Author Topic: Seller question  (Read 11753 times)

tstatum

Seller question
« on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
Anyone have any experience with dafisj2 on eBay? He sells Belgians.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: Seller question
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »
A few days ago I purchased a poster (not on ebay, but through his site). Everything seems to go well.
When I get the poster, I`ll be able to tell you about his packing and service...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »
Not me, Tim.
I checked his feedback and I would suggest asking for a pic of the poster before purchase.
Notice two of his 7 negs (from 5 buyers) claimed that the poster they received had writing on them and were NOT the items pictured.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dafisj2&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

tstatum

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »
Well as always I ask after I purchase.  If its not as picture it seam he is compliant with a full refund. But  40 USD for a Belgium CHL sounded to good to be true. Only Time will tell. I'd rather receive a mis-graded original then a perfect fake.   

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »
Had no problem with a single transaction to the US.

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
I've had a boat load of problems with him, a total wanker of the first order.  He tried to Rip me off twice, and I vowed never to use him again, and I haven't.

He has a few reasonable pieces, but The hassle I can do without. It's just not worth it....
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
Damn Paul! That`s not what I need to hear while I expect a package from him...  :o
Matias

tstatum

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 07:30:31 PM »
Maybe I'll get lucky???

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
My fingers are crossed for you guy's, but don't be surprised if you have to wait many weeks after filling complaints with Ebay, and Paypal, And sending many a threatening email to him. I have been told (by a couple of collectors) quite a few of his posters are re-pro's, or later re-release's. He does use generic photo's for his selling as he as many Copies of the same poster, which is a bit disconcerting.

There are other outlets for Belgian posters and he isn't one I would choose again... 

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
I've heard that he even fucks up Belgian waffles.
These poor kids had diarrhea for weeks...

wynk

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »
I've heard that he even fucks up Belgian waffles.

Oh man, I love those!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:39:13 PM by 110x75 »
Matias

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
I've had a boat load of problems with him, a total wanker of the first order.  He tried to Rip me off twice, and I vowed never to use him again, and I haven't.

He has a few reasonable pieces, but The hassle I can do without. It's just not worth it....

What was the exact issue with you Paul? Did he send the posters or not? Bad packing? Misdescription?
You got me worried as I purchased the poster directly through his site, so an ebay complaint is not possible in my case....

This is the one I got

Matias

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
The posters from him never turned up, so I emailed him and the excuse was he's been in hospital.... I email again a week later and the excuse was the postal service is slow, and was answered by a different person who "forgot" the hospital excuse. After a month I emailed again and got, been away visiting family and are just catching up with the orders..... after 5 weeks it was " we sent it weeks ago, you should of had it by now. So they had totally forgot all the other excuse's. at this point I informed Ebay, and Paypal, and left negative feedback.

They still kept saying, through the ebay mediation process they sent them from day one, which was different to the excuses I was getting in the first place. After leaving the negative feedback, I told them I was going to also "out" them on a couple of Poster forums if the posters didn't turn up in the next week, which they did, 7 weeks late And the date on the parcel was two days before I received it.

They told lies from start to finish, I don't think they were going to send the posters, just take the money and run.  Part of the conversation I had with them before bidding was about if they were genuine first release posters...  maybe they weren't, and had to get them from somewhere, I still don't know why all the hassle. The posters they sent weren't the one's in their photo's on ebay, to which they said "we use generic photo's it saves time".... So lazy and slipshod also.

I do hope yours works out fine Matias, but as for me I won't use them again.    
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:28:47 PM by paul waines »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »
Thanks for the information Paul, even though it does not help me being calmed  :-\
I guess I`ll wait what usually takes for packages from Europe to arrive here (3/4 weeks) with my fingers crossed...
Matias

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »
The posters from him never turned up, so I emailed him and the excuse was he's been in hospital.... I email again a week later and the excuse was the postal service is slow, and was answered by a different person who "forgot" the hospital excuse. After a month I emailed again and got, been away visiting family and are just catching up with the orders..... after 5 weeks it was " we sent it weeks ago, you should of had it by now. So they had totally forgot all the other excuse's. at this point I informed Ebay, and Paypal, and left negative feedback.

They still kept saying, through the ebay mediation process they sent them from day one, which was different to the excuses I was getting in the first place. After leaving the negative feedback, I told them I was going to also "out" them on a couple of Poster forums if the posters didn't turn up in the next week, which they did, 7 weeks late And the date on the parcel was two days before I received it.

They told lies from start to finish, I don't think they were going to send the posters, just take the money and run.  Part of the conversation I had with them before bidding was about if they were genuine first release posters...  maybe they weren't, and had to get them from somewhere, I still don't know why all the hassle. The posters they sent weren't the one's in their photo's on ebay, to which they said "we use generic photo's it saves time".... So lazy and slipshod also.

I do hope yours works out fine Matias, but as for me I won't use them again.    

That's quite a nightmare story Paul.

Incidentally, I got a package via Royal Mail today (very quick to Canada!) and it looks to be unsquished which seems to be a success story these days...
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 01:44:09 AM »
That is a succes story Chris... ;)

If it's any consolation Matias, when I eventually got the posters they were Original and first release...

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »
That is a succes story Chris... ;)

If it's any consolation Matias, when I eventually got the posters they were Original and first release...

It is Paul, thanks! Let`s see how thing develope... Keep you posted.
Matias

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
Oh great, I just saw I just bought 2 belgians from him awaiting payment which i just paid... well they are just cheapies, we'll see.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »
Steve, do one of those have some Sexy Strippers in it?  ;D
Matias

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »
Steve, do one of those have some Sexy Strippers in it?  ;D

Funny... not this time, just some girls on horses. There was a nice girly one a week ago that slipped my grasp, did you get it?

On the subject of strippers, and as you seem to know me well, I won this in the past few days

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 10:19:41 PM »
Funny... not this time, just some girls on horses. There was a nice girly one a week ago that slipped my grasp, did you get it?

On the subject of strippers, and as you seem to know me well, I won this in the past few days

Nice and nicer.
That Steve is a poster whore I can truly relate to.
 cheers

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »

Nope Steve, did not get it. I was watching this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290634198923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Mine should be here this week, if it does not show up, I`ll start writing the seller for explanations.... Keep you posted
Matias

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 04:14:49 PM »
Well, the poster arrived today  ;D
Luckily everything went fine, it came packed in a strong tube so no handling damage. The arriving time was standard 15/21 days from europe to here. Seller charged U$S 20 for shipping and the tag is for 12 euros, but other than this detail, everything went perfect.
Hope Steve`s posters also arrive without problems too thumbup

Matias

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »
Can't help but notice the paper loss that is not visible in the first photo, which I am assuming is the seller's.
Did the description detail that damage?
Nice art, BTW Matias.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
You`re right Ted. I had already seen a complete image of the poster in the seller`s previous site (the europosterman) and noticed the missing part. I knew it was the same poster by the dates and condition of the snipe, so I bought it knowing about the missing part.
If I had not seen it previously I probably would have ended surprised...
The art is superb! After the german A1, is the best I`ve seen for the film...
Matias