Author Topic: Seriously Bruce, How About a Preview of the Fall Major/Mini........  (Read 29691 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Seriously Bruce, How About a Preview of the Fall Major/Mini........
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Thanks Brian for the nice "review" of our overall service.

Your talking about daybills reminds me that we also have some Australian posters and daybills in the upcoming mini/major auction!

Here is a preview gallery of those:

http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/2011FallPreviewAust/

Bruce

mesmrized
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2011, 05:38:33 PM »
Exquisite Italian 2p for To Catch A Thief....

Agree 100,000%. She is beautiful. Some very lucky boy or girl may very well one day be hanging that poster on a very happy wall.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:39:36 PM by Zorba »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
from all the galleries Bruce has posted, I guess he understands now why we want to see previews and that they are a total plus and not a minus.

I wish more images were posters I'm looking for (where's the Chandler and the Gambling Bruce?), but I also like familiarizing my eyes with potential buys so I don't forget about them

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Bruce

« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »
One more Fall Mini/Major Preview Gallery!

Unbacked and paperbacked one-sheets (note that this was done in an automated way, and there are a few images of inexpensive items that will not be in this auction)

http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/2011FallPreview1shtsunbacked/

Bruce

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2011, 11:43:43 PM »
Thanks.  I didn't mean to imply that you were backing them.  I figured it was the consignor who backed it.  But there's a lot of ways to display it without going through the expense of backing. Alas, that's free will.

Holiday, I am sure you likely know this, but these days I NEVER back anything. I believe in letting the buyers choose who they want to do the restoration, how much restoration they want, etc.

The ones I auction backed were backed by the consignor, or someone further back, but not by me.

As to why someone backs an inexpensive one-sheet, it is so it looks its best on the wall. They are not thinking "investment" and these almost always sell for less than the cost of linenbacking alone.

Bruce
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2011, 11:45:06 PM »
That is hard to fathom. It's one of the few posters I've bought that has really appreciated through the roof. I bought mine for $450 years ago and I choked on the price when I did so.  It was, at that point, themost expensive poster I had bought. 

I wonder how the PF Lucky Strike will fare?  Emovie has never sold one before.  My bet is $1,200.  I think an unbacked version would go for $1500.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Bruce

« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
So, I see the same old banner for emovieposter.  Then I see that there are preview pages listed a few posts higher.  Go look at all the cool stuff.  Then I notice that brian is posting again.  Welcome back.  Then I finally say "wait a darned minute" and notice that Bruce has revived last year's thread :(
-Jay-

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »
I thought you were going to stop posting pics of Ted...and his hanging garden?  :P

http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/2011FallPreview1shtsunbacked/large/beefcake_JC01582_L.jpg

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:41:39 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2012, 09:06:15 PM »
So, I see the same old banner for emovieposter.  Then I see that there are preview pages listed a few posts higher.  Go look at all the cool stuff.  Then I notice that brian is posting again.  Welcome back.  Then I finally say "wait a darned minute" and notice that Bruce has revived last year's thread :(

yes the dates fall right in line for the thread to seem new

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------