Author Topic: Like em, Love em, or Hate em they are all mine!  (Read 24199 times)

Mirosae

Re: Like em, Love em, or Hate em they are all mine!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »

Anybody like District 9?

I do like them! These are brilliant. I like them a lot!! :)

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 01:16:04 AM »
Nice,Gingerman. The Flying Saucer OS imagery is another that is so perfect from that 50s sci fi era. Good stuff!
I agree, this style of art is so enticing. I will most likely lean towards this stuff once I satisfy my current goals. E.T. RE....the 80's stuff will be on going. I will eventually step up and make some big purchases. I have expensive taste though.......  ;D

Good stuff, Gingerman. Like that poster for The Strangers. Creepy poster for a creepy film.
I love this movie, one of my favorite horror movies. I am currently not able to display this poster because I have young kids. When they are grown I can see posters been rotated "seasonally" like all horror around Halloween!

I like your taste and your style, Gingerman.  thumbup
Thank you, I didn't post much in the past because I was new. Then I realized we are all here for the same thing, new or not I am a member. So why not share what I have? I don't think you guys realize how much I have lurked about...........

I do like them! These are brilliant. I like them a lot!! :)
Care to guess which one of these 2 District 9 posters is currently hanging behind me? How do you feel about a sequel?

This Space For Rent!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »
I don't think you guys realize how much I have lurked about...........

Oh my stars!  You? A poster peeping tom? Ooooo I feel so soiled and VIOLATED! To think that you sneaked onto our pages without our knowledge just to leer longingly at our unsuspecting precious paper laid bare is just so vulgar and obscene. And now you freely admit to doing such a heinous act? Have you no decency? No shame?  SHOCKING!  Positively SHOCKING!

In other words, what took you so long to join and welcome aboard.

Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Mirosae

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »

Care to guess which one of these 2 District 9 posters is currently hanging behind me? How do you feel about a sequel

Which one?  "No humans allowed"? Oh..do tell :D

Not keen on sequels....i really liked the film but not sure if i would want to watch the sequel....

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2015, 11:55:50 PM »
Oh my stars!  You? A poster peeping tom? Ooooo I feel so soiled and VIOLATED! To think that you sneaked onto our pages without our knowledge just to leer longingly at our unsuspecting precious paper laid bare is just so vulgar and obscene. And now you freely admit to doing such a heinous act? Have you no decency? No shame?  SHOCKING!  Positively SHOCKING!

In other words, what took you so long to join and welcome aboard.

Cheers!
Guilty, Poster Peeping tom indeed. Part of it was waiting for the addiction to completely sink in. Another part was remaining patient for Holiday to add my account. The last part was the feeling of being able to actually contribute to the board.

Which one?  "No humans allowed"? Oh..do tell :D

Not keen on sequels....i really liked the film but not sure if i would want to watch the sequel....

No humans!!!! We have a winner! Part of me wants a sequel, but I would be disappointed if it paled in comparison to the first. Kind of like Constantine, I would have liked a sequel just to see more of the cast. However what would they make a sequel about?
This Space For Rent!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 12:42:32 AM »
Since I was just talking about these Disney Posters I am collecting for my little one, I figured I would share what I have so far.

This is not the exact Lilo and Stitch I have. I have the version with 4 arms and a red shirt....but I couldn't find a photo of it.

American Tail was a movie my little sister watched just about everyday if she was allowed. I liked the Sercet of Nimh.

I need to eventually find the 3rd one for this set.
This Space For Rent!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 02:43:48 PM »
Going for the Disney titles. Smart. I've been doing that off and on if they are affordable. They usually get snatched away. As for the Narnia posters, I've not seen any of the films. Any good. As you know,I scored the lenticular for the first film. I dig the art work..and am curious about the movies. Keep up the good work. Post more.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 04:52:29 AM »
I gave my daughter a stack of Disney posters when she was a kid, she asked me to look after, now she is an adult, I still have them aside for her, haha. one day she will want to be reminded of childhood (too soon for nostalgia)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Mirosae

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 02:37:36 AM »
I want the Lion King and the poster next to it "There's one in every family" love those two :P

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2015, 01:04:53 AM »
Going for the Disney titles. Smart. I've been doing that off and on if they are affordable. They usually get snatched away. As for the Narnia posters, I've not seen any of the films. Any good. As you know,I scored the lenticular for the first film. I dig the art work..and am curious about the movies. Keep up the good work. Post more.

CHEERS!
I like the Narnia movies personally. They are worth a watch. They are aimed a younger age group but IMHO definitely worth a watch. I have not made any big Disney purchases, only modern stuff. Disney stuff seems to do well all the time. Maybe in the future I might pick up some "investment" Disney stuff. I will most likely post some more stuff tonight, but what to share.... maybe its time from some Resident Evil?

I gave my daughter a stack of Disney posters when she was a kid, she asked me to look after, now she is an adult, I still have them aside for her, haha. one day she will want to be reminded of childhood (too soon for nostalgia)
I like watching the Disney movies with my little one. I really like watching her watch the movies. Like the other night when she watched Fantasia. She thought Mickey and the Broom was the funniest thing ever, and insisted I rewind it so she could see it again.

I want the Lion King and the poster next to it "There's one in every family" love those two :P

I really like the Lion King as well! Are you the one in the family? Lilo and Stitch is Lorelei's (my 5 year old) favorite Disney movie currently. This will most likely be the first poster she hangs on her door when I finish her room.
This Space For Rent!

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2015, 01:41:52 AM »
Im rereading the Narnia books at the moment, they were childhood favourites, I guess not as popular in USA than in UK and its colonies.
There was a good TV cartoon show of TLTW&TW in the 80's if you get a chance.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2015, 03:19:34 AM »
How about some Resident Evil? I must note, that I lost interest after the first 3 films. I do have some posters from them, but not as many as the first 3 films. I am missing 2 posters from the 3rd film. Still looking.......... I am hopeful that Resident Evil 6 might be good, they are returning to the roots of the Franchise and reopening the Hive!

The International version is probably my favorite for the first film.

I have the towel version in a bus shelter as well as this OS.

I also have this version in a bus shelter.

I need this one with Alice facing forward (with guns and/or machetes), but haven't been able to find it to date.....let me know please if you see it!
This Space For Rent!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2015, 03:21:49 AM »
Im rereading the Narnia books at the moment, they were childhood favourites, I guess not as popular in USA than in UK and its colonies.
There was a good TV cartoon show of TLTW&TW in the 80's if you get a chance.

HMMM I did not know there was a cartoon. I will have to look into it! Thank you Ari!!!!
This Space For Rent!

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2015, 03:41:34 AM »
here you go:

An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »
Oh yeah... RESIDENT EVIL. I liked that series... I forgot they were making a new one. They used to come out fairly regularly, but the later releases have sort of staggered out. Hmm. I'll see the new one, probably buy it too. They are hit and miss, as you said. I dig the poster collection. Zowie!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2015, 09:29:09 PM »
Oh yeah... RESIDENT EVIL. I liked that series... I forgot they were making a new one. They used to come out fairly regularly, but the later releases have sort of staggered out. Hmm. I'll see the new one, probably buy it too. They are hit and miss, as you said. I dig the poster collection. Zowie!

The reason they have not filmed the final movie is because Milla Jovovich has been busy having another baby! She had her 2nd daughter earlier this year. I am not sure if filming has started yet but it is scheduled to come out sometime in 2016.
This Space For Rent!

Mirosae

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2015, 04:40:49 AM »

I really like the Lion King as well! Are you the one in the family? Lilo and Stitch is Lorelei's (my 5 year old) favorite Disney movie currently. This will most likely be the first poster she hangs on her door when I finish her room.

Hehe....it seems that your daughter clearly has a great taste. Clever little girl!! :)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2015, 08:57:19 AM »
Milla Jovovich isn't getting any younger either. She'll be 40 this Christmas. Not that 40 is old (I'm 50), but in terms of the story/character, slinking in to middle age won't really work. Get the movie done already. Ha!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2015, 11:32:40 AM »
Milla Jovovich isn't getting any younger either. She'll be 40 this Christmas. Not that 40 is old (I'm 50), but in terms of the story/character, slinking in to middle age won't really work. Get the movie done already. Ha!

She isn't getting any younger, the fans are growing impatient.  The franchise has lost steam the last 2 movies. I agree they just need to finish the movie already. She has all kinds of wiggle room though considering she is sleeping with the director!  :-*
This Space For Rent!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 01:09:23 AM »
How about some randoms?

I always enjoy watching this movie, am I alone on this one?

Deniro and Pacino..... do you need more?

Sinners need not apply.

I felt this movie deserved more attention than it received.

My favorite Norton performance to date.

This Space For Rent!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2015, 07:24:38 AM »
Nice selection this latest five.
Haven't seen Righteous Kill.
Any good?

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2015, 09:03:24 AM »
How about some randoms?

I always enjoy watching this movie, am I alone on this one?

NBK is one of my favorite movies. Surely it has never gotten enough recognition. I think people missed the point and just thought it was a gratuitous violent mess. 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2015, 11:32:31 AM »
Good stuff there, Gingerman.  You're putting together a very nice collection.

Yes, the 80s were a great decade for movies.  I don't know about best, because each decade has its share of classics, but certainly the best going forward and for sure the most colorful and original decade.  I was a teenager in the 80s, I would see some 300+ movies a year (the advantage of growing up in Paris and having access to worldwide cinema) and it was the best time ever.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2015, 11:47:21 AM »
Your 80's collection is looking quite fine there, Chris.  thumbup

Some great posters came from that decade, often colorful and wild or fun.

Congrats on the growing gathering!

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2015, 02:19:54 PM »
Ted I really liked it. Not sure if you know much about the plot, so a little info perhaps, no spoilers! Dinero/Pacino are Detectives and partners. There is a vigilante killer knocking off drug dealers, pimps, rapists and so on(hence the title). They are assigned to the case and of course with any good movie there are plot twists and a well placed ending. If you check it out I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Crazy Vick I couldn't agree more, most people missed the point. Wish the poster was a bit more of a "gratuitous violent mess"! I am gonna have to watch this again sometime soon....

T Thank you, I am very fond of the 80's stuff. It would be difficult to declare the best decade for movies. The first movie I saw in theaters was Return of the Jedi, I was 5 or 6. I wasn't a teenager until the 90's, but I had older siblings so I got to watch 80's stuff on VHS with them. We didn't go to the theater much, but we constantly had rentals. 300 movies is a lot! I recall a story you shared about watching E.T. over and over, good stuff man. How did you have such access to the Cinema?

Jeff  I can say I have more stuff from the 80's than any other decade. Be Kind Please Rewind......

This Space For Rent!