Author Topic: Brian says hello!  (Read 4715 times)

Gimpy

Brian says hello!
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:39:58 PM »
Hey everyone, Brian here from Ontario Canada. I'm glad I found this place there is a lot of good information on here and by the looks of it a bunch of great people too! I'm not necessarily a "collector" but I am starting to buy posters (it's quite addicting) for my favorite movies...and just posters that look cool in general. Avatar was first and foremost of course! (I have the advance, but need as many others as I can get for that one!) I have since ordered a couple of Inception posters, Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and a Harry Potter poster. Unfortunately those 5 posters came absolutely trashed so I'm trying to find good deals to replace them (if anyone has any leads on cheap original Inception 27x40 posters I would be your best friend!)

I'm a film buff, movies are my life pretty much and I am hoping to move out to B.C. and go to school for film out there when I can afford it and then make movies there in the future as a career. James Cameron is my favorite director and Tom Hanks is my favorite actor, I admire them both greatly being someone who wants to get into that line of work.

Looking forward to learning from and meeting everyone on here.
Take care, thanks for reading,
Brian.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Brian says hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
Hello Brian,

Glad to have you here, and welcome to the addiction.  Wait a couple of months, chat with us a little, and you'll be hooked.  And once you're hooked, there is no turning back.  Ask Mel, who started collecting modern posters about a year ago and quickly amassed more than 1,000 pieces, some of them quite old and rare.  Ask his banker, I'm sure he's got something to say about it.

And have fun browsing.

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 12:54:13 PM »
Welcome Brian!  I am a fellow Ontarian...
Chris

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »
Welcome!

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »
Welcome, Brian  clap  Watched ROAD TO PERDITION the other night.  Hadn't seen it in a while and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.  Fine group of actors in that movie

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
Welcome Brian!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
 welcome1 Brian.

Offline kovacs01