Author Topic: Framing B2, storing and general  (Read 8709 times)

Steven11788

Framing B2, storing and general
« on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »
got my Godzilla babies from Bruce, beautiful posters, my first b2s. off the bat i notice the paper is not as thick. So how do you keep yours, keep em flat, rolled or at moment i have the cash, should i go ahead and get 2 Archival frame from Hollywood.   also i thought i have ordered from them before; I have not, so a question, how heavy are the Archival frames. At moment i am back living at home till schooling is done so I don't want to put nails in the wall. I have a few cheaper posters in walmart frames, with the adhesive sticky paper holding the plastic hangers. Will these hold the Archival frame from hollywood poster frames.  Sorry to be all over the place, I am in a hurry, thanks guys..

Offline enki

• Collector
Re: Framing B2, storing and general
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »
got my Godzilla babies from Bruce, beautiful posters, my first b2s. off the bat i notice the paper is not as thick. So how do you keep yours, keep em flat, rolled or at moment i have the cash, should i go ahead and get 2 Archival frame from Hollywood.   also i thought i have ordered from them before; I have not, so a question, how heavy are the Archival frames. At moment i am back living at home till schooling is done so I don't want to put nails in the wall. I have a few cheaper posters in walmart frames, with the adhesive sticky paper holding the plastic hangers. Will these hold the Archival frame from hollywood poster frames.  Sorry to be all over the place, I am in a hurry, thanks guys..

I don't own any B2s, so I can comment on that. But I do own one Polish poster (SW) that is very thin paper. Almost like newspaper. I have it in an HPF frame and it worked well.

Regarding weight, I have quite a few frames from HPF. They aren't super-heavy, but they weigh about 10lbs, depending of course on size and the size/style. I wouldn't trust a tape-backed wall hanger personally.

Steven11788

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 01:39:01 PM »
alright thanks, i know i sound like a hoarder,  ;D but i may frame them and keep in my poster closet. just kinda scared to stoore these. my other rolleds or in a big plastic tub, gently laid on each other, but they can take the weight, i am worried were to put these

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:05:02 PM »
I have 3 1/2 b2 frames from HPF. The frames are not heavy at all but I would stick the nail in the wall anyway. I have the non glare plexi versions and I love em.

Taking this pic with my cell as I sit here typing. Looking to my right and zooming out into the hall.  :P  ;D

P.S. Posters are best when served about you and your enjoyment.  8)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:06:12 PM by Zorba »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
alright thanks, i know i sound like a hoarder,  ;D but i may frame them and keep in my poster closet. just kinda scared to stoore these. my other rolleds or in a big plastic tub, gently laid on each other, but they can take the weight, i am worried were to put these

Put framed posters in the closet?!  Blasphemer!
Chris

Steven11788

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:24 PM »
maybe i could slide with 2 nails, lol hey i looked on there site i dint see b2 size, isn't 29x30, or 28x30, how much did they charge you for them.. i figure they custom make em since it isn't a size to choose ...

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:34:10 PM »
maybe i could slide with 2 nails, lol hey i looked on there site i dint see b2 size, isn't 29x30, or 28x30, how much did they charge you for them.. i figure they custom make em since it isn't a size to choose ...

B2s arent 29 x 30 big.  20 x 28/29 is closer:P

She does custom cut em down. I cannot remember which size I picked. Maybe 22 x 28? and they got made to my size.

Steven11788

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
wow my measurements, were sucky lol

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 09:40:31 PM »
wow my measurements, were sucky lol

Dont think of them as sucky but as having some fun with the greatest hobby in the history of fun.

Steven11788

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 09:42:01 PM »
lol, alright i saw em, they aint that high, i will probably get them, thanks

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »
When getting frames, measure the size of the poster, and the frame needs to be made 1/4" larger than the size of the poster.  When I got my frames made from the local place, I asked them to send me the measurement of the poster, and the measurement they would be making the frame, so I knew it was correct.  The one frame I bought from Hollywood Poster Frames, I specifically remember telling Sue on the phone 'the poster is __" x __"' and when the frame arrived, the frame was those dimensions, and the poster fit, but it's not right.  Luckily, it is a frame for a magazine fold-out that sells for about $5.

P.S. Posters are best when served about you and your enjoyment.  8)

Agreed.   cheers

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:28 PM »
When getting frames, measure the size of the poster, and the frame needs to be made 1/4" larger than the size of the poster.  When I got my frames made from the local place, I asked them to send me the measurement of the poster, and the measurement they would be making the frame, so I knew it was correct.  The one frame I bought from Hollywood Poster Frames, I specifically remember telling Sue on the phone 'the poster is __" x __"' and when the frame arrived, the frame was those dimensions, and the poster fit, but it's not right.  Luckily, it is a frame for a magazine fold-out that sells for about $5.

Agreed.   cheers

Why is that? I've bought about a dozen frames from HPF, and each one I told Sue the size of the poster (27x41 in most cases). One each occasion, it was (to me at least) a perfect fit. The poster slid right in, with a little but of room on each side but not too much to have the poster slide around.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 11:46:29 PM »
Dont think of them as sucky but as having some fun with the greatest hobby in the history of fun.

Zorba The Positive Greek
Chris

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 11:57:50 PM »

Why is that?

Why is what - the frame should be made larger than the poster?  Paper expands and contracts, with humidity and dryness.  In a frame that is not big enough, when the poster expands it will compress against the edges of the frame, which will affect the look of it in the frame, and will eventually cause a permanent waviness to the poster.  It is also much more difficult to get the poster in the frame if the frame is not large enough, and the edges could get damaged.  Ask anyone who has bought a frame that is not big enough how the poster looks in it, and the damage it caused.  I'll take a picture of the poster I mentioned in my last comment and post it here.  

I've heard only good things from Hollywood Poster Frames, and Sue, and they probably just made a mistake with the dimensions of the frame I bought from them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:15:20 AM by NeoLoco »

Steven11788

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
alright thanks for the heads up., the B2 bug has got me.. cant wait till more pop up