Author Topic: Midway Lobby Card Set  (Read 2908 times)

legalbeagle10

Midway Lobby Card Set
« on: June 27, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »
Hi Everybody,

First timer here.  I'm not much of a collector (right now), but it's one of those hobbies I'd like to enter once I downsize my other hobbies.  So far, I mostly collect lobby cards for display at my house.  And I'm currently looking for a Midway ('76) U.S. lobby card set in fine to mint condition.  If you have one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Midway Lobby Card Set
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 03:18:25 PM »
Gotta love this forum.

Welcome legalbeagle10.  A lot of members here collect lobby cards.  Show us your collection when you get a chance.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

legalbeagle10

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »
Thanks, Simes.  I should've given more detail in my first post.  I saw those sets in my internet searches.  I'm definitely looking for a set just like those from filmposters.com with the Sensurround blurb.  However, $75 is alittle out of my price range.  I like the price from movieposter.com, but the cards' upper left corner is mostly blank (no "Sensurround").  Sorry for leaving out this info.

Best wishes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:33:32 PM by legalbeagle10 »

legalbeagle10

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »
Gotta love this forum.

Welcome legalbeagle10.  A lot of members here collect lobby cards.  Show us your collection when you get a chance.

T

There isn't much to show now, but I definitely will in the future.  Right now, I just have a few lobby cards from the Quiet Man.  However, I hope to build momentum.  After Midway, I'm moving on to Blue Max. 

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
 welcome1 legalbeagle10.

Good to see you and that you made it to the forum!

Enjoy and have fun, too!

Jeff

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »
There isn't much to show now, but I definitely will in the future.  Right now, I just have a few lobby cards from the Quiet Man.  However, I hope to build momentum.  After Midway, I'm moving on to Blue Max. 

My first LC was for QM too... which one do you have...and welcome!!!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 05:55:37 PM »
Thanks, Simes.  I should've given more detail in my first post.  I saw those sets in my internet searches.  I'm definitely looking for a set just like those from filmposters.com with the Sensurround blurb.  However, $75 is alittle out of my price range.  I like the price from movieposter.com, but the cards' upper left corner is mostly blank (no "Sensurround").  Sorry for leaving out this info.

Best wishes.

No probs - cheaper than the ebay set at $130.

Good luck.

legalbeagle10

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
Heritage auctioned sets for $51 in '07, $38 in '12, and $27 in '13.  Given the big drop in price after the economy tanked, I thought $40-$50 would be fair for retail.  I'd offer more, but my couch isn't that comfortable so I need to stay out of the doghouse for "another hobby."

legalbeagle10

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 11:31:58 AM »
My first LC was for QM too... which one do you have...and welcome!!!

I have #3.  I love the movie's setting so I wanted a card with Duke, O'Hara, and "that humble cottage" in the background.  It's a '57 re-release, but it still displays well.

And I forgot to add that I thank everyone for the welcomes.  Y'all are good people.