Common Poster Subjects > Research & Collecting Tools

S2 vs The "Real Deal"

(1/13) > >>

erik1925:
Early in December, I saw that someone had listed & was selling his S2 litho of The Mummy. In his description, this seller mentioned how he had had the opportunity to see a genuine US OS, and said that the 2 were almost indistinguishable. That got me curious to look at several areas of each poster and compare them side by side.

While the S2 is close in many ways, there are visible differences in the artwork (since the S2 image was based on the original, and not merely copied). The S2s are incredible pieces of art, tho, without question!  thumbup

Just for fun, i did several side by sides: The S2 image is on the left, the US OS on the right:

eatbrie:
Awful, just awful.  Sorry Jeff, but you can't even compare.

T

wonka:

--- Quote from: erik1925 on January 16, 2014, 05:49:37 PM ---  

--- End quote ---

This alone shows how much better the OG is. In the S2, she looks like she got punched in the face/designed by a daybill pro. (Sorry, Chris...had to).

erik1925:
T,

The original US OS is the ticket,.. without question. This was more to show that there are very real differences in the S2 version.. the stone litho presses and process the S2 Group used were a great way to produce these.

But as the side by side images show, they are far from "mirror, spittin' images" of each other, as the seller in Dec described it to be, even after him seeing a genuine MUMMY OS in person.

erik1925:

--- Quote from: wonka on January 16, 2014, 08:28:20 PM ---This alone shows how much better the OG is. In the S2, she looks like she got punched in the face/designed by a daybill pro. (Sorry, Chris...had to).

--- End quote ---

Johann's left jawline on the S2 is completely outta whack.  :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version