Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 544317 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #2125 on: October 04, 2023, 02:50:54 PM »
Nice, and I really love that custom frame (I believe you mentioned once that your brother-in-law built it for you)!

My father-in-law.  The guy was a famous hand surgeon turned orthopedic surgeon turned carpenter.  He made one frame, mine, I told him to do more but he turned into a bible-thumper.  Cool guy though.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
« Reply #2126 on: October 04, 2023, 02:52:21 PM »
Nice Barbarella too! Hell, even the Barbarella re-issue poster is iconic. lol

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
« Reply #2127 on: October 04, 2023, 03:12:23 PM »
I'm glad you all posted in this thread today because I realized I have finally got some of my posters framed and haven't shared them yet.  :o

Here they are...

Star Trek: The Motion Picture Mylar Advance in a Hollywood Poster Frame

Flash Gordon Advance in a Hollywood Poster Frame

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan British in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame

There are about 10 other Star Trek posters behind this one. I plan to rotate them monthly.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture British Double Crown in a Hollywood Poster Frame

Sex & Fury in a Hollywood Poster Frame

Star Wars "Droids" Proctor and Gamble promotional poster in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

There are two other Star Wars posters in this series along with a Star Trek: The Motion Picture Coca-Cola promotional poster I plan to rotate monthly. These posters hung in my "playroom" as a child, which is why they're in my collection. Purely for the member berries.

I do have a 27x41 Spotlight Display frame I hope to get up in time for next month's rotation.

I will include it when I do.

BTW, if the Sex & Fury poster is inappropriate for forum rules, please let me know if there's a way to "hide" it. I looked for a "spoiler" option, and I didn't see one. I can just straight-up remove it too.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 03:17:07 PM by pcarnette »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #2128 on: October 05, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »
That's the spirit, T.  Great artwork, and back in the day was probably very compelling for a lot of folks to see the movie.

Sounds like a good plan with the changing exhibits there, PC.  I hadn't seen the Star Wars P&G posters before.  They have some cool features that I haven't seen on any other Star Wars posters.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 06:14:51 PM by Neo »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2129 on: October 19, 2023, 10:12:25 PM »
Pcarnette: Thank you for showing your nice framing on your posters!  Khaaaaaaaaannnnn!!!!

Offline riley540

• Beginner
« Reply #2130 on: October 19, 2023, 10:41:22 PM »

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
« Reply #2131 on: November 10, 2023, 11:36:32 AM »
Pcarnette: Thank you for showing your nice framing on your posters!  Khaaaaaaaaannnnn!!!!

Thanks! Another month, another poster rotation. Here are the new posters on my wall...

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock British in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan US in a 27x41 Spotlight Display frame

Star Wars "Heroes" Proctor and Gamble promotional poster in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
« Reply #2132 on: November 15, 2023, 12:55:36 PM »

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (East German) (1985) in a custom Hollywood Frame

Star Trek 7431:63 Jim Steranko Supergraphics commercial poster in a custom Hollywood Frame

Offline Paper_and_Light

• Beginner
« Reply #2133 on: November 17, 2023, 05:31:26 PM »
Some wonderful Trek on display!

Love those Spotlight Display frames, I have a few myself.

Thanks! Another month, another poster rotation. Here are the new posters on my wall...

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock British in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan US in a 27x41 Spotlight Display frame

Star Wars "Heroes" Proctor and Gamble promotional poster in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2134 on: January 27, 2024, 11:19:17 PM »
It took me a while, but I finally found a frame that I like, so I bought 2.  I can now have 3 posters up on my walls (I already had a larger frame) and I can rotate them at will.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2135 on: January 27, 2024, 11:57:05 PM »
 thumbsup.gif bed1

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2136 on: January 28, 2024, 05:51:34 PM »
Oooo Thierry. I am so glad Crazy Vick piosted a response. I somehow missed your posts. (I've been gone from my computer since mif-October...and don't have my password on my phone. Lame of me, but...) Zowie! They look stunning. Great choices of posters to display. Bravo.

riley540--Wow! Nice display. I need to get more of my posters up. Looks swell! Nice job.

pcarnette _Wonderful stuff in both batched you shared. I'd not seen the East German STAR TREK before. My face of the bunch id the FLASH GORDON advance. Go, Flash! Go!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2137 on: January 28, 2024, 06:54:12 PM »
Thanks.  A little break between games. 

This is how it opens.

And then I had enough of the War of the Worlds 3sht, and nothing else accessible to replace it, so I put one of those faux posters from Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  Casaro design.  Nothing special, I know, but it fits perfectly :)

T
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 06:57:46 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2138 on: January 28, 2024, 07:17:36 PM »
Magnificent!!!! What size is that? Looks HUGE!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2139 on: January 28, 2024, 07:35:32 PM »
48x72in.  There are 4 of them.  U can see them on my website under Tarantino.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2140 on: January 29, 2024, 03:10:23 AM »
48x72in.  There are 4 of them.  U can see them on my website under Tarantino.
T
On my way to have a look-see. Thanks!

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
« Reply #2141 on: January 29, 2024, 10:11:16 AM »
Great posters everyone. That Shadow of a Doubt is a beaut. That is my favorite Hitchcock movie!

I think I'm a couple months behind here. I'll go ahead and update now before February rolls around and it is three months! lol

December:

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Advance in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame.

Star Wars "Duel" Proctor and Gamble promotional poster in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

This month also saw the addition of a new Spotlight Display frame:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Chirashi in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

January:

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame

Star Trek: The Motion Picture "Human Adventure" variant in a 27x41 Spotlight Display frame.

Star Wars "Luke Skywalker" Burger Chef promotional poster in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Chirashi in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

This month also saw the addition of a new Spotlight Display frame:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame.

Sometime during the last two months I added this Star Trek: Universe - Dusty Abell Illustration Wall Poster from Trends in cheapo frame just for fun. The glare on this is terrible. lol It really reinforces my decision to buy glare free frame from here on out.

I will try to get February's posters up in a more timely manner next month.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2142 on: January 29, 2024, 11:54:31 AM »
Looking good, pcarnette! It must be fun deciding what gets rotated into the spotlight frames

It took me a while, but I finally found a frame that I like, so I bought 2.  I can now have 3 posters up on my walls (I already had a larger frame) and I can rotate them at will.

T

That's a handsome poster (and dog)! Love the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood posters too, whoever came up with the idea to make 4 faux posters and to use 'proper' poster artists deserves a pat on the back.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 11:55:37 AM by Tob »

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #2143 on: January 29, 2024, 11:55:15 AM »

T

Where did you pick this up? Looks really sharp!

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #2144 on: January 29, 2024, 11:55:45 AM »
The frame, I mean :)

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #2145 on: January 29, 2024, 12:18:34 PM »

INCREDIBLE! Some iconic images right there, and I love the gallery wall look :) NICE WORK!!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2146 on: January 29, 2024, 01:59:11 PM »
The frame, I mean :)

I am very particular with what goes up on my walls, and this one passed the test.  Like I said, I bought 2 :)

Frame

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #2147 on: January 31, 2024, 06:17:23 PM »
I am very particular with what goes up on my walls, and this one passed the test.  Like I said, I bought 2 :)

Frame

T

Awesome, thank you! That frame does look really sharp. Do you add any UV protection film to the acrylic?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2148 on: February 01, 2024, 12:07:36 PM »
No UV protector.  But a foam board backing and black felt fabric.  It's very slick and quite cheap for what it is.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
« Reply #2149 on: February 04, 2024, 07:51:18 PM »
February 2024:

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home International in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Chirashi in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

The Sword and the Sorcerer Style B in a 27x41 Spotlight Display frame.

Star Wars "R2-D2 "Artoo-Deeto"/C-3PO "SEE THREEPIO" Burger Chef promotional poster in a custom Spotlight Display frame.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny International Final B in a 27x40 Spotlight Display frame.