Author Topic: Cj's Poster Collection  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
Cj's Poster Collection
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »
Hey Fellas,

My website is www.moviepostermadness.com

Please be patient as it is not up to date. The only section up to date is the Alamo section. I will continue to update it with my collection as time goes by. I have over 300 posters to take pictures of and upload. As anyone here knows, it is a daunting task to do when you do it so late in the game. My recommendation to everyone is to start photographing early and putting together some sort of site whether it is using a image hosting site or your own website of some sort. It will make your life easier in the long run when managing your collection.

Again please be patient and I hope to have a majority of it completed by the end January of 2010

Cj

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Cj's Poster Collection
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:09:12 PM »
Hey Fellas,

My website is www.moviepostermadness.com

Please be patient as it is not up to date. The only section up to date is the Alamo section. I will continue to update it with my collection as time goes by. I have over 300 posters to take pictures of and upload. As anyone here knows, it is a daunting task to do when you do it so late in the game. My recommendation to everyone is to start photographing early and putting together some sort of site whether it is using a image hosting site or your own website of some sort. It will make your life easier in the long run when managing your collection.

Again please be patient and I hope to have a majority of it completed by the end January of 2010

Cj

Looks awesome, dude.  I can't wait to see it.  Yeah, another collection!!!
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 11:50:46 PM »
You know I like your stuff. Those KB banners are nice to see.  The Alamo Shining posters are off the chain! 

There's a number of links that are leading to the wrong area.  Just a head's up.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »
Itd be alright if it wasnt made with a MAC ;D

Nice collection though, I always get jealous looking at everyone elses sites !! :P

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »
Looks like Cj's poster collection link is no more.  :-[

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 08:50:53 PM »
Wow I was so confused browsing the site just now haha
Damn
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 09:06:18 PM »
MPM already taken Rich

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »
Last I talked to CJ, he was liquidating everything and out of the hobby altogether.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 10:35:50 PM »
Last I talked to CJ, he was liquidating everything and out of the hobby altogether.

Wow.

Is it something as simple as him moving on to other interests and his reason for getting out of the hobby?

-Jeff

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »
Sold a bunch to pay for some medical bills, he said.  But, more than that, it sounded like life was just getting in the way; and, he simply did not have enough time to devote to the hobby.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:51 PM »
least in Australia we never have to sell our collection for medical bills!

:)

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 10:36:00 PM »
CJ still has a large collection of posters locked up in his basement that he doesn't have the time to mess with. He and I both were a bit out of control years back which lead to burnout and second guessing of how much we spent on paper.

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 10:26:01 PM »
CJ still has a large collection of posters locked up in his basement that he doesn't have the time to mess with. He and I both were a bit out of control years back which lead to burnout and second guessing of how much we spent on paper.

I came pretty close to burnout a few months ago. Fortunately going back to work has dramatically impacted my free time. I do however complety understand where you are coming from. A small break has allowed me to focus more on those items I really want. While I have purchased basically nothing, auction or otherwise recently, I have my eyes locked on a few.......
This Space For Rent!