Author Topic: Everybody snipes  (Read 6029 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Everybody snipes
« on: December 09, 2011, 11:10:59 AM »
That's it, it's official... everybody snipes.  I have been a big proponent of sniping, which really is the only way to bid.  And it seems that everybody is doing it on Ebay these days.  I've lost a lot of stuff within the last 3 seconds... two posters this morning alone, but I know the tally would have been much bigger if people had overbid each other to no end.  Some still do, but they always get killed at the end, so they will eventually learn.  Sure, the seller gets less, but I'm a buyer, so I really don't give a shit.

T
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:11:47 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Everybody snipes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »
I've never Sniped, wouldn't even know where to get the program from. If an auction is finishing and I'm about, and really want the poster, I can put the bid on in the last few seconds, no problem; But these days I will put a bid on, and if I win, I win. If not there's many other posters to buy out there, in fact far too many to buy, I just don't have enough money.

Getting too obsessive with a certain poster, only makes you pay more for it. I like to get a bargain, so I pluck what is ripe. Not what will bankrupt me...  Some on here need to relax and enjoy collecting, it's not a competitive sport....   
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »
I agree, which is why I snipe.  I set it up and forget about it.  Sometimes I want to do it myself, because I'm around and I don't want to pay the sniping fees, but most of the time I don't.  Plus, I have more than 2,000 posters on my want list, so one more or one less doesn't make a bit of difference.  They pretty much all come back anyways.

T
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:50:23 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 11:53:03 AM »
I agree the set it up and forget it sounds Jollyfine, but fee's.... I didn't know you had to pay for sniping. How much does it cost? just curious...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:06:22 PM »
I don't know...  Something.  I pay $93 every other month or so for sniping, but I buy a lot.
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:13:47 PM »
Yikes,  :o $93, that's another poster.... or several newish one's.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
I agree the set it up and forget it sounds Jollyfine, but fee's.... I didn't know you had to pay for sniping. How much does it cost? just curious...

There are free sniping programs... Try Gixen. There is even one that works on both eBay and HA, but I'm forgetting the name.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »
I don't know...  Something.  I pay $93 every other month or so for sniping, but I buy a lot.

Paying for snipes is silly.  www.gavelsnipe.com
Works with eBay and Heritage - and will work with the upcoming www.MoviePosterExchange.com
And it's FREE
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
A more precise inaugural date?  ;D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
I don't like change and I like my snipping program where I've already set up my 6 EBay accounts, so I'll stick to it.  Plus, I'm extremely lazy.
My Personal Collection

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »
I don't like change and I like my snipping program where I've already set up my 6 EBay accounts, so I'll stick to it.  Plus, I'm extremely lazy.

Yes, always better to keep paying $500+ a year than to spend ten minutes setting up a totally free one (that works with multiple sites).
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »
It's called sharing the wealth, Ted, a concept completely foreign to you people, I know.
My Personal Collection

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
Ted? You have threads all mixed up T!  ;D
Matias

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »

Sean probably should have replied in French.
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 02:55:51 PM »
I've never Sniped, wouldn't even know where to get the program from. If an auction is finishing and I'm about, and really want the poster, I can put the bid on in the last few seconds, no problem; But these days I will put a bid on, and if I win, I win. If not there's many other posters to buy out there, in fact far too many to buy, I just don't have enough money.

Getting too obsessive with a certain poster, only makes you pay more for it. I like to get a bargain, so I pluck what is ripe. Not what will bankrupt me...  Some on here need to relax and enjoy collecting, it's not a competitive sport....   

A poster-collecting philosophy that I heartily subscribe too.
Well said, Mr. Waines.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »

No, that's aimed at me.  Eatmybrie has a bug up his ass about politics and his hatred is befouling more than one poster thread on this forum.
You should keep your anti-Conservative barbs in the appropriate thread before they're moved and/or deleted.  wynk
And if that ain't good enough for ya, strip me of my moderator title and ban me.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 03:03:18 PM »

Yeah, you're right :). I'm on my iPhone, sitting in the sun, I can't see ecerything, and it sounded so much like something Ted would have said that I wanted to play with him.

My bad.
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 03:21:37 PM »
I'm on my iPhone, sitting in the sun...

Capitalist pig.  wynk

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
Sniping to me is just as sleazy as it is in Call Of Duty...Mfudders..
If anyone here out snipes me this weekend,i may turn into an A**hole...be warned  ;D

Stew

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 04:15:48 PM »
sitting in the sun

You`re gonna get your ass badly burnt then.
Matias

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »
You`re gonna get your ass badly burnt then.

wynk

It's like 80 degrees today in L.A.  Really nice day.  Yes, I will have a cigar later on.  Then tonight, I'm seeing The Artist.  Really excited about this one.

My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »
Thierry, this thread isn't one of your better moments, but you are still one of my favorite Frenchmen I have ever 'met'.

Hope you are doing well, let me know if you would like other avenues for your sharing.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 03:00:50 AM »
Is that the title to the follow up book to "Everybody poops" ?

It isnt ??

Pie on my face then :P

Charlie

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 08:42:10 AM »
My first thought was; "yeah, so?" 

Remember that saying about getting tail:  "If you start choosing, you start losing"

Same with posters:  "I you ain't sniping, you'll always be griping"

Bruce

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 09:39:28 AM »