Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2194791 times)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #8650 on: January 20, 2021, 11:47:48 AM »
Does anyone on here buys bulk items from Bruce?  Just wondering.  I have never done it, and will never do it, because this is not the way I collect.  I like to know each poster's condition and don't want to end up trashing 90% of the posters I got for a few I might keep, let alone pay for shipping.  Have you guys done it?

Like a bunch of the stuff they sell, those are mainly dealer lots. You will see the same names as buyers repeatedly.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8651 on: January 20, 2021, 12:01:48 PM »
Right!  I didn’t think of that.  Makes sense.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #8652 on: January 20, 2021, 06:01:00 PM »
I’ve bought bulk lots.

In fact I recently bought a bulk lot because it had a Mexican poster I wanted I had never seen for sale before.

Of course when you’re collecting Mexican posters from the ‘40s and ‘50s you can’t be picky about condition or you wouldn’t have a collection at all!

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8653 on: January 21, 2021, 11:23:11 PM »
I bought bulk lots a few times when I was an active collector. Each time I bought them for 1 or 2 posters I wanted and then sold a couple of the better ones basically breaking even. Nowadays that is way too much work though!  ;D

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #8654 on: February 06, 2021, 01:24:19 PM »

^has to be the first time judi dench has been called sexy ???

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8655 on: February 14, 2021, 01:22:11 AM »
I don't know, Redman.  There are several things about Dame Judi that make her sexy to me: lively twinkle in her eye; slight smile and a quick head turn; master of her craft; slight overbite; certain scenes in As Time Goes By; and, wishing I had seen her do Shakespeare in the 1960s.  Okie

^has to be the first time judi dench has been called sexy ???
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 01:49:04 AM by okiehawker »

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #8656 on: February 14, 2021, 02:27:04 PM »
When it comes to sexy images, it is all a matter of taste.
Sadly I am drawn like a 'Moth to a flame' to the more typical 'femme fatale'.

Regards

Ian

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #8657 on: February 14, 2021, 05:49:54 PM »
^face like thunder. no thanks! what is the poster?

oh okie okie okie
thanks for the laughs
i couldn't imagine much worse things than a visit to see judy doing bill shakespeare

i used to think it weird how she was not in any 6ts/7ts films of note. the reason is she was a plug and she was up against vanessa redgrave, julie christie, maggie smith etc

i am amazed americans watch
as time goes by
truly one of BBCs worst
oh boy
but i did like geoffry palmer
who passed away not long ago

and it seems that americans
obsession with teeth
is still correct ;D

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #8658 on: February 14, 2021, 06:04:04 PM »
^apologies to j.dench for spelling her name wrong

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8659 on: February 19, 2021, 11:50:58 PM »
You can't convince me otherwise, Redman.  I still think Dame Judi is the cats meow!  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8660 on: March 26, 2021, 10:42:41 PM »
I finally checked HA Sig auction listings for tomorrow.  Lots of good stuff there, but very little for me since 95% is linenbacked.  I already own 57 of the pieces listed and I have 7 on my list.  It's always fun to see what your stuff sells for. 

Not sure if I'll be able to bid with a lot of kids stuff on my plate, but hopefully my time off will align with the sale time.

Good luck to everyone on here!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8661 on: June 08, 2021, 04:32:12 PM »
Interesting that Heritage is now getting into the print business.  First Emovie, and now them.  I guess it brings a little more legitimacy to the whole concept.  I should have bought more when I had a chance.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8662 on: July 21, 2021, 10:52:58 PM »
Just checked HA's offering.  I already own 92 of their posters and I don't have much to buy, which makes my wallet happy (and me a little sad).   Although I'm on vacation with very little service and my wife would shoot me if I was on my phone during family time.  So I guess I'm all good.  Maybe I'll try for a couple.

Anyone else buying?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8663 on: July 21, 2021, 11:14:18 PM »
I have my eye on a few things...and although I may bid on one or two things, I'll probably forget about it or be outbid. HA's signature auctions bring out those with deep pockets and I just cannot compete.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 02:04:30 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #8664 on: July 21, 2021, 11:54:01 PM »
The few titles of interest in HA Signature auction that I don't already own are linenbacked, so I'll probably sit this one out (unless I get a last minute FOMO, lol).

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8665 on: July 22, 2021, 12:27:27 AM »
Watching about four posters at HA.  We'll see.  I had to look up what FOMO meant, Antoine.  Have no fear, there's always another poster...
Okie

Online Starling

• Collector
« Reply #8666 on: July 22, 2021, 01:42:16 AM »
Really wanted that Dangerous one sheet, but it's already out of my range sadly. Have my eye on a few things at Emovie...hope springs eternal!

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #8667 on: July 22, 2021, 03:29:15 AM »

A few posters not linebacked interest me (a French one and some SF/horror US). Others are really nice but linenbacked so not for me.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I could participate because I'm going on vacation and may not be home for the reception.
eMovie is convenient in that there is the option 'pay and hold', but does Heritage do it? I have doubts. And if they don't, I'm afraid I won't be able to participate ...

It would be a shame because I was ready for this sale!

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #8668 on: July 22, 2021, 01:43:35 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know if I could participate because I'm going on vacation and may not be home for the reception.
eMovie is convenient in that there is the option 'pay and hold', but does Heritage do it? I have doubts. And if they don't, I'm afraid I won't be able to participate ...

It would be a shame because I was ready for this sale!

I think Thierry has Heritage hold his wins for months before shipping them out, but if you reach out to them they will be happy to accommodate you.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8669 on: July 22, 2021, 02:13:02 PM »
Yeah, but they’ve been calling me lately, emailing me, asking for my stuff to ship, saying that they can’t hold on to stuff forever.  Whatever!!!

eyeroll

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #8670 on: July 22, 2021, 02:26:04 PM »

eMovie is convenient in that there is the option 'pay and hold'

Unfortunately, we no longer offer 12 week Pay and Hold. :(
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #8671 on: July 22, 2021, 02:28:17 PM »
Unfortunately, we no longer offer 12 week Pay and Hold. :(

That's because, beginning with our July Major Auction, we now offer an inconceivable SIXTEEN WEEK Pay and Hold to ALL bidders!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8672 on: July 22, 2021, 02:38:30 PM »

That's why you, Bruce, are the B-E-S-T!!!  I have sooooo many things I'm watching on your upcoming Major Auction. (Don't let anyone bid against me!) (I wish...)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 02:53:29 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #8673 on: July 22, 2021, 04:37:57 PM »
Yea really like the extended pay and hold, in particular if I buy rolled, which is not that often but they can be batched.
I am also looking forward to the new format 'bulk sales' with no individual lots less than $20. I like to pay and hold the cheaper flat items as well so I can get like 100 in a nicely packaged box - scheduled when my wife is away somewhere  ;)

Regards

Ian

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8674 on: July 23, 2021, 02:28:46 AM »
You certainly have great taste, Starling! Dangerous sure is pretty.  Okie
Really wanted that Dangerous one sheet, but it's already out of my range sadly. Have my eye on a few things at Emovie...hope springs eternal!