Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1544443 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1676 on: April 13, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »
is this the standard $ it goes for these days?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110670994192&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Who the hell knows.  In my day we used to spend that $$$$ on ho's and an 8-ball, these kids today will buy any crap that's put in front of 'em.

guest8

« Reply #1677 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38:13 AM »
is this the standard $ it goes for these days?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110670994192&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

They used to be going for ~90-$100 until the new Tron Legacy came out then the prices started going up and iirc thats the 2nd one Doyle has sold and his always fetch a premium price which skews the average sales records and then everyone else think they can get $200+ for theirs .. You could probably find one ~$150 if you were really looking ..

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1678 on: April 13, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »
nah I have one, and don't like it.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

guest8

« Reply #1679 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:42 AM »
nah I have one, and don't like it.

Sell it to me on the cheap ! ;)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1680 on: April 13, 2011, 02:50:40 PM »
Nightmare is Nightmare, but I don't get the Scream design at all. That seems more in line with Hostel or something else...something a few more notches higher in the gore department.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1681 on: April 13, 2011, 04:41:52 PM »
Nightmare is Nightmare, but I don't get the Scream design at all. That seems more in line with Hostel or something else...something a few more notches higher in the gore department.

It is a bit odd - I guess you can make out the shape of the ghost mask if you blur your eyes a bit.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #1682 on: April 14, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
Who the hell knows.  In my day we used to spend that $$$$ on ho's and an 8-ball, these kids today will buy any crap that's put in front of 'em.
laugh1

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1683 on: April 14, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
fucking pathetic checkout..

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1684 on: April 14, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »
I actually got in for once, cant believe it.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1685 on: April 14, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »
logged in, added to basket before the tweet, checkout done, make paypal payment done. checkout again. out of stock.. what the fuck.. im not even gonna bother with this crap anymore..

guest8

« Reply #1686 on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »
this one was early .. and trying to log into PP on my phone tripped me up .. So I missed the NOES :(

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1687 on: April 14, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
Wow, I just woke up and it's already over?  So glad I didn't want any.  I would have been pissed otherwise.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #1688 on: April 14, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »
Yeah that seems to be the consensus so far .. No one really minds missing these .. But the early drop seems to screw West coasters .. Had this been a JP or Pan drop I believe Mondo would have caused a riot! :P

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1689 on: April 14, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
that sucks you guys, better luck next time. i wasnt even trying i got a text, took my sweet ass time, put it in my cart laughed for a second, then went back to the main screen still in stock (yes i refreshed it). i just closed my browser after that i didnt like either of them and didnt want to buy them. it just made me feel a lil better knowing that i could of just grabbed the latest mondo print.

guest8

« Reply #1690 on: April 14, 2011, 12:16:26 PM »
that sucks you guys, better luck next time. i wasnt even trying i got a text, took my sweet ass time, put it in my cart laughed for a second, then went back to the main screen still in stock (yes i refreshed it). i just closed my browser after that i didnt like either of them and didnt want to buy them. it just made me feel a lil better knowing that i could of just grabbed the latest mondo print.

Well carting it is easy enough its getting all the way through the checkout that is tough .. i had one in my cart but because I slowed myself down in PP I lost it while I was fumbling around in there .. I think thats why so many people get upset, they think "YES!! I got it!! just to get to the end and see Out of Stock .. It can be crushing .. The only time that was worse was the Moss SW oversell .. I was ecstatic all day long just to get that email in the middle of the night .. :(

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1691 on: April 14, 2011, 01:06:12 PM »
Well carting it is easy enough its getting all the way through the checkout that is tough .. i had one in my cart but because I slowed myself down in PP I lost it while I was fumbling around in there .. I think thats why so many people get upset, they think "YES!! I got it!! just to get to the end and see Out of Stock .. It can be crushing .. The only time that was worse was the Moss SW oversell .. I was ecstatic all day long just to get that email in the middle of the night .. :(

Now that REALLY SUCKS. i got the white screen of death on the Moss SW set i was in there in time for sure. Did mondo do anything to "make it up"? eyeroll

guest8

« Reply #1692 on: April 14, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
Now that REALLY SUCKS. i got the white screen of death on the Moss SW set i was in there in time for sure. Did mondo do anything to "make it up"? eyeroll

Not at all, which really stung when the story got out about some of the SW posters that came out just before (R2D2 iirc) had been damaged prior to delivery and in an effort to make up for that Mondo gave those misfortune buyers a guarantee that they would be 1st in line for the next posters which happened to be the Moss set .. Which is great for them .. but Mondos customer service is up and down .. Either they do you a solid and really take care of you or they just flat out ignore you all together .. :(

guest8

« Reply #1693 on: April 14, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »
Speaking of Mondos customer service .. What happened to the Mondo rep that was in here ?? Has she even logged in since she came in and ignored half of our questions??

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1694 on: April 14, 2011, 02:12:10 PM »
Speaking of Mondos customer service .. What happened to the Mondo rep that was in here ?? Has she even logged in since she came in and ignored half of our questions??

Ha, do you blame her?

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #1695 on: April 14, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »
Ha, do you blame her?

Yes .. 100% .. Why send someone out to join forums and be the "face" of Mondo if they just ignore a bunch of questions (that she asked for) then disappear.. It makes Mondo look worse than if they hadnt tired at all ..

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1696 on: April 14, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
Well, I wouldn't rush to judgment on either Jessica's involvement (or lack thereof) or Mondo's. 

A Mondo source here on our fun but dorky forum is just a bonus...either way, no biggie.

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #1697 on: April 14, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »
Well, I wouldn't rush to judgment on either Jessica's involvement (or lack thereof) or Mondo's. 

A Mondo source here on our fun but dorky forum is just a bonus...either way, no biggie.

I would agree if she was still here ..

EDIT ::

I stand corrected .. By myself non-the-less :P

She is still around ...

I just checked her profile and apparently she was on today .. Maybe checking on any comments from todays drop ? Too bad she doesnt join in some of the convo's we have going on .. :(

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1698 on: April 14, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »
So right now, for anyone interested, there is a Mystery Movie night going on at the Alamo.

Tickets sold out in literally a few seconds. There is a standby line.

EB says that Harry of AICN just showed up (to get his free poster).

So yes, there is a poster tonight but only for the people that are there.

I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1699 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:46 PM »
I just checked the pictures posted on EB and I'm worried... worried that we all look so white, fat and nerdy.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)