Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 265011 times)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2012, 12:34:10 AM »
I find it amusing that eBay won't let me comment anymore on an open case once they've made a decision unless you want to close it.  I responded to their message, which was for me to send the poster back, and they never replied, so it looks like I'll have to close the case to tell them my dissatisfaction.  Sellers who send out damaged goods and then ignore buyers shouldn't have the right to an item back, seems to me the sellers complete silence pretty much seals his guilt, and all eBay is doing is allowing this sort of poor business to continue.  The guy might learn his lesson if he didn't get the money or the item back, he learns no lesson by getting it back, except the knowledge that he can do it again with nothing but negative feedback.  In the end I'm really more angry about eBay's total lack of tack than anything, originally I thought they only screwed over sellers, now it seems they just screw over the people being screwed, and back those who do the screwing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:35:37 AM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

ozcinemagic

« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
A bad experience, no doubt. But on the positive side you've learnt about the process and will be more aware in future. Knowledge is power.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2012, 04:35:18 AM »
....Sellers who send out damaged goods and then ignore buyers shouldn't have the right to an item back

I initially maintained a position that I would only send a damaged item back when I had been refunded but ebay doesn't work like this. My advice is you do what ebay/paypal asks - I have had 100% success in claim settlements over the years by doing so. The exception is that I will not agree to return a fake/reprint poster unless I may fold it up (if it is rolled) or torn in half (if it is folded) - I refuse to waste my time "carefully packing" a worthless item and to give the seller a further opportunity to try and deceive someone else. The seller invariably tells me to just keep the item.

Mark

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
Man, that Mark takes No prisoners.... thumbup good on ya.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2012, 10:31:48 AM »
Man, that Mark takes No prisoners.... thumbup good on ya.

That'll learn those bastards.
Good on you, Mark.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #255 on: June 11, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
Getting the run around from Hwood Collector Show , they still owe me some graphs.

One-Sheet

« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
RIP OFF ARTIST -
posterstoreusa.com
Hollywoodnoise.com

aka on eBay:
posterstoreusa
hollywoodnoise

This seller is possibly tied to emovieposterS.com as well (Not Bruce's site)

He also sells on eBay under the alias ezpostershopper_com

I bought a Dark Knight Rises adv. poster from him that had fingernail indentations from rolling with force.  He made me file an "item not as described" claim, then refunded my payment, then sent me a paypal payment request and tried to offer me a replacement.  I declined when I saw his paypal addy was posterstoreusa and had read all of the stories about him.  Instead I took by business to Dale at Movieposters4U.  Received the poster professionally packaged and in pristine condition.  I won't be dealing with posterstoreusa again.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
One online store, to avoid like the plague, is http://www.neautograph.com

They sell reproduction posters that they claim have been autographed by actual actors from those films. What a scam, especially when one looks and sees autographs from the likes of James Dean, and Clark Gable signed with silver sharpies, on 24x36 reproduction posters.  hitself

As Tom Pennock on MOPO queried, when he first posted this link, "They are all forgeries. How does a place like this stay in business?"

-Jeff

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
http://www.neautograph.com/inc/sdetail/34/212

Yeah I think the 'original' Psycho one sheet priced up at $150 would be a big giveaway
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
xfileed916 on eBay

Here is one good example why people sometimes pay a little more from well respected companies/people.  Sure, sometimes you can score a good deal on stuff from random eBayers, but there is the potential of having to deal with the occasional lunatics and all the bile they expel.  Y’all may remember how I won a banner on eBay a couple months ago and the seller shipped it in a terrible tube that caused it to be damaged.  It was over $80 with shipping.  I decided I wanted a refund, and this is what transpired.

I told him about the damage (due to the terrible packaging) and he said there was nothing he could do, so I told him that if he didn’t resolve the issue, I would file a claim with eBay and/or Paypal.  He replied with a profane message and said he was not going to issue a refund.  After filing and winning an eBay claim, I returned the banner and received a full refund.  Then I left this negative feedback:  “Bad packaging. Banner damaged. Seller rude and unhelpful. Had to file a claim.”

A few days later I got this email from him: “You got your refund so it's pretty shitty to go and leave negative feedback. You fucked up buddy! You should have sent a message with your shipping requests before you paid. If you had done that, none of this would've happened. Instead you did not send a message about it and then behaved like a complete asshole. eBay being the biggest dumbasses on the planet, aside from you, decided to give you your money back. So, in the end you lost NOTHING! I, on the other hand, am stuck with a damaged banner that is worthless now. So, on top of that, you go and post that feedback? Fuck you! Fuck yourself! Thanks for everything, asshole! Happy fuckin holidays!”

Apparently, he thinks it’s my fault that the banner got damaged because I didn’t send a separate message on how to correctly ship a poster (it was probably also my fault that he didn’t read the message I included with the order).  I’m a jerk because I kindly asked that he resolve the issue, eBay are jerks because they issued me a refund (since he wouldn’t take any responsibility).  I’m also a jerk because I left negative feedback describing his terrible customer service.

I left a follow-up feedback and he replied with his BS:
me: "He continues to send me abusive emails blaming everything on me. STAY AWAY!!!!!"
him: "Buyer extremely rude and insulting. USPS damaged item. Got refund. Period."   

This hobby is a lot of fun for the most part, and dealing with stuff like this makes me appreciate even more the good transactions with respectable people.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »
We need to remain aware that most ebay sellers are not poster dealers.  They simply happened across the material, and don't know how to pack and ship a poster.  This guy obviously sees this as a hassle as negative feedback hurts his normal business of selling gizmos.
-Jay-

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
We need to remain aware that most ebay sellers are not poster dealers.  They simply happened across the material, and don't know how to pack and ship a poster.  This guy obviously sees this as a hassle as negative feedback hurts his normal business of selling gizmos.

There is no excuse for customer service like that.  If it was that much of a hassle, he should not have been selling the banner in the first place, and it's obvious why he received the deserved negative feedback.

There is no excuse for a package like this - 2 one sheet tubes taped together with crappy tape.  

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:32:37 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »
If it was that much of a hassle, he should not have been selling the banner in the first place

I'd agree.

At some point logic not laziness needs to be the operative word when it comes to packing.
David

guest8

« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »
Im not defending this guy.. but.. If you are not a collector (because I know we all have closets and/or garages full of tube:p) I bet it can be hard to find suitable packaging or to even have the first idea where to begin to look for it. Sadly in this case the seller was a douche on top of being an idiot and wouldn't accept responsibility for the damage. That's why we pack everything as best as we can and even then we buy insurance for the items that we ship.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »

At some point logic not laziness needs to be the operative word when it comes to packing.

Sadly in this case the seller was a douche on top of being an idiot and wouldn't accept responsibility for the damage. That's why we pack everything as best as we can and even then we buy insurance for the items that we ship.

Agreed.   thumbup thumbup

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2012, 10:17:06 PM »
All I was saying was that the guy probably regrets the day he ever saw this banner and decided to sell it.  The lesson to be learned is to stick with what you know.  The corollary is to be very careful when buying from someone who is not a recognized poster dealer. 

I've been there myself and cringed when the folded insert showed up in an 11x14" manilla envelope.  However just because the guy is an uninformed and careless poster seller doesn't mean that he isn't a good ebay seller of exercise equipment (looking at his profile).  He is annoyed because of the black eye you gave him, and probably feels it is undeserved.  BTW, I agree with you and note that his refusal to do the right thing deserved the negative.
-Jay-

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
Hey Neo.  I'd send that message of his to Ebay and ask that they block his account.  The guy is a psycho.
Once he saw the pics, he should have refunded your cost (plus shipping) and told you to keep or discard the banner.
Dude is rotten to the core.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »
The guy obviously has some issues.  He thought a big part of it was my fault because I didn't send him a separate message asking to include insurance with the shipping, and he is completely oblivious to the fact that the banner was damaged from the terrible packaging.  Pretty annoying when people ship stuff in a crappy package and then blame it all on the shipping company, and in this case, the recipient also.   :-\

I called eBay and the woman said "if he has a bad history we may suspend his account."   :-\  There is no reason why that guy should be allowed to continue on eBay with customer service like that.

Before I won the auction, he told me that he worked for a movie theater and that's where he got the banner, so he may be selling some more stuff in the future. 

There are plenty of respectable people out there to buy from, and bad experiences like this make me realize how much easier it is to just buy stuff from the right people.

guest8

« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2012, 10:33:16 PM »
Here's another for the list .. I bought a Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (nude) poster and it was a cheap fake, one sided, colors were off, detail was off, fonts were close but not perfect and the Property of text line was missing. The poster was even cut crooked it was 1/8 of an inch wider at the bottom than it was at the top! When I emailed the seller he refused to reply, I had to go through ebay and he still never responded to the case. Thankfully Ebay just refunded me the money. What worries me most is that this person has many posters for sale as well as a poster shop in Rochester! :(

Ebay ID: mishik  

Apparently its an ebay store front for:

Mercury Posters
(585) 271-3110
1 Sumner Park Ste 1
Rochester, NY 14607
merc@rochester.rr.com

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:24 AM »
Unless I am mistaken he's not the only one from Rochester who sells fakes? Must be something in the water.
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2012, 01:39:03 AM »
You aren't mistaken, that's the stomping ground of Tom and Ed.
Perhaps not the water, but something in a printing facility.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Stormcrow

« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2013, 11:19:47 AM »
Beware ebay seller bmattingly32
http://myworld.ebay.com/bmattingly32?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Bought the new Mondo Jaws drop on a Buy it Now auction from this jerk and paid $117.00 immediately (listed as free shipping). An hour later the seller contacts me saying that "he unfortunately didn't get the print" and has to refund my money and tries to cancel the sale.

Original listing I paid for at 8:51 am pst as stated in the auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mondo-Mondotees-poster-print-Jaws-Spielberg-Laurent-Durieux-NOT-Moss-Stout-Ansin-/251215308530?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item3a7d9966f2

I went to look, thinking, "honest mistake", but then I noticed that the auction he is trying to cancel has already been relisted and has been sold to another bidder at 10:38 am pst.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251215348110?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I call ebay later that day and they inform me that this relisting, unlike the one I paid for first, has NOT been cancelled.

What really happened: the seller realized that he posted the poster on ebay for less than he could have and decided to not honor our agreement, and resold a poster he'd already sold to me for $160 plus $15 shipping ($62.00 more than he originally sold it to me for). There were other similarly priced prints on ebay at the time. By the time I was through dealing with this, anything close to that price was gone as was my chance to get this for under $200.

Add this guy to the list of Sellers to avoid.  (They sell Mondo posters and action figures), ID BMattingly32.

Thanks for reading, avoid this guy to avoid similar disappointments. Dealing with unscrupulous sellers like this on ebay is a frustration I hope I can help others avoid.

Follow-up: He then responds to my negative feedback in the following way (you'll also see my response):

Paid for item, seller reneged and relisted for $50 more, unscrupulous, beware   Buyer: sherdliska ( 159)     Jan-17-13    22:37
        Reply by bmattingly32 (Jan-18-13 14:05):
        Buyer was angry and harrassive. Didnt want to do business with him. I relisted.

Follow-up by sherdliska (Jan-22-13 05:45):
        Patently untrue, seller relisted item BEFORE I was contacted, avoid at all cost
    Mondo Mondotees poster print Jaws Spielberg Laurent Durieux NOT Moss Stout Ansin (#251215308530)   US $117.50   View Item

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »
Nasty.

Just another reasons to steer clear of the Mondos...
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »
Nasty.

Just another reasons to steer clear of the Mondos...

What's wrong with them?  ;)

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »
"We make collectability a way of life" - nothing right with that! 
Chris