Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 265031 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
That's one club I'll never get a membership to!
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »
I might one day, you know bucket list kinda thing. Just to show off to my grand children etc.

and sorry for not really answering pelaochile, basically he is a complete arsehole.
He probably sent posters to you, if he didn't, good luck getting any sense out of him. He likes to shout a lot.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »
greg egbert... I bought some posters in his vendio and 20 days later he told me that 2 of the 10 posters i have bought he doesnt have any more!!! no refund!!! and dont send me the tracking number!!! i am suspecting that he send it by first class mail although i paid for priority mail international  :-\ or worst

Welcome to APF pelaochile.
Same thing happened to me. I didn't get a refund until I called him on the phone.
Have you tried him on his posted number?
I would also file a claim with Paypal.
Best of luck!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
greg egbert... I bought some posters in his vendio and 20 days later he told me that 2 of the 10 posters i have bought he doesnt have any more!!! no refund!!! and dont send me the tracking number!!! i am suspecting that he send it by first class mail although i paid for priority mail international  :-\ or worst

Are you pursuing a refund through Paypal?

Welcome to the forum by the way! :)

pelaochile

« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »
I have paid using credit card... Is there a customer service or something in the USA where I can stamp my complaint against this guy and his page? we should try to shut his page down to end with this type of things

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
contact your credit card company.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

pelaochile

« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »
Finally send to me the tracking number, this was my response: I have paid for priority mail international and that's a first class mail tracking number. Also you tell me that you send it the 13th of the past month and the traking says that the package was sent on  May 03, 2012, I think I just waste my money, what a shame.

God I want to kill myself  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »
Finally send to me the tracking number, this was my response: I have paid for priority mail international and that's a first class mail tracking number. Also you tell me that you send it the 13th of the past month and the traking says that the package was sent on  May 03, 2012, I think I just waste my money, what a shame.

God I want to kill myself  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Most of us have been duped by this guy at one time or another.
Hopefully, the posters will arrive safely and you haven't lost much money.
What posters did you buy?

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2012, 02:28:32 AM »
eBay seller:  maillotsfoot42affiches   

I think a few people here have bought from him.  I bought two advertisement bus shelters from him, both listed as NEW.  One arrived perfect, the other had a 3 inch tear at the top which had been taped, and then a 2 inch crease in the middle!  I sent him pictures last Saturday and heard nothing back, emailed him again a few days ago nothing.  I thought he might be away because he didn't have anything listed for a few days but he's started listing stuff again so I know he's at least seen my messages.  I could live with with the damage (at least it's not worth shipping it back to France if need be), but the fact the guy won't even bother to reply to my messages (and offer a solution) pisses me off, now I'm thinking of filing a claim with eBay just as a matter of principle.  First off it shouldn't have been listed as NEW, and second the damage should have at least been noted in the description, as obviously it was damaged before he sent it because the tear was taped!  Should I bother offering to take a 50% refund (which is like 9 euros) to drop the matter or just file the claim since I've already given him a week and two opportunities to respond?  Here's a few pics.  I don't like being picky, but doesn't the taped 3 inch tear pretty much preclude it from being NEW? It's not a rare poster I would have bought from someone else if I had known this is what I'd get.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:48:21 AM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »
File a claim.  If he gets away with that kind of misrepresentation, he'll do it again.
The very fact that he's ignoring you is bullshit.
Stop the putz in his tracks.
 cheers

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »
File a claim.  If he gets away with that kind of misrepresentation, he'll do it again.
The very fact that he's ignoring you is bullshit.
Stop the putz in his tracks.
 cheers

Well I filed and claim, he didn't respond, I escalated it to eBay and they're telling me I have to pay to send it back to France with tracking, for a full refund of the purchase price plus the original shipping cost.  So in other words I have to pay more to ship it back than I paid to have it shipped to me as International Tracking is expensive.  I always thought eBay was overly buyer conscience, ironic how when you actually need them to stand up for you as a buyer they pull this crap with a bum seller.  I'm not interested in investing anymore money in this, especially when the seller has completely ignored me!  I told eBay I wasn't interested in doing this, and didn't want a full refund but a partial.  Looks like I'll just have to leave him negative feedback.  Anyone know if I have recourse with Paypal? I still have a few days left before the 45 day limit.  Don't know if I can file a claim with them since I already opened one with eBay.  So it looks like this guy going to get off with nothing more than negative feedback, frankly I'm surprised eBay is cutting this guy slack when the seller has made no effort whatsoever to even try to make this right.  Wouldn't surprise me if he's been through this before and knew nothing would happen.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:13:45 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »
Well I filed and claim, he didn't respond, I escalated it to eBay and they're telling me I have to pay to send it back to France with tracking, for a full refund of the purchase price plus the original shipping cost.  So in other words I have to pay more to ship it back than I paid to have it shipped to me as International Tracking is expensive.  I always thought eBay was overly buyer conscience, ironic how when you actually need them to stand up for you as a buyer they pull this crap with a bum seller.  I'm not interested in investing anymore money in this, especially when the seller has completely ignored me!  I told eBay I wasn't interested in doing this, and didn't want a full refund but a partial.  Looks like I'll just have to leave him negative feedback.  Anyone know if I have recourse with Paypal? I still have a few days left before the 45 day limit.  Don't know if I can file a claim with them since I already opened one with eBay.  So it looks like this guy going to get off with nothing more than negative feedback, frankly I'm surprised eBay is cutting this guy slack when the seller has made no effort whatsoever to even try to make this right.  Wouldn't surprise me if he's been through this before and knew nothing would happen.

Paypal and eBay are basically the same entity in this situation.
Chris

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
MVP, the refund/return shipping dealio is just one of the bad things when dealing with some people.  If it gets damaged (or was damaged before sent), and the seller doesn't want to make it right, then the buyer is out the cost to ship it back.  It's not a perfect system for the buyer, but at least you can be refunded for the purchase.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2012, 12:34:31 PM »
Paypal and eBay are basically the same entity in this situation.

Figured so.  So I guess I'll chalk this up as a loss.  Luckily it's not too badly damaged.  Really I'm more pissed the seller just ignored me and didn't bother to offer anything to make it right.  I would have been happy with a few euros back, now it's going to cost him negative feedback, though I seriously doubt he cares.  Should have bought this from another French seller who had 3 posters I wanted, but I bought from this loser because he said it was new, oh well.  Live and learn.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
In the few altercations I've had with ebay sellers. Ebay have only sided with me once, they 90% of the time back the seller weather right or wrong....  This is another reason I stopped buying from over seas, I was spending more on postage than posters, and any problems it was more cost to send items back.

Luckily this was a cheap poster, so just give the negative feedback, post the name of the bad seller, as you have done here, and get on with your life. These people aren't worth the hassle.  Now if you were in the same country as the seller, a knock on the door, and a big bat sort most problems out, I've found.  ....It's great exercise too. ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
 This is another reason I stopped buying from over seas, I was spending more on postage than posters, and any problems it was more cost to send items back.

Yea, unfortunately about 90% of what I buy on eBay is out of the country.  I guess if this is the worst I experience then I should count my blessings.  At least I know how eBay's going to react now, and that I won't be able to rely on them with foreign transactions.  So what would eBay have done if I'd never received the item, and the seller never responded?  Would I be out of luck also?

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
The thing with ebay is tracking numbers...., if the seller sends you a tracking number, basically your screwed. If you don't get a tracking number, ebay will side with you.... 

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2012, 01:04:33 PM »
The thing with ebay is tracking numbers...., if the seller sends you a tracking number, basically your screwed. If you don't get a tracking number, ebay will side with you.... 

It's rare for any international seller put tracking on anything I've bought.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »
If you didn't get a tracking number you should have said it never turned up and you would have got payment and postage back...

Unfortunately in dealing with wankers (bad sellers, and ebay), you must become one yourself....  ;)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
If you didn't get a tracking number you should have said it never turned up and you would have got payment and postage back...

Unfortunately in dealing with wankers (bad sellers, and ebay), you must become one yourself....  ;)

Yea, lucky for this guy I'm an honest person.  I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.  Plus things all seem to even out in the long run, at least for me, if I get short changed on something I find I usually get more back on something else later.  Still it's aggravating, but ultimately not worth anymore time.

Charlie

« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »
Yea, lucky for this guy I'm an honest person.  I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.  Plus things all seem to even out in the long run, at least for me, if I get short changed on something I find I usually get more back on something else later.  Still it's aggravating, but ultimately not worth anymore time.

Hey is that a Portman Dior poster?  If all it has is the three inch tear and crease I might buy it from you...

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »
Hey is that a Portman Dior poster?  If all it has is the three inch tear and crease I might buy it from you...

No it's one of the Knightley Coco Chanel posters.

Charlie

« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
No it's one of the Knightley Coco Chanel posters.

Wife won't let me hang the Suspender Coco up or the Portman Bow Dior...  But there are two new ones T showed me that may pass...

pelaochile

« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2012, 02:09:25 AM »
My posters finally arrives, and in excellent shape, but there's a lot of negligence in egbert customers service

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2012, 05:50:32 PM »
adminweb@posteritalia.com

He's blocked my emails , tell him to return the italy 2sh and french half sheet asap , please.....paid him a month ago for shipping yet no posters  moron1  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:51:08 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »