Author Topic: Friday the 13th.....thingy....?  (Read 3450 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Friday the 13th.....thingy....?
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »
I didn't quite know where to post this, but I was given this......., I thought it lit up so took the back off, but nothing in there!
So I'm guessing it's just a fancy 3-D effect thingy of the 1sht poster?? to decorate a poster room.... eyeroll

Do say if you know anything about it....I do think Jason's Machete is missing, but hey it was free.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
Re: Friday the 13th.....thingy....?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
I know Mcfarlane toys made some items like that awhile ago. I think this is it...

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3050

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »
It Does have Mcfarlane on the side of it...

Were they just a gimmick, to sit and look pretty...?

longdog

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »
Pretty much.

I've seen several of these over the years ranging from Jaws to Robocop (including some from the Star Wars films) and I believe the one for Alien did actually have a light effect.

Due to the 3D styling they are quite effective but appear fairly fragile so often have several bits missing (like Freddy's blades from the NOES 1-sht) if not handled carefully.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
I didn't quite know where to post this, but I was given this......., I thought it lit up so took the back off, but nothing in there!
So I'm guessing it's just a fancy 3-D effect thingy of the 1sht poster?? to decorate a poster room.... eyeroll

Do say if you know anything about it....I do think Jason's Machete is missing, but hey it was free.
Video/DVD standee??

Stew

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
Not connected to any release at all. Just a toy company decided to make 3d posters. Simple as that.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 04:15:30 AM »
The guy who gave me it found it on a car-boot sale, as he knew I was into horror films. He said Robocop was there, but wasn't sure I'd want that one...