Author Topic: We have 30 employees and that is why we do such a good job!  (Read 11280 times)

Bruce

We have 30 employees and that is why we do such a good job!
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
Unlike those other auction houses who have just three employees, we have THIRTY people at eMoviePoster.com and we have NO other business interests that require our time. This means we have the absolute best customer service there is, and treat you EXACTLY the way you want to be treated, whether you are consigning posters to us, or buying them from us in our auctions.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: We have 30 employees and that is why we do such a good job!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »
30 full time staff at any one time?

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:21:52 PM »
Unlike those other auction houses who have just three employees, we have THIRTY people at eMoviePoster.com and we have NO other business interests that require our time. This means we have the absolute best customer service there is, and treat you EXACTLY the way you want to be treated, whether you are consigning posters to us, or buying them from us in our auctions.

Somebody is riled up today. I wonder what Rich did?  Bruce, how about you get one of your thirty people to load the preview for Part III.
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:28:15 PM »
30 full time staff at any one time?

Yup. 3,000 auctions don't create themselves each week. And we are constantly improving our website, and of course we need to invoice 100 orders a day and ship them all.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »

Bruce, the insinuation that because we only have 3 employees our customer service isn't as good as yours is a complete crock of shit. Our customer service  is just fine and I don't recall anyone going on 3 different newsgroups or forums proclaiming how poorly they were treated  like this one that was originally titled "I've placed my last order at emovieposter.com" http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,4969.0.html

but really Bruce.. I mean, is this what you do when people point out incorrect statements you make on the boards in some weird attempt at boosting your ego? You should take the advice that David gave you in this post:

Welcome and it was sincere.

I guess my final point would be is that the more you talk about the opposition the more air time they get. I had a rule in my company, my sales staff were NEVER allowed to discuss openly (with customers) what the opposition was doing, how much their product was, even how it compared to us, ever. Even if a customer raised the opposition in conversation we did not discuss them. But we were extremely happy if our opposition compared us, and when they did often the customer would come running to us saying 'they said this or that etc' and that simply gave us an opportunity to sell our FaBs.

If a company is screwing over their customers in some way or another then other customers will hear about it, talk about and vote with their feet (wallet).

As a business consultant I am constantly surprised how many businesses want to do this, I have to get them to change their thinking, remove any reference they may have in printed matter, brochures (internet) etc. One must promote how good YOU are not how much better you are compared to someone else. If a business needs to point out they are better than someone else then say so, just differently, there lots of examples out there: eg "Find a business who says the are cheaper than us and we'll beat it by X%" and so on.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »

Somebody is riled up today. I wonder what Rich did?

I pointed out how the bullshit meter had overheated
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:45:52 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
Mel and Adam --- dun dun, duuuhhhh --- the sequel!

Can't we all play nice? 

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
Mel and Adam --- dun dun, duuuhhhh --- the sequel!

Can't we all play nice? 

you need to direct your pragmatism toward the instigator

-------

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 11:01:35 PM »
Not trying to get in the middle of anything here, but just wanted to say that I've had great purchasing experiences with both Rich and Bruce.
  • When I send questions to either, I get prompt responses (even when I send many emails - sorry Rich) :)
  • When I order items, they come quickly and are well packed
  • When I receive the items they are in great condition, sometimes even better than expected
Argue if you must (it makes for interesting reading and is healthy, right? ;)), but I think you both do a great job with the products you offer and the staff you employ.
We now return to the program...
Witty signature goes here.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »
you need to direct your pragmatism toward the instigator

You aren't going to like to hear this, but I guarantee you that the only people who care who started this are you and Bruce. That said, I imagine quite a few people are interested in it ending amicably cheers

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »
Bruce

This is Anna, Richie's assistant.

I'm very disappointed to read your comment. I don't know why you have a problem with Richie, but I know you have no reason at all to have a problem with me.  Over here, I do my best to make sure that all orders are handled properly and quickly. I only work a few days a week  along with my helper Valerie and I find it very hurtful that you would intimate otherwise. When you make comments trying to belittle other people, it is an example of something inside you, not something about them. I wouldn't allow my 13 year old to act like this and if he did, he wouldn't be playing his X-box for a week.

I believe you should reconsider posting such comments in the future.

Anna

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »

Thumbs up to Bruce and his team. Their customer service, packaging, courteous and fast replies to emails are second to none.

He treats all customers like he would want to be treated, and you cant ask for more than that!

clap clap clap clap

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:37:12 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Bruce

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 06:47:14 AM »
Bruce

This is Anna, Richie's assistant.

I'm very disappointed to read your comment. I don't know why you have a problem with Richie, but I know you have no reason at all to have a problem with me.  Over here, I do my best to make sure that all orders are handled properly and quickly. I only work a few days a week  along with my helper Valerie and I find it very hurtful that you would intimate otherwise. When you make comments trying to belittle other people, it is an example of something inside you, not something about them. I wouldn't allow my 13 year old to act like this and if he did, he wouldn't be playing his X-box for a week.

I believe you should reconsider posting such comments in the future.

Anna

Anna

I was simply exactly reversing what your boss wrote elsewhere, which was:

"Facts are that unlike those other auction houses, we are just 3 people at MoviePosterBid and we have other business interests that require our time"

He makes such comments regularly, and making veiled references to our business here, in the section where "no dealer in-fighting is allowed" is especially wrong. Look at the threads he starts relating to his business, and see how often I ever post on them (never), and how often I ever refer to him in any way in anything I post. Then look at the threads I start about my business and how often he posts on them, and how often he "intimates" about my business, and I grow weary of it. His recent wacky "intimation" that he needed a magnifying glass to read our consignment rates was the "straw that broke the camel's back". I went to his site to find out what HIS rates are, but the link on his site to "Consign" is broken, and has been that way for some time now.

If he wants to end this "intimating", he could stop doing it himself and I will promise to do the same. Perhaps you can pass the message along.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:55:21 AM by Bruce »

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 08:23:48 AM »
I....DON'T.....CARE....!

The fight diminishes both of you.
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:32 AM »
There is no fight. I just want the trolling to stop. I should not have a lot of my posts immediately followed by snarky comments. I never post following his comments and all I ask is the same courtesy.

Bruce

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »
Here is an email we just received from a regular buyer:

"Bruce,

Hi. We received the package. Thank you. As always, you & your team have conducted a perfect transaction from start to finish.

We sincerely appreciate your sending the items folded vs. rolled (you took the time to re-fold several items, and you even folded a very inexpensive unfolded item, at our request, so that we could have one package instead of two). We know of no other business who consistently offers top of the line services to its customers whether they spend a few dollars or thousands. You & your team deserve every accolade that can be bestowed upon you for your consistent excellence. You always conduct your business in an honorable manner & it is sincerely appreciated. We said this before & continue to say it. You & your team have no equals. You & your team are in a class by yourselves.

As always, we send you & your team our best wishes for continued success. Thank you very much."

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:59 AM »
and you even folded a very inexpensive unfolded item

Could this be that people everywhere are speaking West Plains English?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »
Ahhhhhh aha.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Bruce

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
Could this be that people everywhere are speaking West Plains English?

You would prefer "non-folded"?

Charlie

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »
So does this mean we can call Rich, Richie now?

• Post-aholic
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
"Facts are that unlike those other auction houses, we are just 3 people at MoviePosterBid and we have other business interests that require our time"

Bruce, explain how this comment is some kind of dig to you and your business.
My post makes no reference to eMovie or any other business entity. It speaks about us and only us. It doesn't speak to, degrade or insult anyone and if you think it does, you are not only reading into it things that are not there, but things that have no intention of being there. Furthermore Bruce, there is no "trolling" coming from me, though there is comment because this is a public board. Comment Bruce. Comment is something that people do when they read upon public boards - on which they are members - things they wish to debate or which they are in complete disagreement with. Like when someone says another person is lying. I recall a time when I defended YOU against such posts, for instance I defended you against Randall Peterson when he made scurrilous claims about you on MoPo and NSF some ten years ago. As a result of my defending you and subsequent back and forth, Randall announced on NSF that he wouldn't do business with me (like I care anyway). So by defending you, I lost a really good spender (I still don't care). So I'm an equal opportunity commenter and you know what, I would do it again and as a matter of fact, when Chop Top attacked you on APF & NSF in the post linked above in my initial response, I defended you and I defended Angie as well.

The concept that explaining what we do at my business is a dig to you boggles the mind and is complete and utter foolishness

Bruce, I do not hate you, I'm not against you or your business, though I am against people spreading bullshit regularly about other people in order to boost their ego or their business and I am likely to comment on a variety of things in a variety of subjects as that is what these boards are for. Yesterday you asked in one of these threads "am I not allowed to explain that people lie about their consignment rates" (may be paraphrased). The answer is "yes. you are allowed to comment. however, that does not preclude other people from also commenting in response". This is after all Bruce, a public board and we are all members.

Concerning emovie as a business, regardless of any perception to the opposite, I think you and your 30 employees do a pretty damn good job and I have never said otherwise, although I do have some opinions about how you sell some material like for instance, how I think emovie has ruined the salability of of my half of the deal I split with my friend who consigned his half to you and with the speed to which emovie has sold these titles (like the Fire Trap poster I mentioned in post auction) driving the price down from $100+ to $24 in one year's time. I know that the consignor explained not to offer them that quickly and I know he re-explained it to you in the middle of last year again. No I do not believe you did it on purpose - you did it because in some ways, your auctions on sub-$200 posters at times is like a Wal Mart sale. This is something that affected me very specifically and very obviously and you can be damn sure it was worth commenting on.

I said this last year and I will say it again. Your right to say something, anything, does not trump my right to respond and I have always been fair to you. I would never consider being unfair. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise.

This is my last word on the matter Bruce. For 45 years I have known you and for quite a long time I have considered you a friend. I still do. I'd still be happy to share beer and stories with you at Cinevent, but really this stuff attacking Heritage, attacking people like myself because we may disagree with you has got to stop. It is complete foolishness.

ps: I am posting to MY thread about broken links on MPB

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:09:44 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 02:06:13 PM »

This is my last word on the matter Bruce. For 45 years I have known you and for quite a long time I have considered you a friend. I still do. I'd still be happy to share beer and stories with you at Cinevent, but really this stuff attacking Heritage, attacking people like myself because we may disagree with you has got to stop. It is complete foolishness.

Completely agree.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 02:19:32 PM »
One thing I`ve learned from this minor back and forth is that both these guys are hugely passionate about the hobby...

Stew

Bruce

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
As usual, I am letting this person have the last word. I am done with this. If I am not attacked again, I will never post about this again.

Bruce

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
Part II of our Mini/Major goes "live" in just a few hours, and it has TONS of great items, including:

and SO much more!

And just wait until you see Part III and Part IV!