Author Topic: Anyone collect anything vintage?  (Read 100766 times)

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
Re: Anyone collect anything vintage?
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 10:57:06 PM »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 10:59:46 PM »
Another pissy pants.

And, that's the limit for me douche bag.

Unless I hear some strong objection from anyone, I'm going to delete Louie's posts and send him on his little pissy-pants way by deleting his account as well.  I can and will stand for everything but ridiculous, child-like name calling.  Truly, if anyone objects, let me know and I'll leave it be.  Otherwise, it'll be my pleasure to kick his rat ass out the door.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 11:03:15 PM »
There's something funny here, though.  This train wreck of a thread has been read over 250 times.  It would seem that there's a lot of you that like a little shake up.  As long as we all know that Louie has absolutely nothing useful to say or add to this forum, it seems, we can all laugh at him.  As a matter of fact, maybe we would make him the Forum's new little pet!  Here Louie Louie.  Come lick the bone...
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

wonka

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »
Louie, get off the couch!  Your ass sheds to much, go get in your bed!!!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2010, 11:10:23 PM »
What's also interesting are your sites.  Did you take the pictures posted to your personal site?  I actually enjoyed looking at them, so I guess you have been redeemed a little bit.  How about mixing it up a bit and share with us something useful like your collection(s) or thoughts on why you prefer vintage material over other material or whatnot.  It's got to be more interesting than saying "pissy pants" over and over again.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2010, 11:32:43 PM »
Well, yeah, I hoped to mix it up a bit as I find most of the posters here to be wrapped up in their own ego, kind of like slapping his/her own back, but really I just love this forum and I REALLY don't care about modern (post 1980's) posters.  I also realize that people collect what they like.  I just hope to see more vintage pics rather than going to emoive and seeing images of their past auctions.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2010, 11:49:01 PM »
Whenever I get something I normally post it, whether it be an image from eMovie or after I get around to taking a pic.  I should have some stuff to post pretty soon  ;)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2010, 11:56:20 PM »
Well, yeah, I hoped to mix it up a bit as I find most of the posters here to be wrapped up in their own ego,

laugh1....WOW!...Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to go recheck what the word hypocrite actually means cause you have now totally confused the fuck out of me.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2010, 12:01:43 AM »
laugh1....WOW!...Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to go recheck what the word hypocrite actually means cause you have now totally confused the fuck out of me.

It's OK, you can go back to staring at your wall anytime.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
No No...Id rather watch a pig wallow in its own filth.

Carry on.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2010, 01:04:59 AM »
And, that's the limit for me douche bag.

Unless I hear some strong objection from anyone, I'm going to delete Louie's posts and send him on his little pissy-pants way by deleting his account as well.  I can and will stand for everything but ridiculous, child-like name calling.  Truly, if anyone objects, let me know and I'll leave it be.  Otherwise, it'll be my pleasure to kick his rat ass out the door.

Seriously hope you are not being serious Holiday as this is the kind of censorship I thought this board was created to avoid in the first place?

Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2010, 02:50:18 AM »
He wasn't serious...

or was he?

What worries me more is that Louie has a French name and I don't want him to make my peeps look bad.  More than they already do, that is.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2010, 05:02:59 AM »
I do prefer the one happy family approach this site usually has and tend to keep out of any bickering. I myself mainly collect pre 1980 posters which makes up 98% of my collection, but I do like all the info on modern posters you can pick up on here.

The fellow Louie cannot of looked at most of the theads as I have posted quite a lot of "vintage" posters, as have others. I am not sure when vintage starts and ends, as it seems everyones idea is differant. Anyway here's a couple of pics from that mid era of film.   
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2010, 05:53:40 AM »
Great ones!  Love em!

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2010, 05:56:29 AM »
What's also interesting are your sites.  Did you take the pictures posted to your personal site?  I actually enjoyed looking at them, so I guess you have been redeemed a little bit.

No, I stole everything from other sites. :P

spacething

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2010, 07:58:10 AM »
Anyway here's a couple of pics from that mid era of film.   

Paul - That Son of Dracula is beautiful!

linder1

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2010, 08:30:25 AM »
Oooooooooh, someone's a pissy pants.

You've proven you're just clowning around and looking to stir shit up.  Fine, do that.  You'll be successful at getting people here to participate in your little puppet show, either telling you to fuck off or posting pictures for your entertainment.

It's "uncensored" so that means you can be your WILD UNCENSORED self.  Whoop too fucking doo!  You're a retro hipster and like to pretend you're tough on INTERNET FORUMS!!  Yay!!

I'd really love to see you call me a "pissy pants" to my face.

Good luck fucktard.  I'm done with this thread.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2010, 09:22:54 AM »
We're all one big happy family here!  Erich, I think I was serious for about 5 seconds or so, and then came to my senses.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »
     ( Paul - That Son of Dracula is beautiful! )

It's from a 1951 re-release in the U.K. Unfortunately the colours don't seem as vibrant as they are, due to the fact it's in a poster sleeve, and you get a fair bit of glare on the pic.

Here's a couple more just for the crack, as I've been going through some of my larger posters.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »

Mr. Louie seems to be a frustrated
window card collector with a strange
fascination for the antiquated expression,
"Yumpin' Yiminy."

While his pre-1944 tastes are admirable,
his narrow-mindedness will only work
against his future happiness in this hobby.

Louie must learn to communicate with
fellow poster collectors in a more positive
way, then -- and only then -- can we
begin to understand his predilection for
Swedish immigrants and introduce him
to the joys of the post-1944 era.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
"Pissy Pants" What the fuck are we in the 2nd grade??? Any adult calling another adult "Pissy Pants" deserves to have their ass busted and put on time out. I mean seriously - "Pissy Pants" - grow the fuck up Louie and post some damn pictures of your "VINTAGE" collection.

Hey Paul - excellent posters. Thanks for sharing.

Cj

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
You've proven you're just clowning around and looking to stir shit up.  Fine, do that.  You'll be successful at getting people here to participate in your little puppet show, either telling you to fuck off or posting pictures for your entertainment.

It's "uncensored" so that means you can be your WILD UNCENSORED self.  Whoop too fucking doo!  You're a retro hipster and like to pretend you're tough on INTERNET FORUMS!!  Yay!!

I'd really love to see you call me a "pissy pants" to my face.

Good luck fucktard.  I'm done with this thread.

No you're not, you'll be back.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »
"Pissy Pants" What the fuck are we in the 2nd grade??? Any adult calling another adult "Pissy Pants" deserves to have their ass busted and put on time out. I mean seriously - "Pissy Pants" - grow the fuck up Louie and post some damn pictures of your "VINTAGE" collection.

Hey Paul - excellent posters. Thanks for sharing.

Cj

I am in 2nd grade, you found me out. 

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2010, 12:33:03 PM »
I am in 2nd grade, you found me out. 

What a surprise, a response with no pictures... Do you have any vintage posters Louie.  If you do I would love to see them. Share the pics of your posters.

Cj

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »
What a surprise, a response with no pictures... Do you have any vintage posters Louie.  If you do I would love to see them. Share the pics of your posters.

Cj

Yes.