Author Topic: September 2015  (Read 55203 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: September 2015
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »
Mad Max Fury Road Japanese B1

Three great posters, Tob!
Now I have to hunt down this Fury Road...
 moron1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
Yeah you should have gone with your first instincts and not posted them

Yeah, you may have a point.  Unless someone out there has as much bad taste in posters as I do, in which case it was worth my 3 minutes.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Mirosae

« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2015, 04:26:44 PM »
I went to see Minions with my daughter and dozed off, but I really like those wildings...they're good fun! And a bargain too. I want a wilding contact who sells me nice posters for peanuts! :D

Here are 3 recent ones I got

Mad Max Fury Road Japanese B1

Dollars Trilogy show poster from Italy (thanks to Teamweapon for heads up)

Empire Strikes Back Kilian R95...I take crappy photos at the best of times, but this one is impossible to photograph!

Tob,  wonderful posters. It is good to see such a vibrant colours.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »
Yeah, you may have a point.  Unless someone out there has as much bad taste in posters as I do, in which case it was worth my 3 minutes.

T

They're cute.
And for $20 they are even cuter.

Mirosae

« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »
They're cute.
And for $20 they are even cuter.

Acute description indeed .. Chris (CSM) is going to have to agree to that :D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2015, 07:28:06 PM »
Acute description indeed .. Chris (CSM) is going to have to agree to that :D

I actually think it's great when someone says he doesn't like something.  I know people don't like to hear negative comments about what they collect, but I believe everyone is entitle to his/her opinion and I, for one, welcome it.  So kudos to Chris for saying what he thinks.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2015, 08:51:54 PM »
So kudos to Chris for saying what he thinks.

He thinks? I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention it.  ;D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »
He thinks? I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention it.  ;D

Hahaha.
You've seen his avatar, right?
Its all in the furrowed uni-brow.

Either that or he's constipated...
 wynk

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2015, 10:00:30 PM »
Hahaha.
You've seen his avatar, right?
Its all in the furrowed uni-brow.

Either that or he's constipated...
 wynk

Doh.gif crying

;D ;D

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »
I actually think it's great when someone says he doesn't like something.  I know people don't like to hear negative comments about what they collect, but I believe everyone is entitle to his/her opinion and I, for one, welcome it.  So kudos to Chris for saying what he thinks.

T

Ditto, T.

We all like and have different tastes and collecting habits. It would be SO boring if we all were the same, in that regard. Like anything, its part of what makes the hobby so interesting-- all the varied POVs.

-Jeff

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2015, 01:24:23 AM »

We all like and have different tastes

Very true.  I taste like turd, but I don't particularly care for it.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2015, 01:26:26 AM »

T

Bad taste goes a long way in this world

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2015, 01:41:54 AM »
Bad taste goes a long way in this world

It does, Mike.

hehe.

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2015, 06:12:19 AM »

T

Fair enough. But my comment was an "inner joke" to Chris because of the earlier use of the word " cute"  in reference to something he mentioned once about the cute word. Clearly lost in translation. It was nothing to do with his views about your posters.

And yes. Agree. We all have a  #  taste. Personally I rather say nothing about the poster if I dont like it because I see no need to. None of my business what people buy and collect. I have however voiced my views in the past about certain posters that seem to celebrate violence against women which yes,  I do find both offensive and distasteful. But that is separate issue altogether.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2015, 07:23:45 AM »
We love minions in our household and that wilding set is great. I wish the posters were available in one sheet size. Congratulations Thierry in getting the complete set (?) at a bargain price.

Mark

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2015, 07:30:15 AM »
And yes. Agree. We all have a  #  taste. Personally I rather say nothing about the poster if I dont like it because I see no need to. None of my business what people buy and collect. I have however voiced my views in the past about certain posters that seem to celebrate violence against women which yes,  I do find both offensive and distasteful. But that is separate issue altogether.

I am quiet when i see peoples crappy posters as well but people are quite rude about my beloved Mex Lobby Cards

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »
If I don't like something (or don't care for something,) I'm like Rosa, I don't say anything.  I tried to voice my opinion in the past and found myself in the middle of a storm.  So we applaud if we like something and stay mute if we don't... except for Chris, of course.  It's funny, though.  If you're in a museum and see something you don't like, you say it.  But for some reason, collectors get very touchy about what they collect, like if they were personally being criticized.  I'd like to voice my opinion more often, but I'd also like the collector to know that it has nothing to do with them.  It is an opinion, and like my Grandmother used to say, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and most of them stink.  At the end of the day, they're just posters, who cares if someone doesn't like yours.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »
I am quiet when i see peoples crappy posters as well but people are quite rude about my beloved Mex Lobby Cards

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2015, 11:30:51 AM »
At the end of the day, they're just posters, who cares if someone doesn't like yours.

T

Here here!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2015, 12:24:18 PM »
If I don't like something (or don't care for something,) I'm like Rosa, I don't say anything.  I tried to voice my opinion in the past and found myself in the middle of a storm.  So we applaud if we like something and stay mute if we don't... except for Chris, of course.  It's funny, though.  If you're in a museum and see something you don't like, you say it.  But for some reason, collectors get very touchy about what they collect, like if they were personally being criticized.  I'd like to voice my opinion more often, but I'd also like the collector to know that it has nothing to do with them.  It is an opinion, and like my Grandmother used to say, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and most of them stink.  At the end of the day, they're just posters, who cares if someone doesn't like yours.

T

Well said, T.   clap clap

And i think many are this way, here.. stating what they think (if it is one that they also like) or remain silent if it aint their cuppa tea.

Tho it is nice to see when collectors applaud a fellow member's recent pickup of something, especially if it has been on that person's 'want list' for a while. That kind of commentary can make people feel good about what they have gotten and also make them feel (in some cases) like they want to show it here, rather than not post the poster or anything about it, at all.

-Jeff

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »
I have to say that I see plenty of posters here that I like but hardly ever say so. I guess I'm just lazy.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2015, 05:42:50 PM »
Zowie! I don't even look at this post for a mere 24 hours or so and when I do, I expect to find nothing new---that you are all a bunch of slackers. Instead, yowza! I find a plethora of paper perfection!

Golly Paul---original concept art? Wow! What a concept! GREAT idea and great piece. But that has me asking the question, where doth all of the original poster art go-eth? How cool would it be to own some? Wow!

Gargoyle67--zoinkers!  Nice spread. I have a lot of those but looking at your posters reminds me of WHY I bought them. The RAIDERS re-release is so kick ass (way better than the original release). I've always been partial to the cool-i-o FLASH GORDON one sheet. I even really love the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA poster that screams out it is in SENSURROUND (one of only 4 movies that ever was).

MWright, what can I say?  You've broken me. Because of you, the very next chance I have so spending money (which admittedly may be months way), I am going to lose my Thai virginity, dammit. Those posters are gorgeous!

Jeff--Damn you! I (and apparently the rest of the world) have been after an ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK one sheet forever. And you sashay on in here with not only the one sheet, but the advance as well. Have you no shame? (Bravo, by the way...)

Good job all  the way around.

CHEERS!

Hey MAGG...

You can get one here: http://www.mauvais-genres.com/en/archives/3358-escape-from-new-york-john-carpenter-original-us-1sh-movie-poster-81-kurt-russel.html   :o
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:47:46 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2015, 06:53:03 PM »
Hey MAGG...

You can get one here: http://www.mauvais-genres.com/en/archives/3358-escape-from-new-york-john-carpenter-original-us-1sh-movie-poster-81-kurt-russel.html   :o

Hardee Har Har, jeff. Like I can afford anything right now. I'll get one eventually.  Bit thanks..
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2015, 06:54:51 PM »
Hardee Har Har, jeff. Like I can afford anything right now. I'll get one eventually.  Bit thanks..

cheers   ;D

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
Here here!

I say old chap, don't you mean 'hear hear!' ?