Author Topic: Carole Landis  (Read 2829 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Carole Landis
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »
Carole Landis: How about a thread on posters and related movie memorabilia images for this talented, lovely, and most traveled WWII USO actress!?  Note to The Sundance Kid: she's also blonde!  Here's Ms. Landis starring in One Million B.C. where she ultimately teaches Victor Mature how to live civilized.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Carole Landis
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 01:46:37 AM »
Anyone else on APF have any Carole Landis movie paper or stills to show off?  I would sure enjoy seeing what you might have?  Okie

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:44:28 PM »
No Carole Landis, but what size is that One Million B.C.?
It is absolutely gorgeous!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »
No Carole Landis, but what size is that One Million B.C.?
It is absolutely gorgeous!
r
Hi Brude!
It's a one sheet at 27" x 41".   I was sure happy to get it.  What a wild image, eh?  Okie

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 07:53:36 PM »
Sure is!
I haven't seen one in such nice condition!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 07:55:35 PM »
I never would have guessed that Hal Roach produced this version of the movie, either.

Very cool.

And I concur with Ted, okie. Nice poster!

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »
It's also one of those cases where this poster had not shown up for sale in quite some time and then two posters show up.  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 08:07:59 PM »
It seems to happen that way, from time to time. Zilch on the horizon... then a few appear over a short period of time.

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »
It seems to happen that way, from time to time. Zilch on the horizon... then a few appear over a short period of time.
Hi Jeff,  Once I bought two of the same poster from 1929 that were part of a group found rolled up in a barn in Wisconsin.  The posters were from a traveling tent movie theatre that had moved around the countryside back then. The tent theatre proprietor would display one poster for the movie that was showing on each side of the tent entrance.  Thus, two posters from the same show sometimes were in the roll of posters.  I like to imagine that when two posters show up on the market at the same time, their origin has a similar story behind them.  I know the next question you may ask, Jeff, "Okie, what were those two posters you got from that barn find?".  Answer: The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »
Hi Jeff,  Once I bought two of the same poster from 1929 that were part of a group found rolled up in a barn in Wisconsin.  The posters were from a traveling tent movie theatre that had moved around the countryside back then. The tent theatre proprietor would display one poster for the movie that was showing on each side of the tent entrance.  Thus, two posters from the same show sometimes were in the roll of posters.  I like to imagine that when two posters show up on the market at the same time, their origin has a similar story behind them.  I know the next question you may ask, Jeff, "Okie, what were those two posters you got from that barn find?".  Answer: The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu!

Of course, we now need to see a pic of said Fu Manchu posters, okie!! (and feel free to do another thread so they dont get swallowed in with Ms Landis). ;)

-Jeff