Author Topic: People on ebay who can't come up with their own listings.  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
People on ebay who can't come up with their own listings.
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
Three different sellers on ebay have now been copying my listings, pretty much word for word and taking my photos but cropping them.
I reported the listings to ebay as they encourage you to do, but nothing happened. What a surprise.

So to deal with it myself i bid on one for £100 (after i saw it had an opening bid for £10) so that it wouldn't sell, but it did, for £102!
Fucking newbie actually bid twice over the £100 mark to make sure they won it.

Thing is, my poster was cheaper.
 hitself

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: People on ebay who can't come up with their own listings.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »
Maybe the seller used a shill, and won.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
Typical, I see it all the time, gave up reporting them years ago. What I dont like is a buyer may associate the listing as another id for me.

guest8

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 01:12:43 PM »
Typical, I see it all the time, gave up reporting them years ago. What I dont like is a buyer may associate the listing as another id for me.

I remember I saw someone who ripped off your listing and even left your email address in the "Contact" link within the body of the listing and I gave you a shout out asking about your "multiple accounts" :P

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »
I recently bought an imax poster and the seller copped all of Dave's language in his listing.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »
I recently bought an imax poster and the seller copped all of Dave's language in his listing.

I see this quite a lot actually...
Chris

guest4208

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:27:26 PM »
This does happen a lot. You can add html code to your listing to disable the right click and copy function and that will discourage most people.

Some sellers think that adding an eBay watermark will stop people copying their photos but the watermark only applies to the photo on the listing page. When you enlarge the photo, the watermark disappears.

Adding your own watermark may result in problems under the new image policy rules that are coming soon.

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 08:46:59 AM »
This does happen a lot. You can add html code to your listing to disable the right click and copy function and that will discourage most people.

I will try that, thanks.

I got a warning from ebay for telling those sellers to "come up with their own fucking listings".  ;D