Author Topic: The Fly 1986 UK QUAD  (Read 3176 times)

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
The Fly 1986 UK QUAD
« on: August 04, 2011, 01:51:45 AM »
I have looked on emovieposters.com and could not find one like this to get a rough value on it. Does anyone have any ideas to what this might be worth?

Offline quadbod

• Hobbyist
    • Quadbod media memorabilia
Re: The Fly 1986 UK QUAD
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 03:39:09 AM »
Hello!

We have sold several over the past few years, ranging from 4 GBP (four pounds sterling) to 40 GBP (forty pounds sterling) depending on condition. The one which sold for 40 GBP was rolled - all of the others were folded.

We only have this one at the moment which has some damage (see item description)
at an opening bid of 8 USD (eight US dollars) on MoviePosterBid.com

Hope that's useful.

Best wishes,

Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:46:08 AM by quadbod »
Quadbod media memorabilia - http://www.quadbod.co.uk

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »
"emovieposters.com"?

Aargh! This is not us! We are "emovieposter.com".

Biggest mistake I ever made was not getting this name too, plus misspellings!

Bruce

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Sorry Bruce my bad lol. I did not mean to add the "s" to the end of that. It was late and I had just gotten off working a 12 hour shift so I was extrememly tired. I will make sure I do  not do it again ok lol.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »
It's not of great value as Terry says, $10-15 will pick you up a reasonable one. $20+ a minto...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 12:50:50 PM »
This is the in demand version

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 06:58:49 PM »
I do not know if I like that version as much though. Granted it is still neat looking. I guess we all have our own preference lol.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 02:53:38 AM »
"emovieposters.com"?

Aargh! This is not us! We are "emovieposter.com".

Biggest mistake I ever made was not getting this name too, plus misspellings!

Bruce

I have bought many domains and bought a couple to speculate on:
- heritagemovieposter.com
- gal123.com

Well, on further reading after purchase I read I cant use them for some reason as they are too similar to uniquely named existing sites.

Maybe Bruce can prevent the person from using the domain emovieposters.com (note: one does not need to buy the domain (eg like from a cybersquatter), just prevent it from being used). I think the name emovieposter needs to be trademarked though to have this enforceable.

I also have:
- posterbid.com

But although it is similar to Rich's movieposterbid.com, and Rich owned his first, the terms poster and bid are very generic and thus the determination I read meant it was ok to use.

So all I am saying, maybe Bruce has some legal ground against someone else using emovieposters.com.

On checking out the emovieposters.com site, they are certainly trying to ride off bruce's web traffic having written on the homepage 'eMoviePoster' in emphasised font to have their page show up higher in the results for searches for Bruces site. Also deceptively they have a link shown as emovieposter.com but linking to their site emovieposters.com which may trick people on that site and also people using search engines who find that link.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:21:36 AM by 50s »