Author Topic: Who Famed Roger Rabbit - 3 Posters raising my eyebrow...  (Read 2399 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Who Famed Roger Rabbit - 3 Posters raising my eyebrow...
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
Okay, so, through my travels I've acquired three Who Framed Roger Rabbit posters. All were advertised as originals from vendors of varying credibility and now I have three different posters that are giving me doubts.

All of these posters were said to be originals and all were said to measure 27x40. However, those measurements are not correct.

On the bottom is supposedly the US 1-Sheet (NSS# 88054). I bought this poster from somebody I've come not to trust and I'm concerned for its authenticity. The NSS number is in the corner and the text is all very clear and it measures 27x41.

But primarily, I'm most confused by these "US International" posters. Both are from different vendors and at the time I bought them they just appeared to be a folded vs. rolled version of the same poster. Now that I have them side by side, I can tell that this isn't the case.

The differences are numerous.
1. The rolled poster on the left measures 27x40. The folded poster on the right measures an awkward 27.5x39.25
2. The posters are quite clearly two different shades of blue.
3. The credits are larger on the rolled poster and the right poster credits Roadshow Distribution.
4. The folded poster is rated while the rolled one is not.

Neither posters have NSS numbers and both posters have printing flaws. The right poster has a number of white spots (three or four) in various places.

But the left poster, the rolled one, has some pretty horrific inking errors. The film silhouette is covered in what look like "oil spots", but I've looked at them with a magnifying glass and can be sure they're actually printed onto the poster. It's almost entirely throughout the film.

So what I have here now are two posters that are both supposed to be real but I have no reference for which to compare either of them. Mel has mentioned to me that there is no market for RR posters and it's very unlikely that circulated reprints of any posters exist, but with no reputation to back where these came from I really have no confidence. I'm concerned for the authenticity of all three posters, but it's the blue "US Internationals" that are stumping me the most.

Does anybody have any idea what these "US Internationals" may be? Is one a teaser and the other a final, perhaps? Are there different versions of the poster? And why are they both plagued with inking errors?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Who Famed Roger Rabbit - 3 Posters raising my eyebrow...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
1. The rolled poster on the left measures 27x40. The folded poster on the right measures an awkward 27.5x39.25

That's a metric-sized poster: 700mm x 1000mm (1 meter).  Very common poster size in metric countries, including Australia, and "Roadshow Distribution" appears to be an Australian company.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »
That's a metric-sized poster: 750mm x 1000mm (1 meter).  Very common poster size in metric countries, including Australia, where I believe "Roadshow Distribution" is based.

Aha - a breakthrough!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »
correct.
right hand is an Aussie 1 sheet.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »
Fantastic - that solves that part of the mystery.

So where could this rolled poster have come from? They were both advertised identically but the 27x40 measurements are US 1-Sheets, obviously. I find it strange that the actual US 1-Sheet is 27x41 while the "US International" is 27x40... When did they stop printing 27x41 posters?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
heres the aussie on Bruces image archive

http://www.emovieposter.com/imagearchive/poster/282691.html

and he also has the international.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »
Thanks for posting that Ari. But remember it is better to now use our new Auction History Page, because all those images link to large images.

Here is the link to Roger Rabbit posters (remember you can view it as a list, small images or large images) and that the little camera icon is a direct link to a large image:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/search/roger+rabbit/mode/1/archive.html

Bruce