Author Topic: I'm outta town  (Read 5226 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
I'm outta town
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »
One of you're fearless fellow collectors is out of town.  I'm spending a few days with my kids in North Carolina.  Heading into the cold!!!!!

Lots of comments and suggestions have come in for the boards.  Things will change a bit slowly given the holidays and my being away (don't ask Thierry to do anything technical - he's an electronics idiot).  I'll be around on when I'm off the mountain and on when I am.  So, play nice!

Holiday
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: I'm outta town
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 12:25:30 PM »
So does this mean your poster collection is unguarded at the moment?    ;D
Chris

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »
My poster collection is always guarded by the hounds of hell.

Getting back from a nice trip.  DELTA SUCKS HARD!!!!!!!  They screwed up my flight on the way up so bad I had to purchase one way tickets.  Then, because I didn't get on the original flight, they canceled my return flight!  They told me I would not be able to return until the following evening!  I had to buy AGAIN one way tickets to return home on AirTran.  All I got was stupid looks from the DELTA personnel.  If this had happened 10 years ago, I would have ripped their f@#king heads off and shit down their throats.  But, my kids were with me, I stayed pretty calm, and reminded myself that even thought I don't always get the Big Guy's plan, I'm part of it and that I need to go with the flow.

But that doesn't mean that I have to say anything other than DELTA CAN HONK MY BIG OLE KNOB!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 10:35:07 PM »
'If this had happened 10 years ago, I would have ripped their f@#king heads off and shit down their throats'

Holiday, some people may find this statement offensive ;)

Seriously though...sorry to hear you had a crappy trip.  EVERYTIME I go away somewhere weird things happen - like the plane that is supposed to come pick us up catches on fire in Cuba and so they have to send another plane all the way from Canada to the Dominican Republic.

Going with the flow as much as possible is the best way to stay sane...
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 10:36:51 PM »
My poster collection is always guarded by the hounds of hell.

Getting back from a nice trip.  DELTA SUCKS HARD!!!!!!!  They screwed up my flight on the way up so bad I had to purchase one way tickets.  Then, because I didn't get on the original flight, they canceled my return flight!  They told me I would not be able to return until the following evening!  I had to buy AGAIN one way tickets to return home on AirTran.  All I got was stupid looks from the DELTA personnel.  If this had happened 10 years ago, I would have ripped their f@#king heads off and shit down their throats.  But, my kids were with me, I stayed pretty calm, and reminded myself that even thought I don't always get the Big Guy's plan, I'm part of it and that I need to go with the flow.

But that doesn't mean that I have to say anything other than DELTA CAN HONK MY BIG OLE KNOB!

I'm very offended by that language (ha-ha).

Actually, you were smart not to threaten to "blow up the plane" like this f*cktard idiot did.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
I stayed pretty calm, and reminded myself that even thought I don't always get the Big Guy's plan, I'm part of it and that I need to go with the flow.

The storm He sends you into is not your decision, but how you endure the storm determines your destiny. Trouble is an asset and it has made you who your are today. Just as iron sharpens iron you are sharpened by trouble. Only the impurities rise to the surface when gold is put into the hottest of fires to be scraped off and separated from the purity of the substance.

Glad to see you made it safely.

Chad

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 04:29:41 AM »
at least you are home, which is more than a lot of other americans will be able to say in a couple of days.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery