Author Topic: Yakuza Busting Girls (aka Sukaban Hunters) B2 Poster  (Read 3954 times)

masterpizza2

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:33:38 AM by masterpizza2 »

Der Januskopf

Re: Yakuza Busting Girls (aka Sukaban Hunters) B2 Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 10:58:22 PM »
Im curious--
This same poster just sold on ebay, in April, for 80.00. Could it really more than doubled in value, in just 2 months?  jawdrop

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280660697382

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:49:03 AM »
Im curious--
This same poster just sold on ebay, in April, for 80.00. Could it really more than doubled in value, in just 2 months?  jawdrop

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280660697382

No, not even close.  But, you never know that someone could come along and want it that badly.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

masterpizza2

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:54:24 AM »
First, not to be rude, but there is the fact that mine is Autographed (Good Luck finding Asami for an Autograph :) ), and if you notice there was more than one person interested in the one that sold. The one that was sold, ended on a Holiday, meaning the value realized is below average. There are currently 8 watchers, which means there is significant interest. The artist that designed this poster released a limited edition print that was sold for $200, and sold out quick. Just something to think about. I had someone offer more than the starting bid, but he needs time to put together the money.

Also, think of it like this. Only a handful of these were printed, and they were only available at one theater in Japan. Since 1 has sold, one less is available. Of those available, how many do you think are likely to come up for sale in Japan or the United States for that matter?  

Not to brag, but I also just got 2 different buyers for my 2 Mutant Girl Squad B2's at the asking price of the same amount, and that artwork, in contrast,  is far more common. Valuation for these types of Cult Film posters can fluctuate significantly depending on the day. In my opinion, my asking price is more than reasonable.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:46:47 AM by masterpizza2 »

Der Januskopf

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:06:55 AM »
I was just asking, since to many poster collectors, too, a signed poster is considered damaged (graffiti) and could have less value. But many dont mind a signature, either. So its diff strokes for diff folks.

Kerry

masterpizza2

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:37:35 AM »
Fair enough. I agree it does all depend on the person. Though I feel inclined to mention I have sold many posters with autographs of similar rarity for much higher amounts (Some with premiums as high as $300-400 just for the autograph, even when the people were still alive and well). In my opinion, this price accurately reflects the demand for this Artists work. Though I guess we'll have to leave this to the market to decide. I will not be easy to convince to let it go for less, unless a very reasonable trade is offered.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:39:08 AM by masterpizza2 »