Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2217167 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #5075 on: November 15, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »
one or two of those links are Bruce's and others are people hawking their own material Bruce is selling for them.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5076 on: November 15, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »
Charlie is right, Dave is NOT a dealer.  You are, Rich.  I think I said it a little earlier, but maybe you didn't get it.  DO NOT POST YOUR GEAR ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE ANSWERING A SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT A SPECIFIC ITEM.  

And your banner is TOO BIG.  You made it bigger than the last time we talked.

And your little feud with Bruce is really getting old.  I don't know if you realize it, but it's really making you look like a bully.  If your only participation to this forum is posting your gear, making your banner as obnoxious as can be and attacking Bruce, please, do not post anymore.  Holiday and I are BOTH tired of dealing with this shit.  We are not enjoying it, and if it means pulling the plug and shutting this whole place down, trust me, we'll do it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #5077 on: November 15, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »
Thierry

I have no "feud" with Rich. I think that is clear if you read over any and all of the threads he and/or I have posted in.

I said that I would be willing to quit posting here (except in the threads for dealers) and that made no difference.

I renew that offer. Would you like me to quit posting, except in those two threads (or quit posting at all)?

I just posted a message to Rich in the other thread. I don't understand where his feud came from, or what he is trying to accomplish.

Bruce

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5078 on: November 15, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
Charlie is right, Dave is NOT a dealer.  You are, Rich.  I think I said it a little earlier, but maybe you didn't get it.  DO NOT POST YOUR GEAR ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE ANSWERING A SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT A SPECIFIC ITEM.  

And your banner is TOO BIG.  You made it bigger than the last time we talked.

And your little feud with Bruce is really getting old.  I don't know if you realize it, but it's really making you look like a bully.  If your only participation to this forum is posting your gear, making your banner as obnoxious as can be and attacking Bruce, please, do not post anymore.  Holiday and I are BOTH tired of dealing with this shit.  We are not enjoying it, and if it means pulling the plug and shutting this whole place down, trust me, we'll do it.

T

T. I'm not trying to make trouble for either of you. I post alot in a number of subforums here with real info and it is rare that you see me post commercial shit in my threads. I think it's really unfair to single me out in this way. Moreover Bruce & others has posted links to his own stuff in this thread numerous times as David has also said. I keep my promotions to DEALER FORUM and SALES. I think that everyone should keep to that rule. You've never seen me post any of my auctions in any main board thread here and I never posted one in this thread before, but that can't be said of everyone.

Feuds.. you know, that's been 100% a two-way street and more than one member here has leveled his critique of that on the other guy, who continues to post little snide comments directed at me and others that you may not notice. I'm guessing yu don't know why Movie Poster Talk went down. I can tell you, the same person was at the center of that and it wasn't me, because though I had visited MPT, I didn't join because of the garbage I was seeing.

I'm fine with seeing this ignorance end, but your ire should be directed at everyone involved. I'm reacting to garbage. I don't make other people say the things that they say and if someone were to say something ignorant about you, I have to believe you will defend yourself. As a matter of fact, what would you and Holiday be saying if Andy was here. You have both had some pretty disparaging comments toward him and whether I agree with them is not an issue

None the less. I am only asking for the rules to be applied equally to me as to others.
I don't think you would disagree that the main board is not supposed to be used for personal promotion of any kind, save signatures and I don't believe you can accuse me of ever having used the main board commercially. My banner right now is actually only 5 pixels taller than the replacement banner I used after you asked me to edit. I will edit it again and take not of the height when I create another.

On the feud, stop both sides of it - completely - and it will be finished here.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5079 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »
Most of our active members are collectors, not dealers.
We gather here for the aesthetic appreciation of the mania..to share acquisitions, advice and knowledge.
We joke, we laugh, we mock, we stroke.... all good-natured.
APF is a friendly water hole.

But Rich, whether Bruce got your goat with his innuendos or not, you are spoiling the water.
Lighten up.  Roll with the punches.  Show some restraint. 
You don't want to be known as the 'angry auctioneer' now, do you?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5080 on: November 15, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »
A) Rich has to have the last word on everything.
B) See A.
C) See B.

Bruce, there is no threat to your operation, I would suggest to simply stop replying.

Both need to take a deep breath, step back a little and see you are going to start irritating buyers and HURTING your bottom lines.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5081 on: November 15, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »
The Mid-auction analysis thread must be the most angry thread of them all. I think it should be moved to Let It All Out section!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5082 on: November 15, 2013, 11:44:40 PM »
The Mid-auction analysis thread must be the most angry thread of them all. I think it should be moved to Let It All Out section!

Fo' Sho'

;D

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5083 on: November 16, 2013, 12:05:25 AM »
I think the Let It All Out section should be moved under this thread  :P
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5084 on: November 16, 2013, 12:16:07 AM »
I think the Let It All Out section should be moved under this thread  :P

Finally someone with some sense.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5085 on: November 16, 2013, 12:23:14 AM »
I could not agree more with Ted and Thierry.  For the first time, I broached the subject of closing down this forum because the bullshit is getting old.  And it's not just Rich and Bruce bickering.  There are a handful of others too that allow the point of this forum to get lost.  If you can't be courteous and respectful, then leave.  Please.  Any other purpose is not wanted.  It's about poster collecting.  Not about fights between them or dealers. 

Please, no plucky comments in response to this.  No "it's not me" responses.  No "I didn't start it" responses. 

End it or we will.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #5086 on: November 16, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »
Some day, and that day may never come, when you (or Mrs T) is ready to sell, I will dispatch an eMoviePoster.com truck to you, and they will load it and drive it here, and you will only pay the cost of doing so, and therefore you will have zero work (or buying of materials).

But until that day, don't consider this advice at all.

My wife is ready to sell now, Bruce.

Just got back from a week-long hearing in Massachusetts. Spotted this store on Long Island on the way back (took the ferry from Conn).  I'm thinking Bruce and Thierry/Eatbrie have already gone into business together. Hmmm....

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:06:08 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5087 on: November 16, 2013, 10:42:53 PM »
Alright- that's funny.  Lordy Lu that's Funny!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5088 on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »
I am surprised Bruce was able to negotiate the naming rights - and some of those cheeses look linenbacked - maybe Thierry is a silent partner?
Chris

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #5089 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:16 PM »
Just be sure you ask for 'large' or 'small' cheese wedges...'grande' or 'petite' will probably get you thrown out.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5090 on: November 16, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »
I like how Mel went in there to take a photo of cheese. People there may have thought he was nuts

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5091 on: November 16, 2013, 11:46:02 PM »
Just be sure you ask for 'large' or 'small' cheese wedges...'grande' or 'petite' will probably get you thrown out.

Words of wisdom
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5092 on: November 17, 2013, 12:14:14 AM »
I like how Mel went in there to take a photo of cheese. People there may have thought he was nuts

Lucky he didn't spot TED OFFAL SHACK round the corner
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5093 on: November 17, 2013, 12:30:35 AM »
Lucky he didn't spot TED OFFAL SHACK round the corner

Don't know how he missed it with the lineup around the block
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5094 on: November 17, 2013, 01:22:51 PM »
This is just STUNNING!!  bed1  bed1

A special "color-paint" enlargement poster, done by Charles Lennox Wright, of Marlene Dietrich, for her film, Blonde Venus (1932).
And to see what this poster cost to buy originally, on the PB page.. a whopping 75¢ each.  ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARLENE-DIETRICH-in-BLONDE-VENUS-1932-Ultra-rare-art-poster-by-CHARLES-WRIGHT-/321249094330?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acbf02aba

BIN: $3000.00

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #5095 on: November 17, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »
It looks like an Italian painting....Tiziano...really pretty.

Charlie

« Reply #5096 on: November 19, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
I've sent my prices on the ones I will actually bid on...  It wouldn't be accurate to speculate what I may or may not pay for stuff I may or may not really want...  But we shall see.  I've already raised one max bid price due to a beaming oversight.

Results Show...  I ended up not bidding on the other Pearl Harbor because it had exceed the $15 mark...

$134 +$15 for other PH = $149 w/o consignment fees...

With Consignment Fees: (100% minus EMP %)
Almost Famous = $82 * 70% = $57.4
Dogma = 19 * 40% = $7.6
Pearl Harbor1 = $26 *50% = $13
Pearl Harbor2 = $17 * 40% = $6.8
Somersault = $1 * 25% = $.25
Unfaithful = $9 * 34% = $3.06
My Summer of Love = $8 * 34% = $2.72

Total - Consignment Fees = $90.83

Difference = $149 - $90.83 = $58.17 a 60.95% loss...  You could have probably asked me to send you a check too...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5097 on: November 19, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »
Currently listed with a BIN of $1000.00 (999.99/obo), this very copy of The Road to Reno was only just won from the Oct 6, 2013 HA Sunday nite auction, for $173.28

http://movieposters.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=161340&lotNo=52357

A nice little markup, in just one month.  ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-THE-ROAD-TO-RENO-1SH-1-ONE-SHEET-27-X-41-ORIGINAL-MOVIE-POSTER-STYLE-A-/291019557841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c21e0bd1

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:18:59 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5098 on: November 19, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
Yeah but the seller offers free shipping!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5099 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19:58 PM »
Yeah but the seller offers free shipping!

So true... & such a deal!!

;)

-Jeff