Author Topic: July Signature Auction  (Read 28843 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: July Signature Auction
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »
I love that poster, my good friend in Sydney has it, and its a stunner in person.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »
I didn't use them all as wrapping paper, I saved this nice one...

Very nice and - even better - worth some moola!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2011, 09:26:19 PM »
Very nice and - even better - worth some moola!

This is ridiculous.  There is a 1964 double-sided Zulu poster up for auction tomorrow.  BUT BUT BUT it is linenbacked! 

Zulu (Embassy, 1964). Double Sided One Sheet (27" X 41").
National Screen started experimenting in the late 1950s with "double-sided" poster printing. Zulu is one of the very few titles that was used in these experiments, giving the posters a more realistic look. If you like this film, you'll love the fantastic, high-color stills from 13 different scenes that adorn this poster! This special poster was never folded and has been expertly linenbacked. Very Fine+ on Linen. Estimate: $600 - $1,000.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2011, 09:30:37 PM »
This is ridiculous.  There is a 1964 double-sided Zulu poster up for auction tomorrow.  BUT BUT BUT it is linenbacked! 

Zulu (Embassy, 1964). Double Sided One Sheet (27" X 41").
National Screen started experimenting in the late 1950s with "double-sided" poster printing. Zulu is one of the very few titles that was used in these experiments, giving the posters a more realistic look. If you like this film, you'll love the fantastic, high-color stills from 13 different scenes that adorn this poster! This special poster was never folded and has been expertly linenbacked. Very Fine+ on Linen. Estimate: $600 - $1,000.

Completely fucking ridiculous that some idiot did that to the poster.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

raulleaf

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 09:33:58 PM »

I have had this on my mind of late.  What if the poster was extremely rare and needed repair?  Is it better to have a damaged/less presentable poster and see the back side or have it put on linen and repaired so it can be viewed?

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 09:36:07 PM »
still a learning experience I'm sure.. did you get your posters?

Yes, they came in just fine.  If I recall correctly,(IIRC), you had them in a tube inside a box.  I have just been so busy lately, that I have not unrolled most of my purchases. Sue over at HP, said that I could send her my posters and she would insert them in the frames at no charge.  I just received my order of 12 empty frames.  I hope to get them up at my office over the next month.  My grand opening will be early September.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 09:38:40 PM »
I have had this on my mind of late.  What if the poster was extremely rare and needed repair?  Is it better to have a damaged/less presentable poster and see the back side or have it put on linen and repaired so it can be viewed?

the problem with the thinking Raulleaf is that "it needs repair"
this claim is used by many people who see folds as something needing repair, or minor dings, creases, small crossfold separation etc and almost none of them are true justification for linenbacking

posters that are seriously damaged need repair. posters that are moderately damaged don't necessarily need anything more than a frame.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
If I recall correctly,(IIRC), you had them in a tube inside a box.

yep that's them... Pulpification!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
   I am the leader in the clubhouse on two posters for tomorrow.  I have to pick up my wife at the airport tomorrow around 1:30pm so I will not be paying close attention to the auction.

Since it is not a floor session, I can use my snipe tomorrow, right?

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
yep that's them... Pulpification!

Actually, I have not opened up your posters, nor Mel's, Adam's or CineMasterpiece.  For all I know you guys have totally screwed over a newbie. ;D

So, totally kidding.  I know all you guys take your reputation's as sellers seriously.

Brian

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
  I am the leader in the clubhouse on two posters for tomorrow.  I have to pick up my wife at the airport tomorrow around 1:30pm so I will not be paying close attention to the auction.

Since it is not a floor session, I can use my snipe tomorrow, right?

Brian

yes

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »

Actually, I have not opened up your posters, nor Mel's, Adam's or CineMasterpiece.  For all I know you guys have totally screwed over a newbie. ;D

the package I sent contains cheese puffs

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »

laugh1  Oh boy.  My DS BTTF2 that is linen backed looks great in a frame.  Will I linen back another DS poster or one that is not significantly damaged, knowing that I would have to live with the decision and most of the people on forums saying people who do that are basically brain dead?........In the words of Napoleon Dynamite - "Maybe I will!....GOSH....FREAKIN' IDIOTS!"  :D

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
I thought that overall the auction was very soft, I know that in several cases I made purchases where I wasn't even planning on bidding on the item (but of course a few items I was most interested in had very strong bids).
Did manage to pick up at least one spotlighted piece:

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2011, 09:57:40 PM »
Nice, wanna trade for a rare Soul Plane 1 sheet?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »
laugh1  Oh boy.  My DS BTTF2 that is linen backed looks great in a frame.  Will I linen back another DS poster or one that is not significantly damaged, knowing that I would have to live with the decision and most of the people on forums saying people who do that are basically brain dead?........In the words of Napoleon Dynamite - "Maybe I will!....GOSH....FREAKIN' IDIOTS!"  :D

;D

The bashing linen backing gets does seem to be over the top. I am seven strong in that dept now and I think they are all beautiful.  

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2011, 10:01:42 PM »
Nice, wanna trade for a rare Soul Plane 1 sheet?

laugh1 

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
I thought that overall the auction was very soft, I know that in several cases I made purchases where I wasn't even planning on bidding on the item (but of course a few items I was most interested in had very strong bids).

I guess you will get your next catalog for free...... ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:47:58 AM by ATLfun »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »
laugh1  Oh boy.  My DS BTTF2 that is linen backed looks great in a frame.  Will I linen back another DS poster or one that is not significantly damaged, knowing that I would have to live with the decision and most of the people on forums saying people who do that are basically brain dead?........In the words of Napoleon Dynamite - "Maybe I will!....GOSH....FREAKIN' IDIOTS!"  :D

Neo, I've lost all respect for you.  I want my free posters back WITH INTEREST!  :)

Sean, I - a mere poster simpleton - am amazed and humbled!  

Now kindly get lost! That poster is worth more than my entire collection and I'm kinda peeved about the injustice of it all  :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:10:11 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »

Neo, I've lost all respect for you.  I want my free posters back WITH INTEREST!  :)

laugh1  It's all fun and games until someone losses a forum battle, which it appears as though there will be no "lossing" since we're all so darn hard headed, so basically it's all fun and games.  8)  I'm gonna go watch a couple of movies and count down the minutes over the next hour to wait and check that my Lotto ticket isn't the winning ticket.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »
Sean, I - a mere poster simpleton - am amazed and humbled!  
Now kindly get lost! That poster is worth more than my entire collection and I'm kinda peeved about the injustice of it all  :)

Mel, you are certainly no poster simpleton, you run some great site and have an enthusiasm about collecting I wish more people had.

Oh course I am kinda peeved at you also since I had one of the posters from your want list in our March auction that sold for cheap (Japanese B2 on 100 Monster Stories) and you didn't even make a bid - so that makes us even.  ;)
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2011, 11:38:20 PM »

clap clap clap
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2011, 01:09:41 AM »
Hey Sean...I'll trade you the rare mariphasa blossom (and I'll toss in four tanis leaves) for that insert.
Great poster, man!
I am literally green with Warner Oland envy.

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2011, 08:56:24 AM »
I did not even notice that werewolf, then again I was a bit distracted by winning my first and as it turned out my only win. i don't have a Fukushima Mon Amour exhibit for nothing:

I especially like the effrontery that says directed by TERRY MORSE and I. HONDA, as if the ill directed americanizing sequence with Raymond Burr is more important

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2011, 11:03:20 AM »
Congrats Wim...that is a beauteous 1/2 sheet for the KING OF THE MONSTERS!

GODZILLA kicks ass!