Author Topic: Isn't the Walking Dead the best show on TV?  (Read 17560 times)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
Isn't the Walking Dead the best show on TV?
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:53:16 AM »

Geez, every episode just keeps getting better and better. I thought the series lost a little steam after the first year, but season 3 has been action packed.  The storylines are just so well written. At first, I thought the Michon character was kind of hokey, but she has turned out to be one of my favorites.

I cannot imagine free TV getting any better than the Walkind Dead.  The first handful seasons of The Sopranos is the only thing that comes close in my opinion, and that was on HBO.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Re: Isn't the Walking Dead the best show on TV?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »
No it isn't.

Breaking bad is.  ;D

Juli

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:38:18 PM »
I agree. The Walking Dead is my favorite show. I also really like Michonne.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
Walking Dead and Homeland is the best TV has to offer.

By far.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Charlie

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
Modern Family, Big Bang, and Walking Dead...

I still record Bones but that show sucks now...  And always have the my SVU on stand-by...  I started watching Revolution and Elementary but it just didn't stick.

I miss House MD.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:39:47 PM »
TV is so competitive, especially with same night numbers being drastically reduced by DVR +3 or DVR +7.  666 Park Avenue and Last Resort were axed on Friday.  Two of my best friends worked very hard on 666.  They now have to find the next best thing.

I don't see too many new shows from this season making it into the next season...  Revolution for sure.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

od_sf

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
In my opinion, "Sherlock" with Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman is the best show on TV at the moment.

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
Breaking Bad (Have to wait until summer 2013 to see how that ends)
Sons Of Anarchy (Getting a little stale now with everyone lying to everyone else)
Boardwalk Empire (Again, getting a little boring)
The Big Bang Theory
Homeland

And the Seinfeld Re-runs on Sky Atlantic. (Always good. "Mulva", cracks me up!)

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »
Nope, it's still the Wally George show.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 02:33:13 AM »
The Walking Dead is a very good show interrupted by moments of sensationally bad writing.  Sherlock is good fun, but needs more interesting cases and a better actor playing Moriarty.  Downton Abbey is quality melodrama.

Best on TV - I can't speak to Homeland, but I doubt anything that they've done could come close to the 3rd and 4th seasons of Breaking Bad.

Mad Men, while not as consistent as it once was, can still hit single episodes out of the park.

As for comedy, Community is in a class by itself.  Parks & Rec, particularly the Ron Swanson character, is very good, as well.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 04:09:15 AM »
Alf, perfect strangers, highway to heaven, littlest hobo, simon and simon, all first class.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
 Geez, every episode just keeps getting better and better. I thought the series lost a little steam after the first year, but season 3 has been action packed.  The storylines are just so well written. At first, I thought the Michon character was kind of hokey, but she has turned out to be one of my favorites.

I cannot imagine free TV getting any better than the Walkind Dead.  The first handful seasons of The Sopranos is the only thing that comes close in my opinion, and that was on HBO.
Brian

Don't watch too much or you'll start believing......

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58f_1353372234
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:08:05 AM by Hallucination Generation »

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 03:57:02 PM »
Alf, perfect strangers, highway to heaven, littlest hobo, simon and simon, all first class.

Alf was ahead of its time.  Perfect Strangers was gay. Highway to Heaven was a Sunday night favorite. Littlest Hobo don't remember. Simon and Simon was way underappreciated. It used to come on CBS after Magnum PI. I always thought Simon and Simon was the better of the two shows.  I guess it was the Mike Post theme song to Magnum PI that put it over the top.   ;D

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
Gay? I guess incestuos also then.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »
Gay? I guess incestuos also then.

I meant gay as in Justin Beiber gay.

Brian

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 02:09:16 AM »

I meant gay as in Justin Beiber gay.

Brian

Did he come out? I heard he got dumped, that could be why, maybe also why he vomited on stage, all those girls drooling over him..?
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »

Ari, not gay as in San Francisco gay, but more like gay is in ridiculously stupid.

Brian

guest8

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »
I'm still diggin' Homeland ..

I am not feeling this season of Walking Dead it seems slow to me along with Boardwalk and I used to love Sons of Anarchy but it's lost it's impact with me .. its the same shit every season. Some other solid (albeit not GREAT!) shows .. 2 Broke Girls, Comic Book Men, Blue Bloods, New Girl, Good Wife, Parenthood, Chicago Fire and Scandal.

I am waiting to see how some of the next season shows turn out like .. Californication, Suits, Shameless (US), Newsroom, Justified, House of Lies, Girls, Game of thrones!, Falling Skies, Cougartown, Community and the new show 1600 Penn.

spazz

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »

I wasn't aware The Littlest Hobo made it past the Canadian border let alone to the other side of the globe. Simon & Simon was awesome as was Magnum PI & The A-Team but The Equalizer was the supreme best. I'm digging The Walking Dead but Burn Notice is the best of the newer shows IMO. SOA is OK but the one thing that bugs me is the lack of female flesh in a so called "biker" show, dudes asses left & right.......what about the ass of the female variety for those of us that are hetro, hell I even think when they show female strippers they're fully clothed!!!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
I like Game of Thrones.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »
Ari, not gay as in San Francisco gay, but more like gay is in ridiculously stupid.

Brian

I was being deliberately difficult, I know it's because I am a grumpy old man, but I hate the way kids use the term nowadays, taking what had become a positive and empowering word and turning it into a negative. Just a pet hate. Carry on, but I will continue to be
I've this term in its new form exists.

Re Littlest Hobo, it's great, I have them in DVD. Me and my friend are planning a series of short films loosely based on it, THES A VOICE, THAT KEEPS ON CALLING ME........

Oh and Equaliser also is great, especially the song by Stewart Copeland.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »
IIRC when the term first started appearing it was spelled 'ghey', I think 'gay' as in 'ghey' is simply lazy slang by the txt generation. And while Gay indeed maybe empowering for some people today you have to remember it meant something completely different not too many years ago and now the new fans of the Flintstones are very confused...
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 11:13:21 PM »
I'd say not completely different, but something to aspire to and still something to aspire to for many gay people.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »
No it isn't.

Breaking bad is.  ;D

Agreed, with Game of Thrones close behind.  I'd put Homeland and The Walking Dead in a tie for third, but still great shows.  After that, Justified, Fringe, Supernatural, and Strike Back in no particular order

My biggest surprise from all of these is that Claire Danes is hot.  Before, I thought the was mildly cute, but she has aged very well.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 12:02:03 AM »
I'm enjoying Doc Martin, it's more my pace.
An Error Has Occurred!