Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1549125 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1700 on: April 14, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
Just ran to the bathroom, checked myself in the mirror and...

Yep, that's us, white, fat and NERDY!!!

Sad for us :)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1701 on: April 14, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
Aren't our wives lucky?!?!

But yeah, I laughed at those pics too...
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1702 on: April 14, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »
Did you see that someone took a picture of Justin unloading his truck?

It's like a Hitchcock thriller over there...

What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?  What is it going to be?

?

I'm going back over there...
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #1703 on: April 14, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »
Hey .. Im not fat !! i cant comment on the rest though ! :P

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1704 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
Hey .. Im not fat !! i cant comment on the rest though ! :P

YES YOU ARE!

You're just more delusional than the rest of us.
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1705 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:25 PM »
Yeah, I saw that pic too. The other dude is Kevin Tong, supposedly.

But you are over on EB, so I will go play over there as well.

Fallen, I'm not fat either, maybe a few pounds overweight...I blame it on time wasted on the APF.

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #1706 on: April 14, 2011, 10:32:25 PM »
LOL .. I burn a lot of calories typing !! :D

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1707 on: April 14, 2011, 10:35:26 PM »
Apparently Tyler is there...

I bet he gets some free popcorn.

I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1708 on: April 14, 2011, 10:38:18 PM »
Oooh... Tyler is there!!!

I talked to him yesterday and he didn't even mention it.

Ass.

T
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1709 on: April 14, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1710 on: April 14, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »

I was mistaken,

JessicaLee

« Reply #1711 on: April 15, 2011, 12:48:13 AM »
I would agree if she was still here ..

EDIT ::

I stand corrected .. By myself non-the-less :P

She is still around ...

I just checked her profile and apparently she was on today .. Maybe checking on any comments from todays drop ? Too bad she doesnt join in some of the convo's we have going on .. :(

Yeah. I'm still around! Busy week... Whadya wanna talk about? I'm gathering the posters right now. The MMM is almost over, and we're selling after the show.

Online ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1712 on: April 15, 2011, 08:23:09 AM »
Another Stout

Online ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1713 on: April 15, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »
WTF - one sold for 1500?

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1714 on: April 15, 2011, 08:35:22 AM »
its an amazing stout at that, how many screens is it? Im guessing at least 7-8 on the low side.

someone mentioned stouts looking like mount rushmore and not having enough color. obviously that person does not realize what work screen printing is. tyler's posters always have 4-6 colors/screens and that is actually a good amount.

back to this akira...  Its AMAZING. it looks like one sold for 750, but first it looks like some ass clown paid 1500 for it
http://cgi.ebay.com/TYLER-STOUT-MONDO-KILL-BILL-ARTIST-AKIRA-VARIANT-PRINT-/180654182305?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item2a0fd40fa1#ht_537wt_1062

guest8

« Reply #1715 on: April 15, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »
I never trust the super high sales right in the beginning .. I always put that towards some eBay ass-hat trying to set a false market value in hopes that his other auctions actually go that high.

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1716 on: April 15, 2011, 08:41:26 AM »
oh yeah thats absolutely what happened there. he has "another" copy for sale for 1499 obo.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1717 on: April 15, 2011, 10:21:30 AM »
I'm impressed by Stout's artwork this time - he actually uses some color. I'm not a fan of Akira but this is probably my favorite that he's done.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1718 on: April 15, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
Reg vs. Variant

Like usual, I prefer the regular (top).

I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1719 on: April 15, 2011, 10:36:39 AM »
I wonder if some people were disappointed by the choice of film.  I mean, obviously, it is an odd choice and probably not to everyone's liking, especially when you don't know what you're about to see and expect a Malick thesis.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1720 on: April 15, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
I am kinda glad it wasn't Tree of Life (as reported on Twitter).

If it was, I would have driven to Austin and done a hit and run on the folks leaving the theater.

I do love the horizontal format that Tyler uses from time to time. I would even argue that the SW set would have benefited from this layout as well...
My two favs of his also happen to be Robocop and Let the Right One In...

I was mistaken,

JessicaLee

« Reply #1721 on: April 15, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »
I wonder if some people were disappointed by the choice of film.  I mean, obviously, it is an odd choice and probably not to everyone's liking, especially when you don't know what you're about to see and expect a Malick thesis.

T

Tyler chose the film and the ticket sales were donated to relief efforts in Japan. It seemed like people were pleased - we had a positive response from people after the show.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1722 on: April 15, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »
Awesome idea, Jessica.  I didn't know about the Japan relief effort donation.

T
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1723 on: April 15, 2011, 06:46:18 PM »
Even worse than Mondo flippers:iPad flippers.

guest8

« Reply #1724 on: April 19, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
Looks like Pan is going to be the next print .. and a Horkey to boot! His detail is amazing and I cant wait to see a full image of the poster ..  I just hope I can get away from work long enough to grab one!!