is safe.  Any modern poster can be reprinted at will with absolutely zero way to discern it from an original.

T

I trust your judgement the most given your collection at this point, mine measures on spot.  Feel like this poster stirred up the hornets nest tho.  Lol
I think the fact that "Experience it at IMAX" ETC at the bottom is truly the tell tale it's real.  It'd require some obvious modification because no source exists with that text that I know of.  We could have been just as fooled with the standard text than to go another mile and make it unique.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:08:33 PM by Klownicle »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
Up to $150 already?
Yowza.

Guess I'll just have be satisfied with this crummy Chinese design...

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
We should pin this thread to see what the prices will be one year from now.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2015, 08:57:01 PM »
We should pin this thread to see what the prices will be one year from now.

Lol.  Well if the poster doesn't show up more often, than it should command something. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2015, 09:08:47 PM »
I think the seller might be running out of them.  It makes no sense for him to sell them at $180 when the movie comes out if he has another 50 in a tube.  He should sell them at $50 buy-it-now and sell as many as he possibly can.  You only raise the price when you have a couple left in your inventory.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2015, 07:18:42 AM »
I think the seller might be running out of them.  It makes no sense for him to sell them at $180 when the movie comes out if he has another 50 in a tube.  He should sell them at $50 buy-it-now and sell as many as he possibly can.  You only raise the price when you have a couple left in your inventory.

T

He hasn't sold any since his $100 price on the bay at least.  And only one sold for $100.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »
If anything, the movie will go down in history for being the biggest box office opening hit of all time, domestically and internationally, not adjusted.  Another one for Spielberg.  

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:45:53 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »
Now that I've seen the flick, I really believe that this is one of the best poster campaigns in some time.  Only one of those scenes is actually IN the movie, but it doesn't really matter.  The 2 main human characters and 3 main "dinosaurs" are on display.  It's top notch, imo.

The 3 US Bus Shelters.

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:44:50 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »
Congrats. I really like the fish tank one.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2015, 05:19:11 PM »
Give me Dino-puppets and props, like the original film, or no care. Otherwise, I am just watching a bloated cartoon.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,