Author Topic: Lunatic Ebay Buyers  (Read 2475 times)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
Lunatic Ebay Buyers
« on: December 15, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
Lunatic eBay buyers, if you've sold on eBay long enough I'm sure you've had one or two.  I actually had a woman send me a message today saying that the item she won last night should have shipped today... It's a lot of 3 cds that she paid 7.99 for with free shipping. She could have taken the Buy it now option and bought them a week ago for $2 more!  I told her I don't know where she got the idea that it should have shipped today, especially when it says under my shipping description that I ship within 2 business days of payment, and she basically paid on the weekend, I told her it will ship Monday.  Seeing this lady lives in Florida and I'm shipping this Media Mail and it's probably going to take a week to get there I have a sinking suspicion she's going to be a large pain in my butt.  The last time I had a buyer start complaining after an auction ended was a couple years ago and it stopped me from selling because she was such a psychopath and it turned into a huge ordeal. No offense to any women members here, but the nutcase buyers I seem to run into have all been women...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:47:21 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Lunatic Ebay Buyers
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »
I've probably told it before, but one comes to mind I often laugh about is the person that won an ISHTAR daybill from me, who sent abusive emails after recieved the poster, that the movie was shit.
Sorry, I just sell the poster, not make the film, drongo.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »
I've probably told it before, but one comes to mind I often laugh about is the person that won an ISHTAR daybill from me, who sent abusive emails after recieved the poster, that the movie was shit.

If they had left you negative feedback for that, you'd have the best example of eBay nuts ever.  I had a lady a couple years back who won an item from me then started accusing me of all shorts of crap, she never paid, left me negative feedback and then like a week later came back apologizing and wanted to pay for it.  She'd left like 5 consecutive negative feedbacks for other sellers, took me a couple weeks teaming up with another seller she screwed over to get it removed, that stopped me from selling for a while, it frustrated me too much. 

I'm also tired of these people intentionally setting up new accounts and bidding or using the instant buy and never paying.  These people must really be low class that they have nothing better to do.  I've gotten to the point where I just cancel the bids, or in the cases of the Buy It Now's just file a claim and relist the item.  eBay essentially allows this crap by not letting you file a non paying bidder claim until 4 days, then once you file that you have to wait another 4 days before they penalize the account.  I'm guessing eBay doesn't require much in the way of identity anymore, back when I signed up you had to give them a credit card and you could't setup multiple accounts unless you used a different card.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »

She probably looked at the poster, thinking it a movie, stuck on one frame, with no sound...

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
Hahaha.
Or stuffed it into the VCR and it wouldn't play.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 01:14:44 AM »
Hahaha.
Or stuffed it into the VCR and it wouldn't play.

Haha!
Chris

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »

That is just double awesome.

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:25:41 AM »
I've had a couple with the one going on now nearing the top of the list.

Had one a year or so ago. A girl bought a cd then complained that it hadn't arrive the next day! She was barking things like "i bet you haven't even posted it" and "did you even have this cd in the first place?". What a looney. I told her to fuck off and refunded her 99p.

Another time a guy bought a load of door stops i had spare from a renovation and because it was £120 i said i would post them next day service.
He however took three days to pay but contacted me the following day after purchase asking why they hadn't been delivered saying "frustratingly i was told they would be mailed next day!" . I replied "frustratingly, i had to wait 3 days for payment. Did you think they would be posted without being paid for?". He left negative feedback which was removed by ebay.

My current Metropolis buyer is paving the way for new tits on ebay.

(I have just severly jarred my back while typing this so read it twice!)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »

Had one a year or so ago. A girl bought a cd then complained that it hadn't arrive the next day! She was barking things like "i bet you haven't even posted it" and "did you even have this cd in the first place?". What a looney. I told her to fuck off and refunded her 99p.

What's with women and cds...? Haha. I never heard back from my buyer when I told her nicely I didn't know why she'd thought the item should have been mailed the next day and that I would ship it the first of the week.  Did a little looking into her prior feedback and she's left a negative and a neutral feedback to two sellers in past, and not for anything they did, just because she didn't think the product she bought from them worked... appears she's a college girl as well, I guess no surprise.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »
Technology is like...hard...and stuff...
Chris