Author Topic: I was mad at eMoviePoster but it's all over now  (Read 63158 times)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
I was mad at eMoviePoster but it's all over now
« on: September 20, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »
Yes, it's was apparently a matter of time. Emovieposter.com has waited 2 weeks after my payment and apparently my order is stuck in a shipping queue waiting on a shipping quote what ever the frick this means? Horrendous service this time around Bruce! 2 weeks after payment and still no sign of shipping is ridiculous! No more money from me, sad to say, sad to say...well not really sad.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:22:27 PM by brude »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Well, I've placed my last order on emovieposter.com...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »
I would rarely write something like this, but of all people to level this complaint against, Bruce does not deserve it.  He's the kind of guy that will personally go to the shipping room and find the tube, pull it out, and carry it to the post office himself.

I don't know who you were dealing with over there, but I would not go nuts with it.  Bruce will figure it out.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:37:21 PM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Charlie

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 02:50:37 PM »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »
Despite me being in constant communication by email with them and having them respond to me accordingly and understandingly about when I'll send payment (I already paid 2 weeks ago-3 weeks from my last won item), Angie's comment to me was "well, since you weren't in that big of a hurry to pay, we decided we wouldn't be in a hurry to send out your order". I was floored. I've placed around 7 or 8 orders with them most over $100 each. Nuff said though, I'm done.

P.S. After my payment of $105.00 was sent by PayPal on Sept 7th, I was emailed an auto-reply on Sept 12th, that said "thanks for your payment of the following items, etc, we'll send your order right out"... I reference this email and was told by Angie, it was an auto-email (5 days later is auto?) and that they didn't have the time to change the wording for customers that paid late! Fuck me.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:57:19 PM by Chop-Top »

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »
There ARE two sides to every story!

This person waited FOUR weeks after he won to pay for his items, and as ALL OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW, You need to pay within two weeks to get our "flat rate" shipping, which costs us a fortune, but which we give both to reward good customers and to strongly encourage them to pay within the two week time frame (because in that time we have auctioned 5,000 items).

But this person chose to wait FOUR weeks and then simply send the flat rate shipping of $11. Our automated system sent him an e-mail saying "we will send your item right out" because, in the past, no one who sent the wrong amount has later complained when we discovered their error and e-mailed them saying "We need X amount of money because you did not send enough".

So when our invoicer discovered this person had not sent the right amount, they correctly sent an email saying that we needed to find out the exact shipping cost, and they would be emailed that.

Now unfortunately, this fell right after we had our major auction, and we have 550 shipping quotes to get. So yes, there was a delay.

Then this person called a short while ago, and yelled at the person on the phone, and after he said "You people are all assholes", she hung up on him (per my instructions) because this happens once in several thousand phone calls, and I do not pay them enough to take abuse like this.

I will now send out the order for the incorrect amount, and this person will never order from us again.

End of story!

P.S. THIS is exactly the sort of situation I added the "Hershenson Help Hotline" for. All this person had to do is call me at any point in this story, and as Holiday points out, I would have quickly resolved it.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
There ARE two sides to every story!

This person waited FOUR weeks after he won to pay for his items, and as ALL OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW, You need to pay within two weeks to get our "flat rate" shipping, which costs us a fortune, but which we give both to reward good customers and to strongly encourage them to pay within the two week time frame (because in that time we have auctioned 5,000 items).

But this person chose to wait FOUR weeks and then simply send the flat rate shipping of $11. Our automated system sent him an e-mail saying "we will send your item right out" because, in the past, no one who sent the wrong amount has later complained when we discovered their error and e-mailed them saying "We need X amount of money because you did not send enough".

So when our invoicer discovered this person had not sent the right amount, they correctly sent an email saying that we needed to find out the exact shipping cost, and they would be emailed that.

Now unfortunately, this fell right after we had our major auction, and we have 550 shipping quotes to get. So yes, there was a delay.

Then this person called a short while ago, and yelled at the person on the phone, and after he said "You people are all assholes", she hung up on him (per my instructions) because this happens once in several thousand phone calls, and I do not pay them enough to take abuse like this.

I will now send out the order for the incorrect amount, and this person will never order from us again.

End of story!

P.S. THIS is exactly the sort of situation I added the "Hershenson Help Hotline" for. All this person had to do is call me at any point in this story, and as Holiday points out, I would have quickly resolved it.

Wrong. First it was 3 three weeks from my last "win" not a month and I was told in emails that it would be ok to wait and send payment on x-date, etc. Also I was sent three or 4 emails telling me how much I owed (x amount). I paid what I was told I owed. I'm not sure about the "every customer knows b.s." but I was never sent and email, nor "knew", about the shipping rule price change, though I'm sure it's on the site some where. It's not hard to realize that this site has had numerous "outages" etc, down times, unfunctionality of payments checkouts, etc for months on end. And now they say that auto-mated emails that are sent out "5 days" later have the wrong verbiage? EVEN IF I WAS SO WRONG IN PAYING SO LATE, THE TONE OF YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SNIDE COMMENTS WAS UNEXUSABLE. What a joke. Oh what's that about excuses for your "auctions"? Whatever. I called Angie an asshole after you said what she said. Another thing, I never received any EMAIL REGARDING CORRECTED SHIPPING. ANOTHER LIE.

Charlie

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
Dude, you called a woman an 'asshole'?  You're a prick...  Call Bruce an 'asshole' but not a woman. No sir... That is just disgusting IMO.  Poor taste - unacceptable even. 

Plus this is your screw up - YOU PAID LATE! 

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 03:33:23 PM »
Final EMP update: "ATTENTION: Account Suspended

Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator for further information."

Makin' it right all right!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:33:39 PM by Chop-Top »

Freefall

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »
Despite me being in constant communication by email with them and having them respond to me accordingly and understandingly about when I'll send payment (I already paid 2 weeks ago-3 weeks from my last won item), Angie's comment to me was "well, since you weren't in that big of a hurry to pay, we decided we wouldn't be in a hurry to send out your order". I was floored. I've placed around 7 or 8 orders with them most over $100 each. Nuff said though, I'm done.

How many times has this happened in the 8-9 times you ordered from them? If this was the first time and it happened to me, I, personally, will just chalk it up to Bruce finally having a bad shipping week. And then I move on and wait for my awesome poster. But that's just me. And with regards to Angies' comment, it sounded like a quid pro quo quip to me. Not saying it was the right response but sure is something that I would say if the other person on the line was being unreasonable rude (allegedly).

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »
Dude, you called a woman an 'asshole'?  You're a prick...  Call Bruce an 'asshole' but not a woman. No sir... That is just disgusting IMO.  Poor taste - unacceptable even.  

Plus this is your screw up - YOU PAID LATE!  

I said you all are a bunch of assholes TO ANGIE in response to her COMMENT. Split hairs if you want, but not only was I a paying customer, I was a two-week old paying customer, repeated customer, who's has been lied to and treated with bad customer service before any of that was said.

P.S. Let me set the record straight for the 12th time, I wasn't "rude" until I was being fed lies about emails that I was supposedly sent telling me my order was on hold, etc (never got one) and also that I was refunded my incorrect shipping charge (I wasn't) and that I would be billed later the correct amount. My "rudeness" kicked in after all of this. BTW, EVEN if I was solely to blame (I'm not) and I wasn't treated with etrocioius customer service (I was), there is sill no need to "not take care of the customer". I've seen far worse done to a csr and have the csr calm customers down, etc. This was no where near that kind of situation, but yet I was treated the way I was.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:39:18 PM by Chop-Top »

Charlie

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »
I called Angie an asshole after you said what she said.

Sorry if I got that mixed up...    I've gotten angry a few times too (not at them though - those stupid bank people bring out the worst in me)  I think you may have just been blind sided by the e-mail mix ups.  EMP does say you can wait longer but it would be for actual shipping pretty much everywhere...  I've called in frantically a day late or two (until I found autopay program happy1) and they were nice enough to ship it out under their flat rate...

You thought you paid but you were wrong. No reason to go postal...  I don't think anyone on this forum is going to be in your corner unless they have a competing business - I am sure MPE will chime in with a 'you can buy from me' spiel... But honestly you just got banned from the best service oriented movie poster dealer that I know of. 

Result = Your Loss.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
How many times has this happened in the 8-9 times you ordered from them? If this was the first time and it happened to me, I, personally, will just chalk it up to Bruce finally having a bad shipping week. And then I move on and wait for my awesome poster. But that's just me. And with regards to Angies' comment, it sounded like a quid pro quo quip to me. Not saying it was the right response but sure is something that I would say if the other person on the line was being unreasonable rude (allegedly).

That was the Exact point of my phone call, to make sure everything was all right. I even sent an email just before the phone call checking up on my order since I hadn't received any communication since the Sept 12th, "we'll sent your order right out" email. I called to make sure it'd be here soon, and I was immediately treated from a defensive stance from the operator who was someone who answered before Angie and for whatever reason she couldn't explain her lies to me correctly about my order was on hold (never knew) and that I was refunded shipping (never was) and was then transferred to Angie. THAT'S THE WHOLE GD POINT. I DIDN'T CALL TO BE RUDE, I CALLED FOR A "STATUS REPORT" ONLY AS I WAS SURE IT WAS A SIMPLE EXPLANATION, BUT IT BECAME A CONVOLUTED PIECE OF NONSENSE. I've even praised EMP on this very forum, so you can imagine what I must have gone through to now complain. Oh yeah, this was ALSO MY FIRST EVER ATTEMPT TO CALL THEM. I was sure I was going to receive FANTASTIC SERVICE. Huh.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:47:15 PM by Chop-Top »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 03:44:08 PM »
Sorry if I got that mixed up...    I've gotten angry a few times too (not at them though - those stupid bank people bring out the worst in me)  I think you may have just been blind sided by the e-mail mix ups.  EMP does say you can wait longer but it would be for actual shipping pretty much everywhere...  I've called in frantically a day late or two (until I found autopay program happy1) and they were nice enough to ship it out under their flat rate...

You thought you paid but you were wrong. No reason to go postal...  I don't think anyone on this forum is going to be in your corner unless they have a competing business - I am sure MPE will chime in with a 'you can buy from me' spiel... But honestly you just got banned from the best service oriented movie poster dealer that I know of. 

Result = Your Loss.

Not sure what you mean by "you thought you paid but were wrong". I was sent a reply email to MY PAYMENT BY PAYPAL OF $105.00. >>???

Freefall

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »
That was the Exact point of my phone call, to make sure everything was all right. I even sent an email just before the phone call checking up on my order since I hadn't received any communication since the Sept 12th, "we'll sent your order right out" email. I called to make sure it'd be here soon, and I was immediately treated from a defensive stance from the operator who was someone who answered before Angie and for whatever reason she couldn't explain her lies to me correctly about my order was on hold (never knew) and that I was refunded shipping (never was) and was then transferred to Angie. THAT'S THE WHOLE GD POINT. I DIDN'T CALL TO BE RUDE, I CALLED FOR A "STATUS REPORT" ONLY AS I WAS SURE IT WAS A SIMPLE EXPLANATION, BUT IT BECAME A CONVOLUTED PIECE OF NONSENSE. I've even praised EMP on this very forum, so you can imagine what I must have gone through to now complain. Oh yeah, this was ALSO MY FIRST EVER ATTEMPT TO CALL THEM. I was sure I was going to receive FANTASTIC SERVICE. Huh.

Well, that's too bad. I wish you spoke to the big man himself after that conversation with Angie.

Charlie

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »

So you sent monies for the flat rate two weeks late...  But since you were two weeks late they then actually weigh the items and charge you actual shipping.  Therefore you should have gotten a second e-mail about needing a shipping quote.  SO my understand is that you sent $105 but its would eventually be $105 plus additional ship because you thought Bruce and his consignor were a lending institution...   

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »
Well, that's too bad. I wish you spoke to the big man himself after that conversation with Angie.

Bah, I don't agree with the whole different pieces of a company providing different service. If I was treated this way, after not only paying, but paying repeatedly in the past, from a first time phone call. I could care less what Bruce would or could have done. I have higher principles that that.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »
So you sent monies for the flat rate two weeks late...  But since you were two weeks late they then actually weigh the items and charge you actual shipping.  Therefore you should have gotten a second e-mail about needing a shipping quote.  SO my understand is that you sent $105 but its would eventually be $105 plus additional ship because you thought Bruce and his consignor were a lending institution...  

My order was $94 + $11 shipping = $105.
That's what I've said 8 times, I never received any email other than the "WE'LL SEND YOUR ORDER RIGHT OUT" email on the 12th, it's now the 20th. I swear this is a customer service nightmare from hell. Good job EMP.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:53:49 PM by Chop-Top »

Charlie

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »
Oh yeah, this was ALSO MY FIRST EVER ATTEMPT TO CALL THEM. I was sure I was going to receive FANTASTIC SERVICE. Huh.

Sometimes I just call to hear Angie's voice...   mesmrized

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 03:56:06 PM »
Email from them on Sept 4th:

"IMPORTANT! This is an automated e-mail to inform you it has been four weeks after the below auctions closed and that it is time to pay for your order." No mention of re-calculated shipping, etc. BTW, it was 4 weeks from my first win, not my combined most recent order, which I was told I could wait to pay for all at once (3 weeks after last win).

Here's the last email I SENT THEM BEFORE MY SEPT 7TH PAYMENT in response to above email:

"At 05:20 PM 9/4/2012, you wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed payment. I'll be paying this Thurs night when my paycheck goes through for all 3 items

Thanks, Ryan!  We will send your order right out as soon as we receive your payment.  If, after you receive your purchase, you are happy with what you got and the service you received, that is great. But please know that if you are not 100% happy (for any reason), please contact us with what you is making you unhappy, and we'll do whatever it takes to make you happy (and we have 19 solid years of happy transactions to back up what we say!).
"

Sept 12th receipt email:

"At 02:59 PM 9/7/2012, you wrote:

> 2653378 2y386 EXCALIBUR insert '81 John Boorman, cool medieval fantasy sword artwork by Bob Peak! $57.00 0763FF STARMAN int'l sparks 1sh '84 John Carpenter, alien Jeff Bridges & Allen in rain of sparks! $10.00 3b491 AUSTIN POWERS: INT'L MAN OF MYSTERY teaser DS British quad '97 $27.00

Thanks for ordering from eMoviePoster.com!  We will send your order right out.  If, after you receive your purchase, you are happy with what you got and the service you received, that is great. But please know that if you are not 100% happy (for any reason), please contact us with what is making you unhappy, and we'll do whatever it takes to make you happy (and we have 21 solid years of happy transactions to back up what we say!). "
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:59:08 PM by Chop-Top »

Charlie

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
My order was $94 + $11 shipping = $105.
That's what I've said 8 times, I never received any email other than the "WE'LL SEND YOUR ORDER RIGHT OUT" email on the 12th, it's now the 20th. I swear this is a customer service nightmare from hell. Good job EMP.

This has always been a problem for you Chop - 'logic'.  You don't get the $11 ship if you pay two weeks late.  You get $94 + 'actual shipping'.  Which isn't $105...  So they would then have to determine the actual cost to ship (putting the order on hold), refund your $11, add the 'actual shipping' to get your total, send you another e-mail saying pay us you cheap bastard, get paid (which may have taken another 4-weeks), then ship it out.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »
This has always been a problem for you Chop - 'logic'.  You don't get the $11 ship if you pay two weeks late.  You get $94 + 'actual shipping'.  Which isn't $105...  So they would then have to determine the actual cost to ship (putting the order on hold), refund your $11, add the 'actual shipping' to get your total, send you another e-mail saying pay us you cheap bastard, get paid (which may have taken another 4-weeks), then ship it out.

Thanks for the collectivist slur #$%%. But as you have not been reading my posts, I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS RULE NOR WAS SENT ANY EMAILS AT ALL REGARDING ADJUSTED SHIPPING OR AN ORDER ON "HOLD" even two weeks after my "false" payment amount. I found this out by surprise today by phone call HENCE THE BADDDDD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I honestly thought they were just going to provide me a tracking update and say it should be there by X-date. etc. but instead received this.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:04:04 PM by Chop-Top »

Charlie

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
Thanks for the collectivist slur #$%%. But as you have not been reading my posts, I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS RULE NOR WAS SENT ANY EMAILS AT ALL REGARDING ADJUSTED SHIPPING even two weeks after my "false" payment amount.

[delete because he deleted 'fucker'] thanks man for being nice...

http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=usshipping&id=14

NOTE: The above U.S. flat rate shipping is good for two weeks after you win item(s) from us. If you don't pay for your item(s) within that two week time frame, you must pay the actual cost of shipping your order (we do this as an incentive to get people to pay more quickly). This is so that we can keep shipping orders in a timely fashion (otherwise, our warehouse quickly fills with unshipped orders!). Therefore, we need your exact mailing address so that we can get you shipping quotes for your exact order. If it is after two weeks, Request Your Shipping Quote Here. We will e-mail you your shipping quote as soon as it is ready, typically within a few days.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:05:04 PM by Charlie »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »
[delete because he deleted 'fucker'] thanks man for being nice...

http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=usshipping&id=14

NOTE: The above U.S. flat rate shipping is good for two weeks after you win item(s) from us. If you don't pay for your item(s) within that two week time frame, you must pay the actual cost of shipping your order (we do this as an incentive to get people to pay more quickly). This is so that we can keep shipping orders in a timely fashion (otherwise, our warehouse quickly fills with unshipped orders!). Therefore, we need your exact mailing address so that we can get you shipping quotes for your exact order. If it is after two weeks, Request Your Shipping Quote Here. We will e-mail you your shipping quote as soon as it is ready, typically within a few days.

Yet again, you prove you aren't reading my posts. I said above I wasn't aware, but "I was sure it was on the site somewhere". Are you that egg headed? Really?

Even STILL if this IS buried on the site or is "official policy all buyers know about??" then that still doesn't explain the lack of updates or emails I should have gotten about order status, corrected shipping amount, on hold etc. and SURE AS SHIT doesn't explain the lack of customer service skills on the front line of EMP phones.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:07:38 PM by Chop-Top »

Charlie

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »
As always, I've had my fill Chop... Best of luck.

Pause and reflect.  In certain ways, both of you guys could have handled it better...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:09:29 PM by Charlie »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »
As always I've had my fill Chop... Best of luck.

There's is no luck needed, I've been banned as a customer, even though I said I wouldn't be buying again. Thanks anyway. Alas, what does that say when a business responds to clearly upset customer who has at the very least, some ground to stand on, by banning them? feelings hurt EMP? sounds like it, but know what? Good customer service doesn't allow for "feelings to be hurt", a matured business has learned to grow beyond that.