Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837480 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #8650 on: July 30, 2016, 06:52:44 PM »
This UK quad for The Fantastic Voyage, just went for $550.00 +BP.  I much prefer this art to that used on the US OS. And the art was done by Tom Chantrell.  clap clap

Agree - what a great lookin poster, I would have gone a couple hundred for this too

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #8651 on: July 30, 2016, 06:56:30 PM »
Talk about multitasking.  I checked the HA catalog for the first time this morning, went through it while feeding my kids, then went on to play with them all morning.  This is me handing my phone to the train conductor as I'm trying to bid on stuff.

I had 14 items on my list.  I won 2.

On to session 2.

T
Looking forward to seeing them!

And just to beat Steve to it -

Do you know why the little girl wanted to karate kick old man skinny calves?

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #8652 on: July 30, 2016, 07:15:47 PM »
Son of Franky is a great looking poster, i totally agree - the colors and imagery really pop! And more big $$ there, too, with it topping just over $43,000.00!! 

To put this in perspective - not only is this a gorgeous stone-litho with the biggest image of Karloff as the monster from any of the Frankenstein one-sheets, this copy is the Latrobe copy which originally sold for $50K when it surfaced a dozen years ago. It was purchased then by Deluca who sold it right away and it changed hands at least twice prior to this sale.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8653 on: July 30, 2016, 08:47:18 PM »
It was just the one I was after this time and I let it go earlier than I should have. Mistakes I've made. I know I'll live with them all my life. Doh.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8654 on: July 30, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
Done for the day.  On my way to dinner and Matt Damon.

Got 4 out of 21.

How did you guys do?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8655 on: July 31, 2016, 12:20:24 AM »
I got two of the 5 I bid on (with snipes--I was working, as usual) today.  Eeek! Now i have to pay for them. I'll post them on my thread on my usual 1st of the month post. Here's a hint... One of them was mentioned on here by someone other than me. Hmm... Which one could it have been? (And how will i pay for it???? Yikes!)

Tomorrow I only have 1 that I have a bid on. (Please let me NOT win!)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:39:23 AM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8656 on: July 31, 2016, 01:05:03 AM »
I got two of the 5 I bid on (with snipes--I was working, as usual) today.  Eeek! Now i have to pay for them. I'll post them on my thread on my usual 1st of the month post. Here's a hint... One of them was mentioned on here by someone other than me. Hmm... Which one could it have been? (And how will i pay for it???? Yikes!)

Tomorrow I only have 1 that I have a bid on. (Please let me NOT win!)

Huh??   dontknow.gif

I don't get it. Why place a sniped bid if you didn't want to win/have the poster in the first place?

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8657 on: July 31, 2016, 01:08:01 AM »
I want them...but can't afford them. Dumb of me to have bid...but I'm a poster addict!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8658 on: July 31, 2016, 01:12:26 AM »
I want them...but can't afford them. Dumb of me to have bid...but I'm a poster addict!

Makes sense... I think many of us have been in that same boat, Shawn.

Let me ask... if you do win the poster tomorrow... would you be happy? Or bummed (having to cough up the bucks for it)?

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8659 on: July 31, 2016, 01:13:09 AM »
BOTH

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8660 on: July 31, 2016, 01:15:06 AM »
BOTH

The Pushme-Pullyou Syndrome.

Got it.

;D

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8661 on: July 31, 2016, 01:36:22 AM »
To put this in perspective - not only is this a gorgeous stone-litho with the biggest image of Karloff as the monster from any of the Frankenstein one-sheets, this copy is the Latrobe copy which originally sold for $50K when it surfaced a dozen years ago. It was purchased then by Deluca who sold it right away and it changed hands at least twice prior to this sale.

Love the back story and poster history on this one.

Thanks, Sean.

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8662 on: July 31, 2016, 04:17:39 AM »
Done for the day.  On my way to dinner and Matt Damon.

Got 4 out of 21.

How did you guys do?

T

One out of two.  Got the Dr No insert.  Didn't get the Breakfast at Tiffany's insert (for a friend).

Let me know how you found Jason Bourne.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #8663 on: July 31, 2016, 11:36:46 AM »
2 of 2

2 more today

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8664 on: July 31, 2016, 12:32:51 PM »
You suck.

But what else is new.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8665 on: July 31, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »
Let me know how you found Jason Bourne.

Not much of a plot.  A 2 hour non stop chase.  Fast editing, 3 different angles per second (on average).

Entertaining, though, which is more than I can say about 99% of the movies I have seen this summer.

B+

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #8666 on: July 31, 2016, 12:44:04 PM »
Thats the worst thing about those Bourne films, the fast editing.. I just shut off, it's so boring, I use the "action  sequences" to go for more Wine; And yet I like the films on the whole. Shame they spoil them in this way... Anyone know the editor?? go give him a good kicking if so. 
It's more than a Hobby...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8667 on: July 31, 2016, 01:01:23 PM »
one was a perfect scheme of split bid to achieve the price I wanted to pay. I was out at $1600, but my hopeful high bid was $1800 (+BP), so I had to figure out how to get to 1800 without having to be 1900

I had to think fast - split bid $1650.
the other bidder went $1700 and I went the $1800.. it worked! Yay!

another item was an insert I've needed for a long time. It had been selling for 2500-3500 at some point and I offered $1500 to a friend who had 3 a while back. (he of course turned me down)
I won it with an $1100 bid = $13xx.00. right in my range.
yay!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8668 on: July 31, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »
Tell me what you're bidding on today and I will make sure you don't get it.  That's how much I dislike you.

T
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8669 on: July 31, 2016, 01:22:54 PM »
Tell me what you're bidding on today and I will make sure you don't get it.  That's how much I dislike you.

T

I'm bidding on every lot from # 86630 to 87004

:-P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:23:37 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8670 on: July 31, 2016, 01:54:18 PM »
Not much of a plot.  A 2 hour non stop chase.  Fast editing, 3 different angles per second (on average).

Entertaining, though, which is more than I can say about 99% of the movies I have seen this summer.

B+

T

For my part, I didn't get on board with the cause and effect.  Bourne pops up 'on the grid', and all of a sudden, everyone has to kill him.  Really?  Why?  He might just have been going for the milk...  Really didn't make much sense and so left me behind a little.

And I wonder if the reason for this incoherence, this time, is that Tony Gilroy wasn't in charge of the writing.  The stories were so much more coherent when he was in charge.

But as you say, very entertaining.  I love the editing.  And the last chase was as brutal and carnage inducing as the last two chases from Greengrass.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8671 on: July 31, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »
SPECTRE UK Quad for $300 on HA.  Bloody hell.

Have been amazed at the disparity between low prices of some historical Bond items, and the high prices of the modern and easily found.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8672 on: July 31, 2016, 02:55:41 PM »
I noticed that too.  New generations, maybe, not so much into the old stuff.  Like I said in another thread, people under 30 really do not care about older stuff.  They were raised into the moment and into the "what's next".  A movie is old after it's opening weekend.  People in their 40s (me :() grew up with a lot of past.  We didn't have that much of a choice, really.  Less movies, very little video games, no iphones, the list goes on.  Kids today have so much at their disposal, the past becomes obsolete.  They just don't have time for it. 

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8673 on: July 31, 2016, 02:57:33 PM »
So $1.7 mil.  Is that a lot?  This HA crop didn't seem as good as in previous sales, imo.  I had less on my list.

How does 1.7 compares to other sales?

T
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8674 on: July 31, 2016, 04:16:42 PM »
it's in the lower range of their results, but within a margin of reasonable result.

but just askin.. is there something wrong with doing $1.7mil in poster sales in 2 days?

:P

-------