Author Topic: I dream of eBay expanding this new policy to movie posters as well!  (Read 1935 times)

Bruce

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y12/m01/i20/s02

eBay Bans Listings for Replica Coins

I dream of eBay expanding this new policy to movie posters as well!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: I dream of eBay expanding this new policy to movie posters as well!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:34:37 AM »
Sounds like the poster hobby would need a body like the PNG (Professional Numismatists Guild) who will always be trawling ebay for counterfeits and advise ebay to remove the listings. Is that the scenario?

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:46:58 AM »
I actually see selling repro posters as a feature for us collectors.  Known and marked repros are low cost alternatives for the casual amateur who just wants to tape a poster to his wall.

The way I see it, this helps keep the prices down and the long term supply up on legitimate posters.  Good for collectors, maybe not so good for dealers.

What is a problem is repros that are not identified as such or ar listed as originals.  Those would not go away with a ban and would probably increase.
-Jay-

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
Yes, the issue is reproductions advertised as originals or clogging up the originals category
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »
Rest assured EBay will do nothing to stop con artists like Tloce who sell repros as originals. Whenever somebody leaves negative feedback stating the posters were reprints, he calls EBay and they delete that feedback because he brings in revenue.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:47:49 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »