Author Topic: Adam's Bond Posters.  (Read 23235 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Adam's Bond Posters.
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »
I got an email from Adam/Bondposters, saying it was fine to go up for a look at his collection, after a post a couple of days ago on a similar topic.
I was going to Newcastle this Saturday anyway, and where Adam lives is 30mins from my house, and on the way. So thought why not, someone is not going to ask me over if they have nothing. So Being Neutral in this,.......whatever is going on. I still don't know why people have it in for him? And don't really want to know. I thought I would go and have a look at some Bond posters.

I met Adam and his Dad, they are very nice People, most welcoming. Adam showed me some of his Prized piece's. All I can say, he has some amazing Bond posters, and other Bond related memorabilia. I do remember some thing said about he has the best Bond poster collection in the world, and I don't doubt it for one Minuet. I know some of what the problem is, he won't post photo's, and to some extent I agree with why he won't, but that's his prerogative.

I will say if you are into posters, and get the chance go and look, it's an absolutely Amazing collection. He has posters I didn't even know existed, and we didn't even scratch the surface of what he has.

I know we all want pic's, but I think it's time to cut Adam some slack, he has what he says he has. An Amazing Collection.     

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: Adam's Bond Posters.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
Well,,I`ll man up and be first to offer Adam my apology for my frustrated outburst on the earlier thread.

Any particular highlight in Adams collection Paul??

Stew

guest8

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »

Im just playing .. I was playing Switzerland in this fiasco as well .. I know i hate taking pics of my crap too and its mostly worthless I cant imagine trying to handle some really rare valuable pieces :)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
Hopefully Adam won't mind me saying, but the Goldfinger subway poster was for me the highlight, an Amazing piece.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »
I do wish he would post some, this collection will blow your mind. But as we say in the U.K. such is life.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »
Yep alls good..i really do hope he can let us share some of his pieces.

Stew

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »
It's all good that he does actually have some good paper

the question remains why he so reticent to photograph any of it!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »
why are you guys so focused on this clown anyway?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »
Paul, thanks, but this is not news at all.  Credible collectors (Tom Pennock, certain moderators on the James Bond forums, etc.) have been "vouching" for him and his collection for a while now, so I've known he's actually had a collection for some time.

But without some photos and identification of his actual posters, it's totally meaningless.  You can't go around bragging that you have the "Greatest Bond Collection On The Planet" unless and until you are willing to detail it and show it.

If he's heavily in debt and doesn't want his creditors to know about his assets, if they really belong to his father, if he's afraid they'll be stolen, if he doesn't have a good camera, if he's a covert spy in Her Majesty's Secret Service, whatev, it just doesn't matter.  We're tired of excuses.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:11:18 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
I know collectors like Adam and Paul's 'other friend' (the dude who might consign some really rare stuff...like, dare I say it...Uni Horror) who have absolutely incredible collections that they would never post pics of for reasons of privacy. I respect that.
 cheers Adam (aka Bondposters).

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
I know collectors like Adam and Paul's 'other friend' (the dude who might consign some really rare stuff...like, dare I say it...Uni Horror) who have absolutely incredible collections that they would never post pics of for reasons of privacy. I respect that.
 cheers Adam (aka Bondposters).

Yes, but they don't go around bragging about them like Adz has.  Not the same at all.  Either put up or shut up.  All the "vouching" in the world doesn't add up to a hill of beans....

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
To be honest Guy's, I don't get into petty bickering life's too short. I still don't know what the problem is. Adam has a first rate collection, I've seen it myself. I too respect his privacy this is what he wants, it's his collection. I have posters in mine I have not posted, and most likely won't.  I thought you guy's thought he was lying, he's not he's a genuine chap. End of story.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 03:31:10 PM »
To be honest Guy's, I don't get into petty bickering life's too short. I still don't know what the problem is. Adam has a first rate collection, I've seen it myself. I too respect his privacy this is what he wants, it's his collection. I have posters in mine I have not posted, and most likely won't.  I thought you guy's thought he was lying, he's not he's a genuine chap. End of story.

No disrepect to you Paul but it's not "petty bickering."  It's a fundamental issue.  Almost everybody on these boards has routinely shown off some or all of their collections.  Some people (like me) overshare, some people undershare.  But NOBODY other than Adz has (1) bragged about their collection, (2) shown zero pictures of it and (3) refused even to identify a single poster owned.  It's beyond comprehension.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 03:33:28 PM »
Thanks, Paul......

...and they all lived happily ever after.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:44:20 PM by brude »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »
Paul.. I don't think it's a matter of whether he's got them anymore.. It's a matter of someone who likes to exhibit bragadoccio but not exhibit that for which his bragging is based.. It really is a "put up or shut up" kinda thing. I don't know him and I don't care about him. He's the eternal boy who cries wolf and whether the wolf is  really at his door is no longer the important issue.

Most of us cannot and will never go to his home and he is the only person on these boards who talks a big game and then refuses to prove himself. If you don't want to prove yourself, then stop bragging about yourself. It's a basic tenet that most of us were taught when we were children

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
But that's his choice Mel, and yours, you show a lot, Adam shows nothing, and other's show a bit. learn to live with it, just Enjoy the hobby. We are all different.

I am an independent in this, but I went I saw I was amazed. I know some on the board are happy to know these posters exist. Just be happy for the guy, Mel.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
Thanks, Paul......

...and they all lived happily ever after.

Your so camp sometimes Ted uhno

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 03:43:23 PM »
Hopefully Adam won't mind me saying, but the Goldfinger subway poster was for me the highlight, an Amazing piece.

I for one just want to see the posters! 

Can you describe this one Paul?  I didn't know these existed...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
Paul.. I don't think it's a matter of whether he's got them anymore.. It's a matter of someone who likes to exhibit bragadoccio but not exhibit that for which his bragging is based.. It really is a "put up or shut up" kinda thing. I don't know him and I don't care about him. He's the eternal boy who cries wolf and whether the wolf is  really at his door is no longer the important issue.

Most of us cannot and will never go to his home and he is the only person on these boards who talks a big game and then refuses to prove himself. If you don't want to prove yourself, then stop bragging about yourself. It's a basic tenet that most of us were taught when we were children

Did he brag on this board? I thought his claims were posted on his own web site.  hitself

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »

I for one just want to see the posters!  

Can you describe this one Paul?  I didn't know these existed...

Difficult to describe, Harry I wish I'd taken a camera!!!     ;D

It's about the size of two 1shts is very similar to the 1sht art work, but spread wider, and has photo's around the three main images. It's very striking in person, the colours are Fantastic.  

The thing is if he has bragged, he has the goods to back it up. He just chooses not to show them. Sometimes not a bad thing.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »
Well,,I`ll man up and be first to offer Adam my apology for my frustrated outburst on the earlier thread.

I suck too  :-[. Rich was right.

Now all I can say is wow! Many turns the world she takes. I would have NEVER believed it.

Still being the ass I do have one question. Why the hell didnt you take that camera?

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »
Sorry Zorba, I was just going to see some posters, and I like to think I have Manners. It's Polite etiquette. I don't mind going Back and taking a few, but that's Adams call.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »
Your so camp sometimes Ted uhno

Yes, Stew...I can be a campy bastard.  hitself
Alas, there is no cure.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »
Wave it Again Ted, Maybe we'll all be one happy family again. :)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »
Did he brag on this board? I thought his claims were posted on his own web site.  hitself

he brags everywhere he goes.. the collection he speaks of is obviously what his ego is based on and I don't see his comments in isolation anyway, as you also look at things I'm sure Ted. He is a preening peacock that never extends his feathers. An oxymoron so to speak. If his ego is so entwined in his collection, rather than brag about it, he should post even a few pics and let people say "oooh... aaaah" and I think that would service his ego far better than getting ragged on because of his pronouncements.

I'm happy to talk about my collection and even show stuff. If I had more time, I'd show even more. But I have as much interest in puffing out my chest and saying "I have the greatest Raymond Chandler collection in all the world.. take my word for it!" as I have in getting a root canal with or without anethesia.

Listening to Adam has become "blah blah blah.. blah blah.. blah blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.. and by the way  blah blah blah blah blah. Nothing of substance what-so-ever. Now he has used Paul as a proxy to back up his mouth, which seems even more childish that anything that has happened before this moment.. It's the Theatre of the Ridiculous.

-------