Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2217826 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #550 on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:37 AM »
I personally love the Star Wars cake poster. I'm really not a very big Star Wars fan either. I think it's very unique and commemorative and of course very rare. Aren't those three things all you could want in a collectible piece of memorabilia?

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #551 on: March 02, 2011, 06:01:09 AM »
I kinda dig the SW cake 1sh in a kitsch way , its cute....wouldnt pay a ton for it though :)

Thomsen

« Reply #552 on: March 02, 2011, 09:43:54 AM »
I can definitely see the appeal it would have for someone into SW toys. I used to have a lot of that myself. But frankly, if I got it today I would probably sell it off. I think it speaks more to the completist, the toy collector, or the serious SW fan than a casual fan like me. There's a ton of other SW posters I would rather own based on the artwork alone before this.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2011, 12:40:37 PM »
I can definitely see the appeal it would have for someone into SW toys. I used to have a lot of that myself. But frankly, if I got it today I would probably sell it off. I think it speaks more to the completist, the toy collector, or the serious SW fan than a casual fan like me. There's a ton of other SW posters I would rather own based on the artwork alone before this.

+1  wynk

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #554 on: March 02, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »
+2, well said.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #555 on: March 02, 2011, 03:52:54 PM »
there's a ton of posters I would rather have than ANY Star Wars poster.
I have absolutely no SW posters in any form in my collection and I have even less interest than that in having any in the future. Of course, I recognize the "I'm not under 40" bit colors that interest

Like Jens said, If I collected SW toys, it would be a fit.. other than that, that poster is butt ugly

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #556 on: March 06, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
I wrote to this seller and asked about why the poster was covered by so much of the matte. Here was her reply to me:

yes i am very sorry about that it would of been a lot better if i would of taken the photo out of the frame, but if you like i can send you a picture with it out so you can check out the whole thing.
thanks for your interest

sara

i asked her to email me a pic of the poster out of the frame.. will see if she follows thru.

Jeff

What a surprise... I never received any additional pics of the poster removed from the frame..  :'(

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #557 on: March 06, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
Back on again, but at ONLY £5,000 ... Still too much.

VERY RARE JAMES BOND / ROGER MOORE TEASER POSTER
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #558 on: March 08, 2011, 04:21:29 AM »

I know you fellers like this stuff, so here is one for whomever the best man is

LOST IN TRANSLATION Original Japanese Chirashi

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOST-TRANSLATION-Original-Japanese-Chirashi-/300534275827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f93d1ef3

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #559 on: March 08, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
Swedish, first release poster for FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN for auction on ebay. This seller was the high bidder for this very poster, during Heritage's January 9, 2011 auction and won it for $537.75 (inc BP). He's now got it listed with an opening bid of $1499.00. The auction ends in 2 days. A potential nice profit, in one month's time.  ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360349117074&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #560 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:59 PM »
I suppose the key word is "potential" given that noone has bid and is unlikely to bid.
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #561 on: March 08, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »
I suppose the key word is "potential" given that noone has bid and is unlikely to bid.

Indeed. That word is key, as i don't think it will be bid on, either.

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #562 on: March 12, 2011, 08:48:47 PM »
Swedish, first release poster for FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN for auction on ebay. This seller was the high bidder for this very poster, during Heritage's January 9, 2011 auction and won it for $537.75 (inc BP). He's now got it listed with an opening bid of $1499.00. The auction ends in 2 days. A potential nice profit, in one month's time.  ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360349117074&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Update... when this poster didnt have a taker at the $1499.00 price, the seller relisted it (at present) for $2,100.00.. huh?   wow1

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #563 on: March 12, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »
Had a friend, who listed his car, with no takers, dropped the price gradually, still no takers, then as soon as he raised the price, buyers swooped. ie could be a scare tactic?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #564 on: March 12, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »
Got the Heritage signature auction catalog today.  I'm not much into print media today, but it does help you spot stuff you would miss on-line. Anyway, pretty astounding stuff - here are some of my favorites from the first two sessions, all expected to go for big bucks, some are relatively obscure, some well-known:

Mysterious Island (24 sheet)

Creature 6S:

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #565 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:52 PM »
That 'Get Carter' One Sheet, though nowhere near the worth of some of the other gear, is sure to sell for a fair bit IMO.
Very nice.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #566 on: March 12, 2011, 11:22:51 PM »
I would literally KILL for that Houdini poster!

piratemel
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #567 on: March 13, 2011, 04:51:24 AM »
And many of the others Chris.

Nice selection Mel. Shame that Lotto never came up. :(
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #569 on: March 15, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
Ha!  I saw that when browsing eBay earlier.  At least it is sun faded... that way I didn't get bent out of shape about it.  I just chuckled... [shakes cane] DAMN KIDS!!!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #570 on: March 15, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
Ha!  I saw that when browsing eBay earlier.  At least it is sun faded... that way I didn't get bent out of shape about it.  I just chuckled... [shakes cane] DAMN KIDS!!!

laugh1  Yep.  Them darn kids, I tell ya what.  The only poster I've seen like that and hopefully I'll never see another one of that caliber like that.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #572 on: March 15, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
I think it's quite an improvement actually.

The crafted moustache does add an air of mystery to him, that's for sure.
 laugh1

-Jeff

Bruce

« Reply #573 on: March 16, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »
I once had an Elvis inset (I believe from Love Me Tender) where there were lipstick kisses on the bottom of the poster, and someone had scrawled "I love you".

It did NOT lower the selling price, as the buyer thought it was a cool addition, as I did (of course, it could never increase the price, because something like this could easily be faked).

Bruce

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #574 on: March 16, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »
This auction is currently running on ebay:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290544394019&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT , for an ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN OS. I have read on NSF the threads that indicated that those posters showing no smoke rising from the car in her hand were not the genuine. Is this the case? Or were some print runs done sans smoke? The color of the car in her hand is also a lighter blue on the auction piece.

The seller states: "This very rare original 27 X 41 printed in USA poster but was made for foreign issue, to a english speaking country."

Thoughts?

Auction Image

vs:

One Sheet

-Jeff