Author Topic: Some of my Polish Collection  (Read 13013 times)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
Some of my Polish Collection
« on: September 06, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
HI

Not on here too often as I can never work out how to put my posters in the posts. I'm told the only way is to put them on a another site and link them back, Which is a long process.

I have been using Pinterest to build a wall of my Polish posters - the good thing about using it is I can use it as a record without having to get tons of posters out and photograph them as you can link from other sites.

So if you interested, this is just about a third of my Polish Collection. I'd be interested to know what you guys thinks. Sorry if linking to another site is not alllowed and feel free to delete if it's frowned up (but let me know).

Here's the link, https://uk.pinterest.com/johnkino/polish-movie-posters/

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Some of my Polish Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »
What a great selection of posters.
Pinterest works as well as any other image hosting site.
Just hot-link your images to us, like this:

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »
And,  welcome1 to APF!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 08:58:49 PM »
Hey John.

Your pinterest page looks great. Polish posters are so cool and the art can be out of this world, many times.

Great stuff!

thumbsup.gif

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 10:42:48 PM »
HI

Not on here too often as I can never work out how to put my posters in the posts. I'm told the only way is to put them on a another site and link them back, Which is a long process.

It's not really all that difficult or time consuming...if all images were hosted here our overlords would be in for a nasty bandwidth bill surprise
Chris

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »
Let's all share the bill equally  thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:49:48 PM »
Or use photobucket, flickr or some other photo hosting site.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 12:33:15 AM »
Very nice collection.  I love Polish posters.  I own a few, but not as many as I'd like.

Can't wait to see the rest.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys. Question, how do I hot link the image links to the forum? I tried and it didn;t work for me. Perhaps I posted the wrong link?

I have stuff on Flicker but not my posters at the moment so need to get that up, I think I may be limited to space without upgrading though.

As for photobucket? EVerytime I go to my page it takes so long to download I can't be bothered using it.

Cheers

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys. Question, how do I hot link the image links to the forum? I tried and it didn;t work for me. Perhaps I posted the wrong link?

I have stuff on Flicker but not my posters at the moment so need to get that up, I think I may be limited to space without upgrading though.

As for photobucket? EVerytime I go to my page it takes so long to download I can't be bothered using it.

Cheers

Hey John,

You can use the jpg urls from your Pinterest site, too. Just cut and past the actual jpeg url (any photo image URL that ends in .jpg) and place it between the Insert Image tags. The icon, when you are in "posting a message" mode, is in the second row of icons, just to the right of the colorful wheel. It looks like a picture frame. When you click on that, these tags appear: [ img ] [ /img ]

Paste your image URL between those tags and hit "post." Your image will then be here, along with your posted message.  :D

Jeff

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:14:44 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
OMG - that is rather a big image. HOw did that happen. I posted the jpg url from that poster I had in my pinterest board. Wierd! What `i do wrong?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »
If you right click over the smaller image on your page, it comes up like this, same size.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:47:14 PM by brude »

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »
OMG - that is rather a big image. HOw did that happen. I posted the jpg url from that poster I had in my pinterest board. Wierd! What `i do wrong?

Cant speak for everyone but I check the size of the image and if too big will resize it on my computer (like using Photoshop or Paint) and then upload it to Photobucket or whatever. I aim for a width or height around 800 pixels or 1000 pixels. All a bit of a pain due to effort involved but it is what it is.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 08:50:56 PM »
I am sure I did that, but I use a mac book so the control is different, I press control and click on pad and that is the equivalant of right click on a pc and it it opens in a new tab and looks like yours above but when I copy the url jpg (this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b1/b0/75/b1b075e1cd39d3307087b4d681aab4a7.jpg)

This is what it comes up as. I told you I am not good at this, just doesn't seem to work for me, I been trying now for half an hours and it still don't work properly! Frustrating..

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 08:54:46 PM »
I think you've got it now, John.
Want me to delete your XL post?

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 09:03:08 PM »
Yes please but I am going to try it again with another image I put on Pinterest just now, but still having issues. Will try again below.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »
Right - think I have it now . YOu have to open a new tab after right clicking on the image and then do it again and click on "Show image Info) and copy the image url - or that is at least how I did just now on my mac. Will try it once more now on another image.

Gwiezdne Wojny, (Star Wars)
Designer: Michal Ksiazek
Polish Art Poster

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 09:13:02 PM »
Think I have it now, thanks for the help guys, if one of you mods wants to delete the XL image that is fine. Thanks.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 09:28:38 PM »
Gorgeous posters you have there.
Post away... please!
 bed1

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
All looking good on the posting front, John!   woohoo

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »
Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm just seeing this now for the first time. Welcome aboard Poster Art. I could only see your Pinterest page through the  "signup/log in" film that covered your page, but was amazed by the ones posted on the rest of the page...the train poster and the one of the nude couple embracing (with the eyeballs watching) are gorgeous! Very nice. Thanks sharing... Looking forward to seeing more. CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »
Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm just seeing this now for the first time. Welcome aboard Poster Art. I could only see your Pinterest page through the  "signup/log in" film that covered your page, but was amazed by the ones posted on the rest of the page...the train poster and the one of the nude couple embracing (with the eyeballs watching) are gorgeous! Very nice. Thanks sharing... Looking forward to seeing more. CHEERS!

Yeah thanks for the compliments. Ihave probably about 300 Polish poster - a lot to photograph. I did an exhibition with about 60 of them a few years back.

the one of naked couple is an art poster rather than movie poster. Designed by Wiktor Gorka in 1977, the second edition was printed in 1997 if you are interested.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
Picked up another couple of posters last night of emovie.

First one this, Powerplay by artist Jacob Erol (1988)

And this one for Repulsion by Jan Lenica. Though it's a UK Quad for UK re-release (1970s) I wanted to post it here as the art is done by the Polish artist Jan Lenica.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »
I like that Repulsion, John.
Really captures her paranoia in a totally different way.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »
This is an old one I pulled out of the file. It needs some restoration to it as it has small paper loss and has a 6" tear in the top (you can't really see it in this pic as I got it lined up well). This is American Wife - (original title "Amerykanska zona" director: Gian Luigi Polidoro (Italy) 1969

designed by one of my favourite artists Andrzej Krajewski.