Common Poster Subjects > Research & Collecting Tools

S2 vs The "Real Deal"

<< < (2/13) > >>

CSM:

--- Quote from: wonka on January 16, 2014, 08:28:20 PM ---This alone shows how much better the OG is. In the S2, she looks like she got punched in the face/designed by a daybill pro. (Sorry, Chris...had to).

--- End quote ---

It's OK Ben.  I agree on this one.  A butchering for sure. 

See usually on daybills the whole of the art is butchered so a terrible mug like that is less noticeable as it blends in nicely.

PS - I am no "fan" of the S2's.  If I wanted the Mummy image I'd rather spend $10 on a more faithful reproduction even if it doesn't have the authentic period litho feel to it.  But I can understand (somewhat) their appeal to others.  But certainly not the $400+ worth of appeal they have attained many a time ---> that's ridiculous

wonka:

--- Quote from: CSM on January 16, 2014, 09:08:31 PM ---It's OK Ben.  I agree on this one.  A butchering for sure. 

See usually on daybills the whole of the art is butchered so a terrible mug like that is less noticeable as it blends in nicely.

PS - I am no "fan" of the S2's.  If I wanted the Mummy image I'd rather spend $10 on a more faithful reproduction even if it doesn't have the authentic period litho feel to it.  But I can understand (somewhat) their appeal to others.  But certainly not the $400+ worth of appeal they have attained many a time ---> that's ridiculous

--- End quote ---

I laughed.

Yeah, I don't get the hefty price tag on these. Are all of them altered so drastically?

MoviePosterBid.com:

--- Quote from: wonka on January 16, 2014, 09:16:37 PM ---I laughed.

Yeah, I don't get the hefty price tag on these. Are all of them altered so drastically?

--- End quote ---

not exactly "altered" Ben.

each one has an additional name in the bottom border - the artist who actually re-drew all of the posters for the S2Art prints.

I have a Kong 3sh here.. I never checked to see if it is exact.. But it probably isn't

of course, I don't know why what Greg Douglas (former guitarist for such bands as Steve Miller and Joe Walsh) is such a big deal.. If a major dealer like Grey, or Peter or Myself etc were to make the statement.. I could see that as a statement to critique.. Greg can hardly be classified as a dealer

S2Art prints are not reproductions, they are replicas

wonka:

--- Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com on January 16, 2014, 09:24:01 PM ---not exactly "altered" Ben.

each one has an additional name in the bottom border - the artist who actually re-drew all of the posters for the S2Art prints.

I have a Kong 3sh here.. I never checked to see if it is exact.. But it probably isn't

of course, I don't know why what Greg Douglas (former guitarist for such bands as Steve Miller and Joe Walsh) is such a big deal.. If a major dealer like Grey, or Peter or Myself etc were to make the statement.. I could see that as a statement to critique.. Greg can hardly be classified as a dealer

S2Art prints are not reproductions, they are replicas

--- End quote ---

Used this on Bruce, and I like it...so:

MoviePosterBid.com:
what's the stare relate to Ben.. the S2's are recreations, not exact reprints. An artist completely re-drew every poster they produced in this series.

Greg Douglass... he's a rock musician, not a poster dealer

what else was there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version