Author Topic: Bond poster Dr. No. is this one Spanish? real?  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
Bond poster Dr. No. is this one Spanish? real?
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:33:14 AM »
could use some jhelp here guys, what country is this from and do you think its original?

link:

https://imgur.com/gallery/bjJYvGT

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Bond poster Dr. No. is this one Spanish? real?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 09:35:12 AM »
French.

But without seeing edges I am not sure anyone would be able to assure.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:30:55 AM »
That same design was used for several different French releases from the original 60s right through to the 80s. I would suggest looking at high res images from heritage to tell the differences. Usually it can be determined from the style and placement of the fine printers text at the bottom.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »
There are 3 styles of this poster.  Red, blue and purple.  The red one is by far the hardest one to find.  The blue was used in a late 70s re-release.  If the printer's info at the bottom right says St. Martin, Paris, you're good.  If it says SE Lalande Courbet, it's a re-release probably worth $100.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 02:27:21 PM »
To clarify T said, the red, blue and purple were all used during the original release. But only the blue was reprinted for the re-releases in the 70s and 80s.

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 02:30:03 PM »
Hello Eatbrie: so which version is this one? I presume the purple one since you say I'm "good" if it has the right printer info. I presme you mean its not the re issue blue one. if this is purple is it worth a lot?

Also another one from the same seller:

French? original?

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »
oh that was the wrong link, sorry. this one here: french/dr No.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qqZnNwM

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »
That one is From Russia with Love.  As it says in English, just under the Bons Baisers bit...

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
yes i started a separate thread for it

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 06:55:58 PM »
Hello Eatbrie: so which version is this one? I presume the purple one since you say I'm "good" if it has the right printer info. I presme you mean its not the re issue blue one. if this is purple is it worth a lot?

Also another one from the same seller:

French? original?

You need the name of the printer.  Without it, no one will be able to answer your questions.  At first glance, though, both look like SE Lalande or SA Lalande re-releases.  The difference from original and re-releases is about $2k in price.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
what you say  makes sense. Its hard to believe these posters were sitting out like that, unframed for 60 years without showing much sign of wear or discoloration or whatever.  thanks for your help.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 10:39:58 PM »
Just ask the seller to tell you the name of the printer, then you'll know for sure.

T
My Personal Collection