Author Topic: Nibbled to death by piranhas....  (Read 4320 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Nibbled to death by piranhas....
« on: November 19, 2019, 08:22:31 PM »
That's what auction bidding is like to me. Being fucking nibbled to death by piranhas.  The stupid little games of waiting till the last seconds, only to have to watch that fucking countdown for ANOTHER 5 minutes....

Whew... now I feel better.... Thanks for listening :)

H
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Nibbled to death by piranhas....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »
You have no idea.  On Tuesdays, our beloved nanny has class so I知 in charge.  As we speak, I知 watching my daughter do ballet, my son is on his iPad (so far quiet), I知 pushing my other daughter on her stroller while trying to bid and dealing with idiots who have zero concept of value and keep overbidding each other.  At least it seems the market is doing well, but it is a challenge.

;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »
I'm probably one of the idiots paying too much, but I like what I like lol

I have a vision of Mr. Mom bidding auctions while pushing a stroller. I see a wig.... and heels....

H

You have no idea.  On Tuesdays, our beloved nanny has class so I知 in charge.  As we speak, I知 watching my daughter do ballet, my son is on his iPad (so far quiet), I知 pushing my other daughter on her stroller while trying to bid and dealing with idiots who have zero concept of value and keep overbidding each other.  At least it seems the market is doing well, but it is a challenge.

;)

T
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:51:30 PM »
I知 an idiot too.  I just spent $400 on a Ready Player One B1 Hahahaha!!!  How dumb!!!  Had to have it.  I bet the next one will sell for $35 ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 09:53:39 PM »
Hey Holiday!

I was lucky recently and the nibblers stayed away. I hope to have a surprise to show in a month or so when Mario works his magic.  Okie

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »
Holiday,
As I'm sure you are aware, it's even worse on YJ - at least on the US auction sites the minimum bid increases as the bids get higher.
I've bid on Japanese auctions, and watch people chip away $10 at time even though the bid is over ・700,000
It's just silly
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 08:04:01 AM »
That's what auction bidding is like to me. Being fucking nibbled to death by piranhas.  The stupid little games of waiting till the last seconds, only to have to watch that fucking countdown for ANOTHER 5 minutes....

Whew... now I feel better.... Thanks for listening :)

H

Happened so few times to me, but yes.  A pain in the ass.  Perhaps the concept of sniping on emp is sort of lost on them...

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 11:10:13 AM »
Let me just say, Theirry gives me all kinds of fucking grief about overspending, and then he pays over $400 for that B1 - I am so happy to be able to call him AN OVERSPENDING IDIOT JUST LIKE ME! Lol. 

I did own overspending, though.... lol

That annoyed me about the bidding is the people waiting till the last seconds. Just fucking bid!  Don't be a bidding douche.  Don't be that person....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 11:31:40 AM »
Let me just say, Theirry gives me all kinds of fucking grief about overspending, and then he pays over $400 for that B1 - I am so happy to be able to call him AN OVERSPENDING IDIOT JUST LIKE ME! Lol. 

Well, I NEEDED IT for my Spielberg collection.  There was no way around it.  I would have spent much more, so in retrospect, I got a bargain hahaha.  The problem with me, I guess, is that I have way too many collections.  50 something at the last count.

T

OK... Back to CNN and the fuck up.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 12:51:22 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection